Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
OT: Black Eyed Peas to Play Superbowl
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 26, 2010 10:18

guess they ran out of classic rockers... well, at least we get to see Fergie's thighs.

Re: OT: Black Eyed Peas to Play Superbowl
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 26, 2010 17:28

UGot2Rollme
guess they ran out of classic rockers... well, at least we get to see Fergie's thighs.
agree about fergie , but they could not get anyone else? i smell a wardrobe malfunction!

Date: November 26, 2010 17:48

ok its in texas why not zz top?

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 26, 2010 18:10

Yawn . . . . .

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 26, 2010 21:06

What a waste of 18 minutes or whatever it is..... i'd rather watch some high school marching band than the Black Eyed Peas. But than again maybe Fergie might p*ss her paints again.

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: November 26, 2010 21:25

keefriffhard4life
ok its in texas why not zz top?

That's a good question, why not ZZ top?

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 26, 2010 21:25

Good,now I can use the time for a piss and smoke break.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 26, 2010 22:27

Ooofffffff.!!!!!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 27, 2010 00:44

ZZ TOP was under consideration. They are my favorite band, however, they cannot command attention these days.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 27, 2010 01:47

confused smileyWho?

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 27, 2010 03:24

Can anyone say...BEER RUN!!!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 27, 2010 07:36

Excellent choice: I can carve the roast at the two minute warning and chow down at halftime without missing anything!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: November 27, 2010 11:23

UGot2Rollme

If if some can remind me the [img stuff, I'll post a photo from opening night Boston. Hate the music, but...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 28, 2010 13:09

ya'.. Can be sure Black Eyed Peas will mention Mick when they play at the Superbowl here's a few lines off their latest song The Time - The Dirty Bit..which is No.1 in NZ

All-all these girls like my swagger
they callin' me Mick Jagger I be rollin' like a Stone

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 29, 2010 16:57

What a disappointment. We go from the Stones, Who, McCartney, U2, to a poor excuse for rap (which is a poor excuse for music).

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 29, 2010 17:20

Wow. What a noise dive of a choice. Well, it is going to be in Arlington, TX, home of the Dallas Cowgirls. You know what they say in Texas - they do things bigger and dumber.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: November 29, 2010 18:32

Boy are they atrocious. Horrible horrible opening at Fenway.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 29, 2010 19:08

kovach
What a disappointment. We go from the Stones, Who, McCartney, U2, to a poor excuse for rap (which is a poor excuse for music).
Not to mention Tom Petty as well. I guess they're going for a younger demographic.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 29, 2010 19:29

It's a generational shift...not unlike when the "Up With People" audience had to move over and make way for the rock bands.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 29, 2010 19:34

alhavu1

If I had to do over again, I would watch the opening act at Fenway. As it was I spent that time at Caskin-Flaggins.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 29, 2010 19:34

DaveG
Yawn . . . . .

IORR............but I like it!

Date: November 29, 2010 19:56

Shawn20
alhavu1

If I had to do over again, I would watch the opening act at Fenway. As it was I spent that time at Caskin-Flaggins.

What???!!!

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: November 30, 2010 06:14

Isn't Fergie part-owner of the Miami Dolphins?

She is gorgeous, but for the life of me I can't see the appeal in their music. Whenever I've seen them on tv, their performances always devolves into a mess...its like they're experimenting with musically deconstucting their songs while they're 'performing' them, to the point of the beat just evaporating. And the dude that always wears the shades seems like he should be in Cirque de SoGay...he's an entertainer, but clearly not a musical artist.

As for ZZ Top, they played in a SuperBowl halftime already, and I think the NFL is trying to avoid any repeats.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 30, 2010 06:35

Don't be so negative! 18 minutes is the perfect format for a group like that. Fergie still has enogh sex-appeal to catch my interest for 18 minutes. It will be exciting to see what revealing outfit she's gonna wear! I guess she's gonna be censored in some way (USA has become very prudish!).

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: November 30, 2010 06:48

About a year or so ago the Peas performed on the Victoria Secrets tv special, and of course I was tuned in. I was stunned by how drop-dead sexy Fergie was, she stole the whole friggin' show...but I was also stunned at what a shambles the performance of their big 'hit' was.

I'll be watching the SuperBowl this year to see my boys the Falcons bring home the trophy finally. I'm looking forward to watching Fergie, and also to making fun of the Peas' lame ass attempt at cutting edge r&b pop, or whatever the hell they're trying to do...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 30, 2010 13:35

I suffered through 2 nights of them at Fenway opening for our boys! GOD AWFUL NOISE! They have maybe 2 songs I can stand but they really are not what I would call suited for such a prime time slot! The SUPER BOWL deserves a super act....I'll flip the channel this year.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 30, 2010 13:39

suggest an alternative cause I can't think of one?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 30, 2010 16:00

Who cares...the Chargers will be so ahead on the scoreboard that everybody will be leaving the stadium.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 30, 2010 16:47

They are not that bad. Anyways, the game is not married to classic rock, and it could be worse, they could have rolled out a bow-legged country bumpkin in blue jeans and a hat to bounce up and down and twang out songs.

The music act is more for the tv audience since the privilage of attending the game outweighs the halftime entertainment of the seated crowd.

Date: November 30, 2010 16:58

mickschix
I suffered through 2 nights of them at Fenway opening for our boys! GOD AWFUL NOISE! They have maybe 2 songs I can stand but they really are not what I would call suited for such a prime time slot! The SUPER BOWL deserves a super act....I'll flip the channel this year.

Me too -two nights of garbage - Godawful is right.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home