Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Are The Stones still motivated to roll
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 6, 2012 11:36

First off all I would like to mention that fans are extremely loyal the Stones
never asking If the aged gentlemen have other priorities than playin in a Rockband??
Money is surely not a motivation for them to keep on going...*Jagger ???*
The only thing I can come across is that they want to finish nicely what they starded.
I think Bowie is a good example of a great Artist who tought It was time to stop .

Re: Are The Stones still motivated to roll
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 6, 2012 11:45

Money not being a motivation? So what was the motivation behind the last couple of tours? I don't mean this in any way to bash The Stones, but really...I can not imagine more naive statement. I am sure that Ronnie with his lifestyle after the divorce would say no to the money he would earn on tour.
And as for Bowie, it was his heart that decided to stop in 2004 in the first place, it was not a decision of Bowie how to finnish nicely (to use your words) in the middle of a tour.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2012 11:59

First of all remember they are four persons not one. Four motivations. Four families. And as time goes by they sure have different goals, interests and motivations. I am impressed they have kept it rolling for 50 years. They don't really need more houses, cars or "things" to buy. But of course anyone who have money want more money. Simple fact. I ask you - right - you reading this right now. If you found a way of making money and you liked doing that work, would you do it? I am sure you would. The Stones do like performing and they do love the sound of 10,000 or 100,000 or more fans in a crowd, but they have to agree on doing these gigs. Not one but four different persons. That's the trick...

Bjornulf

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 6, 2012 12:03

Well, at least they are still motivated to rock ;-)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 6, 2012 12:06

They should have done like this (If we could change history): Kept on during the 80s with a mid-80s tour. Skipped all solo activities. Stayed away from cocaine.
Delivered records with 2 year intervals. And finished it all with a farewell tour in 1999/2000.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 6, 2012 12:13

yeah, well....
I hope they go out with a nice roll.
Only wondering when they will announce the date of ticketsales for this fall.
Maybe you can shed some light on this, please Bjornulf
jeroen

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 6, 2012 12:15

Happy24
Money not being a motivation? So what was the motivation behind the last couple of tours? I don't mean this in any way to bash The Stones, but really...I can not imagine more naive statement. I am sure that Ronnie with his lifestyle after the divorce would say no to the money he would earn on tour.
And as for Bowie, it was his heart that decided to stop in 2004 in the first place, it was not a decision of Bowie how to finnish nicely (to use your words) in the middle of a tour.
Ronnie has still his Radioshow +art

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 6, 2012 12:24

Are The Stones still motivated to roll ?

At this stage one could very easily be forgiven for thinking that they're not particularly motivated to roll any longer.

My sentiments are basically that it would be really nice to see them on stage once more, but I would neither be surprised - nor in fact too disappointed actually - if they chose instead to call it a wrap.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 6, 2012 13:11

They haven't rolled since Bill Wyman left smoking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 6, 2012 15:17

steffiestones
Happy24
Ronnie has still his Radioshow +art

Of course, they all have "decent incomes" even without touring and they surely don't need money desperately :-). But it is as bv sumed it up - why not to get payed a lot of money for doing something you like? The amount of money that comes out of a (possible) RS tour is huge and it would motivate anyone, even very rich people and there is nothing wrong with it. Saying that, I don't want to suggest that money is the only driving force. Surely they are not that much into it as they were 50 years ago, but I also believe that there is still fair amount of joy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 15:19 by Happy24.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 6, 2012 15:31

paulywaul
Are The Stones still motivated to roll ?

At this stage one could very easily be forgiven for thinking that they're not particularly motivated to roll any longer.

My sentiments are basically that it would be really nice to see them on stage once more, but I would neither be surprised - nor in fact too disappointed actually - if they chose instead to call it a wrap.

My sentiments exactly, Paulywaul.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 6, 2012 15:37

Anybody who has played and performed in front of a responsive audience knows that unique buzz to be a very powerful and adictive drug...

Can you become jaded and not want to do it any more ?

I rather doubt it.

Fitness and preparation to do it on the same scale the Stones have for the last 30 years or so is another matter...but I can't believe they don't want to do it at all.

Date: August 6, 2012 16:00

Ask them

Date: August 6, 2012 16:03

billwebster
Well, at least they are still motivated to rock ;-)

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 6, 2012 16:04

Oh, goodie. Another "Do You Think There Will Be A Tour" thread.

Date: August 6, 2012 17:58

bill has got his own tour till Oct 9, Mick taylor is gonna tour with Ben wters till Oct 7 or so.

Will it happen after these dates???
jeroen

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 6, 2012 18:50

The band has not "rolled" (musically, at least) in five years, so the answer to the question is pretty self-evident.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 6, 2012 18:52

71Tele
The band has not "rolled" (musically, at least) in five years, so the answer to the question is pretty self-evident.

that's cheating. answer it anyway.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 6, 2012 19:18

It seems that maybe for the first time ever Keith has not seemed particularly motivated. Mick and Charlie and Ronnie all had outside projects and appearances. Keith, who used to be the ultimate road dog, nothing.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 6, 2012 19:26

24FPS
It seems that maybe for the first time ever Keith has not seemed particularly motivated. Mick and Charlie and Ronnie all had outside projects and appearances. Keith, who used to be the ultimate road dog, nothing.

So Keith was only BSing when he was talking of a tour earlier in the year ?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 6, 2012 19:38

bv
First of all remember they are four persons not one. Four motivations. Four families. And as time goes by they sure have different goals, interests and motivations. I am impressed they have kept it rolling for 50 years. They don't really need more houses, cars or "things" to buy. But of course anyone who have money want more money. Simple fact. I ask you - right - you reading this right now. If you found a way of making money and you liked doing that work, would you do it? I am sure you would. The Stones do like performing and they do love the sound of 10,000 or 100,000 or more fans in a crowd, but they have to agree on doing these gigs. Not one but four different persons. That's the trick...

what about darryl?...doesn't he have to agree too?.....

Date: August 6, 2012 19:40

lunar!!!
bv

what about darryl?...doesn't he have to agree too?.....

if you think i'm going to any stones show without darryl, you got another thing coming....

Date: August 6, 2012 19:54

Darryl, who the f...is Darryl.
jeroen

he is not a stone, he´s a hired gun
jeroen

anyway, i´m losing my faith in the fact there will be a few shows
Maybe it was all BS for the documentary

jeroen

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 6, 2012 20:08

bv
If I was 69 y.o. and had > 100 mio. usd on my account, money would not be a motivation - sorry to disagree.

Date: August 6, 2012 20:10

mtaylor
bv
If I was 69 y.o. and had > 100 mio. usd on my account, money would not be a motivation - sorry to disagree.

so it's a free tour? free beer and everything?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 6, 2012 20:15

StonesTod
mtaylor
bv

Didn't say that - just pointed that other factors could be of importance - for instance: music, meeting the audience, Stones fans one more time.
Principally, they could be without a tour - they have not been on the road for > 5 years....

Date: August 6, 2012 20:19

mtaylor
StonesTod
mtaylor
bv

Didn't say that - just pointed that other factors could be of importance - for instance: music, meeting the audience, Stones fans one more time.
Principally, they could be without a tour - they have not been on the road for > 5 years....

dammit...this was gonna be the best stones ever....

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 6, 2012 20:29

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 6, 2012 20:38

Obviously they are not.

They're not even motivated to play one song togehter live on their 50th anniversary... whatever that was.

I've written them off as finished as soon as Jagger did the Exile stuff.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 6, 2012 20:53

At least they are still motivated to troll.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home