Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: IORR competition - Win signed copies of Keith's book LIFE!
Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: December 2, 2010 22:36

Because I love the Scandinavian culture and Keith, it will be great have that book in Norwegian signed by Keith.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: December 3, 2010 01:01

I just love the guy, all the great songs he's made, all the pleasure he's given me since I was a kid. To put it simply: I respect the work he's done, for The Stones and for the rock'n roll music, the blues, the reggea, the country and the funk. It would be great to have his signature in the book which describes his increadible life.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 3, 2010 03:26

Just to make my year perfect.
After 20 years finally get married.
5 min in an "office" after a wine b'fast.
All in Stones shirts. Then to TGIF for burgers.
Was a well kept secret for 2 months. Then we had
the party. Dragged in "Little boy blue and the
blue boys". Great Norwegian tribute band.
Thank G my 82 year old aunt left early.
Then my speech. Instead of standing crying...
I just said, "Music is better" and we put on
Nearness with Keith on a big screen. Great for me
since Patti is half Norwegian. And it's the song that almost gave
me a heart attack in Munchen when performed.

Hope hope to win the book

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Bluesstones ()
Date: December 3, 2010 12:20

Keith Richards - A Signed Life:
The most beautiful Christmas present...what more can I say....
I send you my love

Tony

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 3, 2010 12:41

Post edited because I posted on the wrong thread

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-03 12:50 by SwayStones.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: December 3, 2010 14:38

My reason for wanting Life with an authentic autograph:

Summer of 1987. I was 14 and not a particularly bright young man.
Every morning I criss-crossed our neighbourhood delivering newspapers because the brother of a boy in my class had an autographed Keith poster for sale.
That autumn I gave that dude all the money I had. I even stole some from my mum.
That poster was sooo nice.
Of course, it was also sooo fake.
Today the poster hangs in my attic. It´s a reminder of the stupidity I have done for love.
A reminder of what I will continue to do as long as I roll.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 3, 2010 15:33

Remember the deadline: tonight at midnight CET.

I know a lot of people were planning to order the iorr.org T-shirts, then postponed it - and missed the deadline.

Just to ensure that you don't miss deadline: IT'S tonight - midnight CET. (6PM in NYC, 23.00 in London, 01.00 AM in Helsinki)

If you've already entered the competition, read through your entry and see if it's less than 100 words, does NOT contain hospital stories, and tells a story of your passion and is something you wrote yourself. (someone tried to enter the competition with a story from the Old Testament... I'm not sure if it's copyrighted material - but really - you can do better!)

Good Luck!

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: December 3, 2010 19:36

First show was in 82, with the show in Brixton Acadamy 1995 the best have ever seen, also the London Underground Subway with fellow fans was awesome back to the hotel , The thing missing is the autograph of Keith , But maybe its better so, so there is always something to want.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 3, 2010 21:00

Addicted

someone tried to enter the competition with a story from the Old Testament... I'm not sure if it's copyrighted material - but really - you can do better!

That wasn't my "entry". That was just part of our discussion here, Addicted. I merely meant to highlight (a little sarcastically) the judgment which is required in this difficult (and far less important) decision.

You want 100 words or less? My being a visual person and all... my entry is here. Remember that a picture IS worth a thousand words.

Addicted

I know a lot of people were planning to order the iorr.org T-shirts, then postponed it - and missed the deadline.

I won that competition too, btw...

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-03 21:12 by schillid.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 3, 2010 21:13

schillid
Remember that a picture IS worth a thousand words.

We're only allowed 100 words Schillid. So I regret to inform you that only 1/10 of your picture counts as an entry. grinning smiley

Question to BV and Addicted: Will the winners be announced right after the deadline? Reading the first post, it's not clear (Or maybe I'm missing something).

Crossing fingers and toes for a copy of this.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: tommct ()
Date: December 3, 2010 21:35

Well...I like many at IORR have seen the Stones numerous times in countless locations at various points in their expansive career. These concerts have brought many wonderful memories and quite a few t-shirts and lots of great songs of course.

One that stands out is a Bigger Bang show at Giants stadium. It was the second time that I took my Mom to see the boys. She was 85 at the time. She, like myself, just loved the energy that they expend. Keith played that wondeful song "You Got The Silver". A signed book would be a great way to not only remember that time spent with Keith and the Stones, but one that was shared with an awesome lady. My Mom!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 3, 2010 22:48

Me an Keef

The troubadour Raven, all dues paid
An electric Gypsy, mascara marinade
The human riff, with a shoulder drop
Carrion cackle and dead man’s cough
A Wingless Angel an Expensive Wino
White rasta exile, holed up in nellcote’
A beacon of light, a glimmer of hope
To a teenage boy sinking in dope
Tombstone teeth, leathery leer
I spiked my hair, I pierced my ear
Happy at last I let it loose
A picture on a wall, my five string muse
Through, clubs, halls and stadiums
I tried to be there, wide eyed and legless
A Brussels affair!

Posted by: JumpingJack111 ()
Date: December 3, 2010 23:35

Rotterdam, December 4 1992. I was the first time that I saw Keith Richards live. I met a man which was a Keith fan for years. I've learned from him: you can play the exact notes like Keith, but never play the exact feel. In other words (and here we go Keith bashers) it looks simple but if you try to play like him it will never sounds the same. You simple can't...

Now I've seen Keith for 36 times. And all I got is a blink in the Wembley arena. Maybe more exclusive than a signed book.

Posted by: freddierogers ()
Date: December 3, 2010 23:48

Stones fan since 64.first concert in 72. 42 overall from San Francisco to Amsterdam.Met Charlie in an elevator in Memphis.Met Bill Wyman,talked about Brian's funeral.Met Mick in hall in Atlanta.Met Ron in San Fran at his art showing,I had on a Charlie t-shirt (Ron's print)Charlie had throat cancer then.Ron wrote"My man Charles" on the shirt and signed. As I was about to leave,he said "wait" and drew a left nipple (in the correct spot).Met Bobby in Nashville--whiskey and cigars.Met Bert, NOT MET KEITH. NEED BOOK !!!

Posted by: Dande ()
Date: December 4, 2010 00:38

I was wide eyed barely teenager when I first saw Rolling Stones back in 1995. Who knew that day would change the course of my life. Before that I had no idea about what I want to be when I grow up. I bought my first guitar the day after the concert and never looked back. I went on to study teaching and I have been working as a music teacher for 6 years now and I love it.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: December 4, 2010 01:09

It's Wonderful, Just Thinking"
of having Keith's full "Life" and signed by himself.
The Lovely "Living Man"

November '63 - Radio 208 LUX started it all for me....
Come On - Not heard anything like that before.

My classmate (also listening to 208 every night)
came running towards me that next morning;
He had heard the same "Déjà vu" Rolling Stones...

Then my first RS concert, June `65 police carrying me out ?

Not allowed to stand up - been waiting all my life
for this and then just "sit down" ...
... third time I got up 3 policemen carried me out
A "dangerous" 15 1/2 year kid......

Luckily I had ticket for the late show also ;-)

All the Best!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-04 01:15 by Heart for Stones.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 4, 2010 01:30

I must say, some very nice stories. I really enjoyed reading them. Good luck Bjornulf to pick out the best ones.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 4, 2010 12:05

The winners will be announced as soon as the judge/editor/web master has had the time to read all the entries.
Then I'll head off to the post office and send the books, as soon as I get the correct addresses.

Yes - thare are some very nice stories here, Hansie! It's gonna be a tough job for BV. But no matter what his decission is, I feel quite sure that none of the winners will put these gems on E-bay. I know there are only 11 signed copies of LIFE in Norwegian, (I took them to Paris, Keith signed them, and I brought them back) so if they turn up on E-bay - the person responsible will get a phone call from an angry old bitch. Me.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2010 13:10

This thread is now closed. There will be an update with more info soon. See the first post of this thread.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home