Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: IORR competition - Win signed copies of Keith's book LIFE!
Posted by: z ()
Date: November 28, 2010 22:17

SwayStones
z

It'll make daddy happy

z I hope you get Keith's book , "Life"
This little girl who looks so cute & sweet deserves it ....That's the way ,we,fathers or mothers or friends or posters from iorr or whoever, send/give /hand over ,OUR LOVE of the Stones

Thanks SwayStones.
It's a boy. and he's 1 year 8 months old.
I have the English edition of "Life" and whenever he sees it lying around he goes "Keith! Keith!", and asks me to read the story for him.
"One day Keith met another nice boy at the train station..."
He doesn't mind if the book's in English or Norwegian.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 29, 2010 08:51

Delete please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-29 11:20 by frankotero.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 29, 2010 10:34

frankotero
Wow, how to describe why I desrerve this or how big of a Stones fan that I am. Certainly would love to have Keef's autograph, but not going to beg. This must be difficult for BV and Addicted. Thanks to them for the effort and gesture though. Got to wonder if the books will end up with two lucky die hard fans, not someone who's going to sell it or just wants to win a contest.

Misunderstanding I) I'm not involved in picking out the winners! There's one judge - and that's BV. Unbribeable and fair.

Possible misunderstanding) Is this an entry? Or just an opinion? If it's just an opinion and you don't want to enter the competition, please remove your post.
This thread's for competition entries.

That also goes for the rest of you. Or else BV's job'will be a lot more difficult when he has to read a lot of "oh, I don't think you're doing this in the correct way"-posts among the real entries.
So - please - help him by removing the posts that don't belong here.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 29, 2010 11:10

Sorry about that. It's an opinion. Never tried to remove a post, but if I figure it out I will remove it.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 29, 2010 13:07

It was in 1995.
I just went on my 2nd date with my new girlfriend. The Stones were in The Netherlands to play some concerts.
We were sitting at the Leidseplein in Amsterdam, close to the Amstel Hotel where the Stones were residing.
It was already late in the evening. we were having a romantic, in-love feeling night out.
Then Corrie, my new girl asked me: "what would you do if Keith was walking by, and asked you to go to a Pub with him and have a few drinks???" ' wuld you choose to go with Keef, or stay with me??"She looked at me all love in her eyes..
I waited a moment and said, " well thats not so difficult" she got all romantic...
: I said, i go with Keith ofcourse "!!
Now in 2010, she is still my wife and lets me have all the time for the Stones and Keith in particular!!
If i win the book, i will be so happy.
One Love
jeroen

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 29, 2010 16:08

I think I should win it because I've actually survived eating LUTEFISK in Norway at Christmas time, and if that doesn't deserve true recognition and a huge reward ... well nothing does !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 29, 2010 16:15

Again, I'm very sorry for your suffering... I know exactly how awful LUTEFISK is, but if you want a book - as in a signed copy of LIFE - I think you have to please BV with your Stones-story. smileys with beer and Aquavit on top of that!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 29, 2010 16:25

I just remember sitting by the pool as a teenager and hearing Beast of Burden for the first time on the radio, it was like nothing I've ever heard before. Bought the album immediately (my first Stones album), and have been hooked ever since. Missed them on that tour (the ended the tour in my hometown of St. Louis at a little 1500 seater), but caught them on the 81' tour and every tour since at 8 different venues in 5 cities (including a couple shows on the last tour). One highlight was seeing Sway performed for the very first time on my birthday, 9/24!

Started working backwards from Some Girls, asked for the MFSL vinyl boxset for my birthday shortly there after (and got it! Still have it!), and bought the few albums put out by them that came after that period (Sticky Fingers and Some Girls...again!).

Of course have suplemented them with CD's, multiple times. Now have all the remastered versions.

Went to both shows of the Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! filming, and have talked to Johnnie Johnson several times since about that, Keith in general, and other projects he's worked on (in fact, got a picture with Johnnie the night before he died where he played fantasticly, at a wedding reception of a mutual friend, and said he's felt better than he has in a long time). I've also supported several of the fund raisers for the documentary coming out about Johnnie soon.

Got my 9 year old son interested now and he wants to see them on the next tour!

Date: November 29, 2010 16:33

Lovely, kovach.
But can you get it down to 100 words? Like it says in the first post?
You can use the "EDIT POST"-function.
Good luck!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 29, 2010 17:09

Addicted
Again, I'm very sorry for your suffering... I know exactly how awful LUTEFISK is, but if you want a book - as in a signed copy of LIFE - I think you have to please BV with your Stones-story. smileys with beer and Aquavit on top of that!

<<< but if you want a book - as in a signed copy of LIFE >>>

It's OK, I don't need one. I was at Waterstones on 3rd November, the riffmeister signed the copy I have, forgot to mention that ... whoops !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 29, 2010 18:36

The second woman said, “He is my son!” But the first one insisted, “No! He is mine.” And so they argued before the king.

The king said, “This one says, ‘My son is alive and your son is dead,’ while that one says, ‘No! Your son is dead and mine is alive.’”
Then the king said, “Bring me a sword.” So they brought a sword for the king. He then gave an order: “Cut the living child in two and give half to one and half to the other.”

The woman whose son was alive was deeply moved out of love for her son and said to the king, “Please, my lord, give her the living baby! Don’t kill him!” But the other said, “Neither I nor you shall have him. Cut him in two!”

Then the king gave his ruling: “Give the living baby to the first woman. Do not kill him; she is his mother.” When all Israel heard the verdict the king had given, they held the king in awe, because they saw that he had wisdom from God to administer justice.

If someone suggests dividing up the book...

Please! For the love of god...

DON"T DO THAT

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: November 29, 2010 22:26

He has shown me to enjoy good music and now, if I'm one of the winners, he will help me to learn to read! Hope one day I'll have the chance to learn to drink a beer with him too...
All the best to him, hope to see you soon rockin'

Date: November 30, 2010 02:24

Wow. So much major competition. Kent, what a wonderful thing you wish to do for your new child...or is it for you? ;-)

I've been a Stones fan since 1968 but my story is an ordinary one + I can't speak Norwegian so the book wouldn't be much good for me. Best wishes to everyone with a Stones' story.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: November 30, 2010 03:11

I got lips so thick
Just like Mick

I dig Keef
Even though I don't eat shepherd's pie beef

I dig Wyman
Because he busted some hymen

I dig Charlie
Because he's a killa-Watt

I dig Stu
Because I got the same name too

Tinker, Taylor,
soldier, sailor's liiiives

I dig Wood
He's back doing it so good

I don't forget Darrell
Even though he's built like a barrel

Chuck Leavell?
I guess he's swell

And Lisa Fisher?

I'd definitely do her

Posted by: upstny ()
Date: November 30, 2010 03:54

Things in my LIFE that were inspired by Keith Richards...

1) I lost over 100 lbs listening to only Stones' music
2) I taught myself to play guitar
3) I can't get enough of that Chuck Berry boogie-woogie!
4) "Connection" was the first-ever song I recorded on a rented 4-track
5) I want to travel to London for two reasons - Edith Grove and the Dartford Train Station
6) I also want to go to the South of France
7) I've played open-G and with 5 strings as well
8) I understand what hard work and dedication can achieve...

Mark from Canada

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 30, 2010 05:57

19 live shows. Not all of them great,but most of them were. Including the No Security opening night which I have said is my very favorite show ever.I don't have every Stones album,but I have all the good ones and a few not so good. I don't have every bootleg,but I have several good ones and a few not so good.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 30, 2010 06:29

Richard from Canada
Wow. So much major competition. Kent, what a wonderful thing you wish to do for your new child...or is it for you? ;-)

It's for my son, in case anybody is wondering. I'd never lie about something like that and you can ask anybody who knows me. I just don't do that. Like I always say: "I may be an a$$hole, but I'm not a @#$%& a$$hole. smiling smiley
It would just be so nice to be able to give that to my son. But I won't make more than one entry in this thread, so I'll stop here....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: November 30, 2010 14:32

I would like to have the book signed by Keith. I don't want it for myself, but I would give it away to my brother HJ. He lives in Denmark nowadays and it would be a nice present for his new house in his own musicroom...

My brother is 10 years younger than I am and I took him to see the Stones in de Kuip in Rotterdam on the 4th of june 1982. We went with a couple of friends in a small van. We smoked some joints on the way to the stadium and because he was only 15, he was not allowed to join!! I told him to shut up and not tell our parents what happenend in Rotterdam. And so he did, I never paid him for that, so this book would be an excellent award!!

Date: December 1, 2010 00:42

Hi Kent. I was just playing with ya. If anyone deserves to win, it's you. You've brought new life to this website - and that was many years back. You still shine. Good Luck.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 1, 2010 06:33

Richard from Canada
Hi Kent. I was just playing with ya. If anyone deserves to win, it's you. You've brought new life to this website - and that was many years back. You still shine. Good Luck.

That remark warms my heart in this cold time. Thank you very, very much for that compliment Richard. I really appreciate it. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: December 1, 2010 08:55

easy

ever since I was a kid in the 70s the older kids told me you were a bad person but after reading your book I now know your are a good person, good to all who love you. I would like to have the signed book to tell everyone you are a good person and wonderful guitar player, I will preach the good news to everyone who would lend me a ear.

cheers

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: December 1, 2010 13:47

Well my wife says I have a "mancrush" on Keith! It's sort of a running joke in our household.I love the Keith and his Stones. I like to tell people I am a militant Keef and Stonss fan! I have argued many times about the greatness of Keith. I even caught it from fans on this board when I said that the Stones musical impact will be remembered as equal or greater than greats like Mozart and Bach. I still stand behind those comments. Winning the book would be great!Keith has provided the soundtrack to my life and I would love to have a copy with Keith's signature. I love Keef!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: December 1, 2010 16:12

My god, a book signed by Keith himself ! What can I poor boy do, except to sing for a rock'n'roll band...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-02 12:23 by Hotstuff.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 1, 2010 21:03

How can resume in 100 words all that anyone feel about Keith? His music, his feeling, his world´s contribution, my next first-born will be named Keith for all that i learn and know thanks to Keith Richards. Because Keith´s the soul in a band, not only one band, the greatest rock´n roll band in the world! and i dont want to live any day without listen a Stones riff, obviously make it by Keith. Yes, the firts stone in step in my country Mexico and married here... (and here are not copies available).

Love you Keith!

Posted by: varv ()
Date: December 1, 2010 23:52

This would be the jewel in the crown of my Stones collection. Hell, you could send the autograph and I'll buy the book myself. The Stones have been my favorite band since 1964. I saw them on Red Skelton,Ed Sullivan,Shindig,Hullabaloo,and when The Rolling Stones Gather Moss was shown at our local theater I was ecstatic. I've seen the Stones in concert at every opportunity from 1969 to 2006 and can't wait to see them again. Lots of great posts here but I truly believe nobody could appreciate this book more than me.

Posted by: mrkeithman ()
Date: December 2, 2010 00:08

Almost 15 years ago I dedicated my book Keith Richards. During the 2003-Fourty-Licks tour I played before the arenashow Stones songs outside of the Stockholm Stadion and the Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet decided to put me (in my leopardcoat), not Mick Jagger, on the first page of the newspapper. The night before the club show at Cirkus I played "Tumbling Dice" for a special man at midnight ... and this was my club-ticket for the Cirkus. For the whole story, please read the IORR-pages for Stockholm-2003. Believe me, I´m worth it smiling smiley

Posted by: AGR123 ()
Date: December 2, 2010 00:22

'Some Girls' and I were 'Waiting on a Friend', we call 'Crazy Mama', for a lonely night at the 'Memory Motel', when a 'Street Fighting Man' yelled, "Hey, 'Parachute Woman', is your chute ready for 'Flight 505'?" Being the 'Honky Tonk Woman' with 'Far Away Eyes' that I am, I retorted, "'Come On', the 'Hand of Fate' is on me now, plus the 'Fortune Teller' in 'Yesterday's Paper' said,'You Can't Always Get What You Want', but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need - a signed copy of Keith's book Life!"

Posted by: keef9 ()
Date: December 2, 2010 02:38

Although I wasn’t born until the late 90’s, I started guitar in kindergarten and ever since, the Stones’ music has become a huge part of my life. I have been influenced by Keith greatly in my playing and I listen to the Stones constantly (on vinyl)! I am also currently reading Life for an independent reading assignment which I will write a paper on. I feel a very close connection with his beliefs and opinions on music which he states throughout the book. Getting this book would be one of the greatest things to happen to me in my life.

Evan M.

Posted by: jfmiii21 ()
Date: December 2, 2010 18:25

I first saw the Stones with my father opening night in Chicago 1997. It was literally one of the greatest moments of my life. I will always cherish that memory. It was like an awakening. Since then, this band has consumed my life. Ask any of my friends…it is clear that a huge part of who I am is tied to the Rolling Stones. This band has opened my eyes to so many other types of music, that I am eternally grateful. I would cherish this autograph for what it is; a symbol of the source of immense personal joy.

Posted by: jaggerzita ()
Date: December 2, 2010 19:31

I just can't imagine how my life would be without the Stones.It's hard to describe in words the feeling, their importance in my life and what they mean to me.I also discovered the Blues because of them. I'm 16 and I'm a fan since I'm 12.I am the proof the Stones can still delight the youngers. Sometimes I read people here saying they are not able to do it anymore. They are my heroes and forever will be. And to have a book signed by one of my heroes would be just perfect.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home