Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: IORR competition - Win signed copies of Keith's book LIFE!
Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: November 26, 2010 19:05

I want to win the contest "Before They Make Me Run" to the store and buy the book.
I could just go steal one, but that would be "Too Rude."
With an autographed copy, I'd be sure to get a "Little T & A."
If I don't win, I'm gonna think you had it "infamy."
I don't want to find myself "Slipping Away" without having read this book.

Winning would just make me "Happy."

Posted by: belld ()
Date: November 26, 2010 19:47

SIR KEITH Of THE RICHARDS, I WILL KNIGHT YOU ROCK AND ROLL STYLE. HURR HURR.

Posted by: Max Volume!!! ()
Date: November 26, 2010 20:48

If I win, I'll dedicate my copy to you, Bjornulf, to keep or give to whomever you'd like, as a way of saying "Thank you!" for this board.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 26, 2010 20:53

When I was 17 (1977) I took a trip around western europe. On my backpack I put a picture of Keith with a FREE KEITH sign underneath it.I was a kid, Keith was my Hero and I wanted the world to know that I didn't want Keith to spend the next 20 years of his life in jail. It's now 2010, Keith Richards has remained my Hero and I still stand up and I defend him whenvever he is in trouble!!smiling smiley
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: xwino ()
Date: November 27, 2010 02:37

Because I would simply love nothing more than HIS book with HIS signature on it. As a fan of the band, and Keith particularly, the chance to own such a cherished item would be priceless. Thank you.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 27, 2010 05:02

Just my humble opinion. But rather than having people beg or grovel for the book. Wouldn't it just be easier to have a random drawing. Who's to say what makes someone a bigger or better fan than someone else. I mean if you just say I love Rolling Stones music. Isn't that enough?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 27, 2010 11:23

Completely agree with you.This is turning out to be an ''I love Keith more than you do thread''.A random draw for fans who want to enter would be the easiest and fairest thing to win a book, very kindly given to IORR by Addicted.We all love the Stones and I have changed my mind about entering.I have read the rules and I think I comply.I want to win because I love being a winner.Not because I love the Stones more than anyone else. smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-27 14:14 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: November 27, 2010 12:42

I want to win, cause i got my first record in 1971, when i was 9 years old and from that moment i was hooked. I got a guitar at the same day too. And my idol is, what a surprise smiling smiley , Keith Richards thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-27 12:45 by thomas guitar.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 27, 2010 14:51

sweetcharmedlife
Just my humble opinion. But rather than having people beg or grovel for the book. Wouldn't it just be easier to have a random drawing. Who's to say what makes someone a bigger or better fan than someone else. I mean if you just say I love Rolling Stones music. Isn't that enough?

I fully agree with you ,sweetcharmedlife .

Plus I don't like the idea of begging for something I want very much .Or should I say ," I very much want " smiling smiley

Edited for misspelling purposes

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-27 19:26 by SwayStones.

Posted by: MiCkJaGGeR ()
Date: November 27, 2010 14:58

in Medison Square Garden i was in front of the middle stage. I showed Keith my black wristband with red tongue. He gave me his hand and took my wristband away and went to the great stage.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 27, 2010 19:54

I would like to enter and win a copy. Simple as that.

Not interested in making this an 'I'm a bigger fan than everyone else because...' contest so I won't offer any other reason.

However, its a very nice gesture to offer such a great prize.

Thanks.

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: November 27, 2010 21:06

They gave me satisfaction.

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 27, 2010 21:19

It'll make daddy happy

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: November 27, 2010 21:30

For hundreds of us (or maybe thousands), Keith Richards is why we decided to pick up a guitar. I taught myself how to play guitar through non-stop, repeated playing of “Ya-Ya’s” in the late 1970’s when I was a teenager. Through Keith Richards, we have all learned that there are many rich musical styles in the world worth exploring. Thanks Keith!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 27, 2010 22:03

Indeed, it's a very nice gesture of Addicted and BV to offer 2 signed copies of LIFE to the messageboard - thanks

When it comes to me....I don't deserve it; there sure are bigger Rolling Stones fans than me here; and; I'm expecting both english and norwegian versions for christmas.....autographed items ain't my thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-27 22:04 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 27, 2010 22:11

z

It'll make daddy happy

z I hope you get Keith's book , "Life"
This little girl who looks so cute & sweet deserves it ....That's the way ,we,fathers or mothers or friends or posters from iorr or whoever, send/give /hand over ,OUR LOVE of the Stones

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: November 27, 2010 22:21

Erik_Snow

When it comes to me....I don't deserve it; there sure are bigger Rolling Stones fans than me here; and; I'm expecting both english and norwegian versions for christmas.....autographed items ain't my thing.

The same applies to me, except that I'm not expecting any version for christmas. If I want it my wife is willing to order it for me any timesmiling smiley.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 27, 2010 22:24

kleermaker
If I want it my wife is willing to order it for me any timesmiling smiley.

I'm very eager on reading the book, so I've nearly bought it several times.....but since I "wished" it for christmas from someone...I'll have to wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-27 22:33 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: bmandolini ()
Date: November 27, 2010 23:07

Becaouse I follow the Stones since I was 12 years and have never had a chance to have a real autograph of Keith Richards.

Posted by: Duked ()
Date: November 27, 2010 23:39

My 2 reasons:
- I already purchased the book!
- I've been playing Stones bass in our Hungarian Stones tribute band for 8 years

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: November 28, 2010 02:06

One of my first memories of The Stones, was seeing my brother, around 1975, banging his hand towards the speaker to the rhythm of the Ya-Ya's Jumpin' Jack Flash. I had a friend who at that time also was a fan, I still remember us looking at the cover of Beggars Banquet, the shared feeling that this was "it".

Later we bought bootlegs. Especially Nasty Songs, or Bedspring Symphony, from mainly Brussels 1973, was a discovery. I had never heard rock like this before, nothing so tough, nothing so good.

Now I've got lots of old CDs. But it's the Stones CDs I tend to still pick out and play (especially in the car, the car is a great place for listening to music). Why is that? One important reason: I remember a Japanese fan on TV say that "The Stones make me happy". Me too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-28 03:31 by Ringo.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: November 28, 2010 02:48

I've shortened my post, to stay under the 100 word limit:

One of my first memories of The Stones, was seeing my brother, around 1975, banging his hand towards the speaker to the rhythm of the Ya-Ya's Jumpin' Jack Flash. I still remember me and a friend looking at the cover of Beggars Banquet, the shared feeling that this was "it".

Especially the Europe 1973 bootlegs were a discovery. I had never heard rock like this before, nothing so tough, nothing so good.

Now, I still play my old Stones CDs, often. Why is that? A Japanese fan said on TV that "Rolling Stones make me happy". Me too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-03 15:22 by Ringo.

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: November 28, 2010 09:29

I share Keiths taste in good looking women, is that a good enough reason?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 28, 2010 10:19

Keith taught me every lick I know.

Please do include me in the contest. Many thanks.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 28, 2010 13:03

sweetcharmedlife

Sorry - we don't change the rules in the middle of a competition. That would be very unethical. This is not about begging, it's about sharing with other posters why you have a passion for the Stones.
Some people haven't read the rules in the first post, though. That's probably not a great trick if you want to please the judge. And the judge is BV. He has rules and he's fair. Simple as that.
Happy thanksgiving, btw!

Posted by: lynn1 ()
Date: November 28, 2010 15:34

Why?

Because......

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 28, 2010 17:05

lynn1
Why?

Because......
As I wrote in the post above - changing the rules during - in the middle of a competition - that's just not acceptable. Some people have written good posts, and they're definitely in the competition.
If you want the chance to win a book - deal with the rules, because they're NOT subject to change during the competition.
If you disagree with the rules - tough! The books will be given to the two posters who have delivered the best posts in accordance with the rules in the first post. And the judge will rule according to the rules. I trust BV will come up with a fair judgement. And when his decission's done, we will send out the books and publish the names of the winners here. You might not like it. But this is the way it's going to be. Period.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 28, 2010 17:53

I’d love to say that I’m a Stones fan since 1963, after hearing them on BBC, that I attended hundreds of their concerts and bought all the Stones' LPs on the very day of their release since the first one.
But that’s not true, unfortunately.
I’m just a fan who grew up listening to their songs and who went on tears on my very first concert, back in 1995, after dreaming for years to attend a concert of the Stones.
After all these years, their music still makes me feel like the kid that once I was.

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: November 28, 2010 20:00

to win a book signed

Congratulations Bjornulf

Jean-Pierre Lescher

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 28, 2010 22:04

First concert, 11 years old. When Charlie threw his drumsticks to the crowd, I was not tall or strong enough to get one. Back home, next day, I heard a rumor one of my neighbors got one. I had always been scared of him, but followed my courage and paid him a visit. He was friendly and showed me the drumstick with Charlie’s signature engraved on it. He then asked me to borrow it. That night I put Charlie’s drumstick under my pillow, but couldn’t sleep: I got out of bed, turned on the lights and studied it all night.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-03 18:34 by The Worst..

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home