Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: IORR competition - Win signed copies of Keith's book LIFE!
Posted by: pieter kentrop ()
Date: November 25, 2010 14:04

Rolling Stones music has been a great part of my live since 1966 ,as i heard for the first time I ts all over now from Big Hit Green Grass and...I was hooked ,it continued to this day today, by playing Stones music with my tribute band LBB&BB for over 20 years, pleasing and making new Rolling Stones fans during our tribute concerts.I have seen the stones live at many Stadions Clubs and Arena`s on this globe. The Stones influenced and changed my live very positivly.its music keeps me young.

Blacklimousine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-25 14:16 by pieter kentrop.

Posted by: luca ()
Date: November 25, 2010 14:13

Because I'm 47 and there are 35 years that I'm a Stones fan...!! Because I spent a fortune all around the world to see the Stones also staying in the same hotel...!! Because when Mick will publish his autobiography, I will not interested and all the others Stones fan will be free to win a signed copy.. winking smiley!! Because Keef is Keef.....!!!!

Luca from Italy

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 25, 2010 14:14

Sorry, we do not have English versions. I only bought one English book, took it to Paris, and Keith signed it for a man named Terry, in Australia. That's the only English version I've had my hands on - except for my own book.
There are only TWO books that we're going to give away. Both in Norwegian - but we guarantee that the signature is 100 % authentic. I was there when Keith signed our IORR books.

Posted by: Rockandosis ()
Date: November 25, 2010 14:17

It was love at first sight, at first listen.
When it was Voodoo Lounge I had 8 years old. I heard "You got me rocking" and "Love is Strong" and awoke my life artistically. From then on everything was different.
The humming all the time because he could not speak English, and drawing tongues on all the walls of my house.
Today I have almost 23 years, and my spirit is the same, but more passionate.
I became a musician and painter ... without Academic notion, just followed the philosophy of a rolling stone. That´s the way of my "Life".

Fabio

Posted by: ALEXSTONE ()
Date: November 25, 2010 14:42

I'm Alex from Chile

About 22 years that the stones have been the music of my life, from school, the difficult periods in the University and of course the happy and sad moments of my life (especially the death of relatives), I am currently working on a mine site and the stones are with me unconditionally ... even I have decided the themes for my wedding waltz (street of love) and the day I die (Shine A Light) ...

The stones have been and will remain an important part of my life

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 25, 2010 14:56

I want it because I don´t like what I read in German,
maybe I like the content more if it´s in Norwegian. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: November 25, 2010 15:00

Hi Bjorn and Siw,

Well, first of all I waited for the last few weeks that this thread was going to a gogo thumbs up

The reason I want to have a signed copy of Life is not for me but for my buddy GJ. Regular readers know the guy is terminal ill of ALS dissease. I asked this board a few times how, when and where I could get in touch with KR/Management to give GJ his last wish become true, a meet-and-greet with KR. This is simply not possible and with GJ's current condition, I believe I am the only guy that has a serious reason to obtain a signed copy!

Just about 100 words!

One Love
Harm

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 25, 2010 15:04

When I heard that guitar sound in the Rolling Stones, I wanted to play guitar. The minute I found bits of Paint It Black, I was hooked – I would be playing this piece of wood all my life. The shy classroom nerd became a guitar nerd… He helped me find myself. Reading Keith’s interviews, I discovered all kinds of music, building my library from scratch – I paid him back when I introduced him to traditional sega from Delicious Mauritious. Keith changed my life. And hey, this is the one guy who can make me dance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-25 15:05 by gwen.

Posted by: Sami ()
Date: November 25, 2010 15:14

I love Keith.

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: November 25, 2010 15:27

Hi everybody - here is my reason:

When the stones played in vienna i was offered to work in the stadium. After some time a guy came to me and asked me if I could help him carry something.We carried an air conditioner to Mick Jaggers dressing room.I stood around for almost 3 hours waiting for the band. At some point I was asked if I was security. I said yes. When the Band arrived they all walked in a few meters beside me. I was too afraid to ask for an autograph because I didn´t want to be thrown out

This is my chance to get Keiths autograph!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-03 21:04 by Koschi.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 25, 2010 16:36

I've had the truly great pleasure of meeting Keef in Detroit back in 86(1 of lifes highlights..)I'm a long time collector(40+years)& I would really cherish/appreciate an autographed copy of Life(read the book & now getting ready to listen to the audio version)...I'll gladly pay for shipping...

Date: November 25, 2010 16:46

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-25 16:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: November 25, 2010 17:06

In my bookshelf right above my stones dedicated Jukebox there is at the moment room for one more book. It's already filled with fine literature such as stone alone, According to The Rolling Stones and rolling with the stones.
But after years and years of reading the same books over and over, my shelf has become a little boring.

So I ask you, please help me fill up my shelf and more importantly bring som Life back to it!

-TomR

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 17:07

Sometimes I sit and think.
Sometimes I just sit.

Thank you Keith.

Date: November 25, 2010 17:33

HopeYouGuessMyName
Back in the 1960's I owned my Rolling Stones music on 45RPMs.
Back in the 1970's I owned my Rolling Stones music on LP Vinyl.
Back in the 1980's I owned my Rolling Stones music on 8-Track.
Back in the 1990's I owned my Rolling Stones music on cassettes.
Back in the 2000's I owned my Rolling Stones music on itunes.

Ah... you never got'em on CD?!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: rollinon ()
Date: November 25, 2010 18:07

Keith is the biggest inspiration in my life for over 40 years. From the days of listening to Cousin Brucie's AM radio, blasting Jumpin Jack Flash & Satisfaction, to today, Keith gives me the drive to move forward on a daily basis.

** 1st day release purchases since Sticky Fingers
** 1000 post cards in 1972 for MSG (age 12)
** 1st scalped ticket in '75 for MSG
** despair over Toronto bust news
** scalped ticket for '78 Capital Theater, hooked on stadium shows at Philly
** New Barbarians at Garden by myself!
** multiple shows & cities in '81 **14 Steel Wheels shows!
** 8 city Voodoo Lounge tour!
** Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

I LOVE Keith. He will always be a huge part of my LIFE. Rock On!

Date: November 25, 2010 19:32

Please allow me to enter this competition
I'm a man of Mick and Keith
I've been around for many a Stones show
Stole many an hour from work to queue

And I was around when the Rolling Stones
Had their moments, their ups, their downs,
Made damn sure I went to gigs
Washed my hands of drugs and cigs

Pleased to meet you
Through this time of strife
But whats puzzling you
Is will I win this book called 'Life'?!

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: November 25, 2010 21:53

Jeg tror bogen er særdeles interessant og spændende fordi den handler om Keith og hans liv og så vil jeg gerne lære norsk . smoking smiley

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: November 25, 2010 22:34

...for not being a jerk and making up stupid reasons to get that book.

Im a pretty regular guy who works, eats and stuff like that, rolling stones is the light in my life though. I follow various websites to keep myself up-to-date about my favourite band that ive been listening to för my whole life (since like 7 years of age).

I ordered a copy of this book a few weeks ago but never got my copy. I think i was ripped off.

Posted by: Barne090 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 23:55

I want the book just to tease my big brother (Frans from Holland, you've met him in London to the Ron Wood concert Björnulf). He got a signed copy from London. I can read Danish, so probably a bit Norwegian too. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: November 26, 2010 02:34

Rock´n`Roll is my religion The Rolling Stones my Gods, and Keith Richards is the Prophet & Messiahs.Why should I want his book autographed? Its the closest that I´ll be with him. I ´ve listen more to his music then to my parents advices. I buy more Stones related things than I could afford. None of my girlfriends lasted more than my relation with the Stones, When I was younger I even broke with one because she didn’t like them. I went to all their concerts in my country .He changed my life, now I want his "LIFE".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-02 19:20 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: November 26, 2010 03:05

Because I have been a member of IORR since the start 30 years ago and I got all the 62 magazines (Includeed no 19 1/2). I have a picture of Keith at my desk at work (A extra-copy of the one mailed out in IORR nr. 16) I have traveled to US and all over europe for 45 Stadium,Arena and Club-conserts with The Stones (So farsmiling smiley), I have seen Keith Richards and X-pensive Winos live in Copenhagen.....and a norwegian copy needs a GOOD norwegian home!

Per-Arne
(Still waiting for the Wintage Vinos-CD in the post!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-01 01:59 by Per-Arne.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: November 26, 2010 04:44

I never win nuttin'. So I'm due!
smiling smiley

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: November 26, 2010 07:56

Keith saved me from starving at a rock festival in Finland, I was able to trade a "Keith Richards Lives" t-shirt for a cheeseburger. The Swedish girl who wanted that slept in, beer-sweat soaked, torn piece of clothing should probably win, but since I'm not sure she's participating in this contest, perhaps I should get the book in honor of her dedication.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 26, 2010 10:08

Dear Keith,
Just as you were inspired by the blues, your music has inspired me, not only on the 6–string, but in Life. From the first time I saw you on stage (Philly, 1978), to the most recent (Paris, 2007), your band has given me some of the greatest thrills of my Life. So, now it’s time to read your words, and – because I don’t speak Norwegian – if I win the signed copy, then you are guaranteed another sale! So thank you, Keith, and Keep on Rollin!!

Posted by: Ruby Friday ()
Date: November 26, 2010 10:34

Well, I really would like a signed Keith book.
I was at the release party in Oslo, I bougth the book 1 minut past midnight, and I asked Blondie to sign my book, I suggested" You can sign on the back, since you are a back up singer !" He didn't think that was a good idea, so I got Blondies autograph on the envolope I won on the Quiz (5 price) fair enough !

My first Stones singel "Tell Me" I bought as a 4 year old kid now I'm 50 and I need a Stones autograph.

Og så skal jeg mobbe Hege Kranstad (som driver Notabene Nesodden, vi var sammen på bok lanseringen) "Se hva jeg har vunnet a !" Hun kommer til å bli så misunelig. Gi meg boka V Æ R S Å S N I L L ! !

Date: November 26, 2010 10:34

<Back in the 1990's I owned my Rolling Stones music on cassettes.>

Now that's retro! smiling smiley

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: November 26, 2010 13:15

there is the sun, the moon and keiths book named LIFE, which i hopefully will

win smiling smiley

... my son got handshaking with keith 2003, i was holding him up to keith and had therefore no hands free for handshaking myself.

now it would be fine to get something from keiths hands for me ...

Posted by: zeb ()
Date: November 26, 2010 17:55

I want to win because I am a huge fan of the God-given music that Keith Richards has given us for the past 50 years.
His way of playing, his way of living and how he has survived with all odds against him has changed me for the better. His unique way of living is something we all can learn from. Man, what I hope this guy will be with us a long time from now!
To have his autograph would be a great honor for me. I almost got it in 2007 but spoiled. So this is great new chance.

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: November 26, 2010 18:39

i really want it because i have all the others.
keith is for me the only one who se missing.
i can prove it

make my year

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home