Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
IORR competition - Win signed copies of Keith's book LIFE!
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 24, 2010 21:23

Keith Richards signed "Life"- books giveaway by IORR
Yes! It is true! Keith Richards has signed and dedicated two - 2 - copies of his very own book "Life" - (Norwegian language edition) - to IORR and it's community.
The books were signed in Paris on November 8th, in the presence of one poster here on IORR.
Wherever you live in the world, feel free to join in on the competition to be one of the two winners of these very personal issues. These are the rules:

Post the reason why you should get this signed book. No more than 100 words here in this thread. One entry per person. Please do not try to cheat the system. Then your entries will all be rejected. No hospital stories or why we should feel sorry for you please. We want genuine, great stories why you as a unique Stones fan should get a signed book. Your relation to the band and their music. Your experiences.

This competition will be open for one week. It will close on Friday December 3 at 24:00 i.e. Central European time midnight between Friday Dec 3 and 4.

Enjoy and keep the posts coming. And... please do not copy other peoples ideas or posts! The first one will be the winner if two posts are the same or too close.
Good luck to everyone!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

and Addicted (The old PR-lady)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-29 16:34 by Addicted.

Re: IORR competition - Win signed copies of Keith's book LIFE!
Posted by: Harry Hendriks ()
Date: November 24, 2010 22:37

Keith Richards wrote me: if I don't get one Norwegian copy of his book "Life " there will be NO European Tour in 2011 !!

Because I can't read this book, it will be brand new after years, because I will only open it for looking to the signing of Keith.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Best regards.

Harry Hendriks.
the Netherlands.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 24, 2010 22:40

I love The Rolling Stones, always have and always will. This obsessive affair began during the days of my first girlfriend, my first beer, and my first 8-Track tape. As "Before They Make Me Run" came blasting from the speakers, I was hooked. Countless hours of joy would come from that tape, followed by countless years of joy following this band.

Keith has been a participant in many of the great moments of my LIFE. My only regret is him introducing me to Orange Pop and Vodka. An autographed book should allow me to forgive him for that one!

Thanks.

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: November 24, 2010 22:53

Exile (limited book of Genesis édition) signed by keith himself in Paris (2002)

waiting his friend (Life)

2 books signed in the same place make more serious winking smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 24, 2010 23:05

I could show you my blade if I don't get a signed copy of the best rock'n'roll book of 2010 ! I know by heart "Before they make me run" and I'm not jokin'.

HMN

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 24, 2010 23:42

I never thought the Giants would win a World Series in my lifetime yet I have supported them undyingly for nearly 50 years. I never dreamed I'd ever get anything besides great times and great music from the Rolling Stones yet I have supported them undyingly for nearly 50 years.. Well the Giants WON the World Series this season so............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-24 23:43 by No Expectations.

Posted by: 2001 man ()
Date: November 25, 2010 00:19

Snakker du Engelsk? Mit navn. Vær så snill.
I heave a deep sigh. Wanted : Norwegian Textbook.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 00:24

100 words...I posted the whole story how I almost didn't get married because of the Stones (Keith in fact) here some time ago: [www.iorr.org]

Short version - 2006 - Keith fell from a palm-tree. The rescheduled tour dates collided with our wedding. I seriously suggested my girlfriend to postpond our wedding. She laughed and said it was me who fell from a palm-tree. We got married, postponded our honeymoon (I have a great wife) and I went to Berlin instead of Vienna. Great show it was and we still have a great marriage. I would love to have the signed book...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-03 16:14 by Happy24.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 25, 2010 00:51

I once got married and had "The Worst" as background music at the ceremony. Turned out to be true in the end, got divorced only 12 months later. Maybe that's no reason to get a book but my friends still laugh about it and what's bad about a good laugh...

Posted by: TOOTSIE ()
Date: November 25, 2010 04:31

I want to learn Norwegian and what is a better tool than "LIFE"
Cheers
Ash

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 25, 2010 04:37

30 years ago when I was 10, I was a member of the Rolling Stones fan club.
On December 18th 1981, I made a birthday cake and party for Keith because my dad assured me that KR was notified and would be coming.

I waited and waited until my dad could take no more and revealed the truth to me.

I thought it was odd that we were listening to Hampton live on KOME radio at the time and waiting for KR to leave the stage and join the party I threw for him...

anyway, this would go a long way towards healing the pain from that day...

Gregg

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 25, 2010 06:26

In Janurary my wife and I will have our first child. It's gonna be a boy, and we'll name him Jonas. I've been searching for a special present to give him on the day of his birth. I already bought some Stones t-shirts for him, but I feel it's not special enough. As he's gonna be a Stones fan like his daddy, I'd like to enter this competition to be able to give him the book for a present. And what better present to a newborn than a book called "Life", eh? Crossing my fingers. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 25, 2010 08:06

------

------

---

---

---

---

And because
this thread is now Sticky

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-26 08:47 by schillid.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 25, 2010 08:55

Keith’s made me happy even when at his worst and though I won't be shattered or take it so hard this winter if you don't send it to me, I ain't too proud to beg so before slipping away like a beast of burden, before they make me run, I'm coming down again in search of a connection because everybody needs somebody to love and it’s not just my imagination, IORR is the salt of the earth for our emotional rescue and I don’t say that to sway the judges but to offer on behalf of everyone, “we love you.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-25 18:21 by hbwriter.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 25, 2010 09:16

don't mind me :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-25 17:54 by with sssoul.

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: November 25, 2010 09:46

Because I camped outside their Copenhagen Hotel in august 2007 for 13 straight hours in order to have a glimpse of the boys. I located Keith's room and stayed underneath his window for 10 hours just to see him. I didn't, but I saw Patty and I tried to get her to get Keith - but with no luck.

Posted by: Oveinvain ()
Date: November 25, 2010 10:00

I know that you cant always get what you want
but if I try this time I might get what I need
I have no expectations
but If I don't get it, it'll be a heartbreaker
and my heart will forever bleed

/Ove

Posted by: Nanker ()
Date: November 25, 2010 10:05

Keef has been my man since I first heard The Rolling Stones in 1963.
I saw him live for the first time in Oslo in 1965,and there he was for ever.
I've already read the book in Norwegian, and it was greater than great.
Now I'll go for a signed one..............

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 25, 2010 10:28

Keith is someone other guitar players measure themselves against and then they go back to pumping gas.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: November 25, 2010 11:14

100 words to explain why I am a Stone fan ... it's an hard exercise because it concerns feelings. Stones are in the soundtrack of my life, greats moments and bad ones. No other band have a such place in this soundtrack, they are part of "my" LIFE from my early years to the end, I'm sure of that !
Thanks

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 25, 2010 11:59

In 1976 I attented my first ever Stones concert in Germany. And the final cords of Streetfighting Man and the lyrics blew me away. They blew me away in such away that I ran off from home more or less right after the concert. I found myself in Amsterdam and for a very long time in Ibiza which was the Hippie Mekka for at least Europeans at that time. Even deciding to go back home I kept the song is my theme for life. Waiting 6 years until the Stones returned and made me Tour for the rest of this life. I am still rolling.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 25, 2010 12:05

Fair comment.Just deleted.smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-25 12:18 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 25, 2010 12:11

There's only one JUDGE in this competition. The Editor. He knows what he's looking for.

All those who do not want to take part in the competition don't need to post here in this thread to say so. That will only make BVs job a lot more difficult.
So - please respect BV by not posting anything BUT your competition entry here.

And please read the rules...

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 25, 2010 12:34

...because everytime I hear their song my heart starts beating faster...everytime they play their song in some bar I start to oversing and buy everyone a drink...everytime some cover bands play their song I start to jump and scream like those teenage girls in the '60s(and I 'm almost 30 now) - everybody's looking at me like I'm a crazy men and I tell them – you wouldn't know unless you saw them live in concert. When I'm down I don't need any antidepressants, I just put their album - any album. They are my «Life», but hey -they wouldn't know..

Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 13:13

Because Keith is my LIFE!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 25, 2010 13:14

I've been a Stones fan since 1964. I've stood by this band through thick and thin.My first concert was in 1972, I haven't missed a concert since. I also love The X-Pensive Winos and have seen them in Toronto. Went to Oshawa for Keith's two gigs; I was concerned for him at that time.
I have lined up at the rehearsals just to get a glimmer from Keith and the others. But, the music is my soul. Their music has seen me through my happiest days and through my darkest hours. Thanks for the music.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: November 25, 2010 13:19

---deleted by poster ISO a better reason, probably won't make the deadline---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-25 13:53 by Child Of Clay.

Posted by: ray gay ()
Date: November 25, 2010 13:24

My Stones-buddy Dandelionpowderman has got a signed copy of the book, and therefore i need one too.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 25, 2010 13:28

Because I was kicked out of my Cabo Hotel room in order to accomodate he and his posse for his wedding, so he owes me big time.

No the story is absolutly not true, Just love the guy and can't put into words what I felt when I saw him in Milan after the tree incident.

Date: November 25, 2010 13:30

Back in the 1960's I owned my Rolling Stones music on LP Vinyl.
Back in the 1970's I owned my Rolling Stones music on 8-Track.
Back in the 1980's I owned my Rolling Stones music on Cassettes.
Back in the 1990's I owned my Rolling Stones music on CD's.
Back in the 2000's I owned my Rolling Stones music on itunes.

Before I get 'LIFE' on my new 'KINDLE,' I will need the hardcover book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-29 20:32 by HopeYouGuessMyName.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home