Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Anyone have those new vinyl boxsets?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 26, 2010 06:47

Hillside Blues
bluesinc.
mikeeder
I would like to know if Mean Disposition is on VL as well. If so I will buy it.
MD is NOT on VL

Why is it so hard to put this song on a vinyl. I don't get it.

It's a CD bonus. Not an LP bonus. So it was never meant to be part of the album. To me the word "bonus" suggests something extra. Of course the CD version is the one who most people know, so Mean Disposition is thought of as a part of the album, even though it's not.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: November 26, 2010 12:01

That's true. It's a bonus track. If in doubt, check the 15 seconds of pure silence between Thru And Thru / Mean Diposition...

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 26, 2010 17:11

just ordered it, my wife will kill me

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 26, 2010 20:15

NO

Date: November 26, 2010 20:20

Im getting it for christmas I believe grinning smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 29, 2010 06:46

bluesinc.

They have the 1971-2005 box in my local record shop. I was there with my wife 3 days ago. I looked at it and said: "Baby, can I maybe buy tha....." - "NO"!!!!! At least I didn't have to wait for an answer. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 29, 2010 10:27

JumpingKentFlash
bluesinc.

They have the 1971-2005 box in my local record shop. I was there with my wife 3 days ago. I looked at it and said: "Baby, can I maybe buy tha....." - "NO"!!!!! At least I didn't have to wait for an answer. grinning smiley

so your cards are on the table. hm, mr postman will bring it tomorrow when my wife´s at work.... so if she will kill me tomoorow evening then start a remembering thread for me.... and link it to my hp www.girmindl.at

Date: November 30, 2010 12:27

so at least, the first one arrived. first look: beautiful. I have´n´t checked the sound but will later. when I put out the LPs of the box i realised that the cardboard sleeves are not as good as the 2002/3 remasters. cardboard is not shiny and the pics aren´t bright, they are darker than the originals. the labels of the records are really beautiful, they look great. but there´s a next thing i don´t like: the inner sleeves. LIB has no replica inner just a remade one and also not paper just a cardboard like TTPD. also i´m missing the inner of TSMR and 60s replicas of then usual inner bags. It wasn´t that expensive, 150 Euros (bought it from amazon.de) si it´s ok for 12 LPs and two Eps with a box. but it could have been better, much better. so one the one hand it´s a great thing, especially round christmas, on the other hand it could have been better (but i think that´s always an opportunity)

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: November 30, 2010 13:37

I bought the first box for 144 euro at Fame in Amsterdam. Not that expensive and I didnot have most of the records on vinyl.
Extra: you can download all songs as MP3 for on your Ipod...

Date: November 30, 2010 16:01

also they changed the tracklist on the backside of the LIB cover, could have put in the poster

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 30, 2010 17:32

There's a bit of silence at the end of Thru And Thru? HA HA!

Now why do I not know that?

Date: December 3, 2010 12:09

they put mean disposition on Voodoo Lounge, hm

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 3, 2010 12:36

JumpingKentFlash
bluesinc.

So she´s got you by the balls already, Kent! Welcome to
the "victims of marriage"- club! drinking smiley

Date: December 3, 2010 16:20

the second box arrived today. my first thoughts: not THAT great repros. some have the original inner sleeves some not (who decided and why?) Dirty work without the pink wrap around is half the fun! Undercover has the lyric sheet, Tatoo you don´t etc. the sound thogh is quite good. sticky has no zipper, would have been not that difficult, there are so many zipper versions out but if the cannot make the inners right, so maybe it´s better there is no zipper. on voodoolounge now with mean disposition, the running times of the songs is different than on the original lps, more later

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: December 4, 2010 06:47

Interesting about Mean Disposition, it kinda shows they don't care about the originals.

How do the labels look like? For example, Voodoo Lounge originally had just plain Virgin labels, they must look quite different now? And Dirty Work had those crazy picture labels.

Date: December 4, 2010 11:16

Hillside Blues
Interesting about Mean Disposition, it kinda shows they don't care about the originals.

How do the labels look like? For example, Voodoo Lounge originally had just plain Virgin labels, they must look quite different now? And Dirty Work had those crazy picture labels.

yes, VL has new labels, like the cd. the lp had just the virgin labels.it´s poorly made this box. i think you can see it better in the second box because there were many inserts & printed inner sleeves. on the one hand, they could have made an extraordinary item, on the other they made, not rubbish, but a little bit poor....
A question, some lps has a copyright for 1992 & 1993, did they renew something then?

Date: December 4, 2010 13:50

bluesinc.
A question, some lps has a copyright for 1992 & 1993, did they renew something then?

I think the Sony contract ended back then. They signed Virgin in 93' or '94.

About the quality of the box, they did exactly what I expected. According to your descriptions they made the LP's with the recent CD's releases in mind. Not the originals. That being said, if the CD's had any inserts, the new records probably have the same ones. If some inserts were missing from the CD's, they are most likely also missing in the LP's. I think the new Voodoo labels you describe prove my point.

Date: December 4, 2010 15:56

Hillside Blues
bluesinc.

About the quality of the box, they did exactly what I expected. According to your descriptions they made the LP's with the recent CD's releases in mind. Not the originals. That being said, if the CD's had any inserts, the new records probably have the same ones. If some inserts were missing from the CD's, they are most likely also missing in the LP's. I think the new Voodoo labels you describe prove my point.

so the sets are great if you don´t know something about the originals

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 4, 2010 17:02

bluesinc.
Hillside Blues
bluesinc.

only if you're talking about the packaging. I would care more about the sound, which according to Fremer is outstanding for box 1 and very good for box 2.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 4, 2010 17:05

Can anybody tell me if the vinyl quaility of "A Bigger Bang" is any better than the horrid thin and badly manufactured 2005 issue?

Date: December 4, 2010 17:08

cc
bluesinc.
Hillside Blues
bluesinc.

only if you're talking about the packaging. I would care more about the sound, which according to Fremer is outstanding for box 1 and very good for box 2.

true, yes. it is.

Date: December 4, 2010 18:00

vudicus
Can anybody tell me if the vinyl quaility of "A Bigger Bang" is any better than the horrid thin and badly manufactured 2005 issue?

Thin? My 2005 version of Bigger Bang is an extremely good pressing. Dead quiet and very thick vinyl, somewhere between 180-200 gr.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-04 18:01 by Hillside Blues.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 4, 2010 21:52

Hillside Blues
vudicus

Thin? My 2005 version of Bigger Bang is an extremely good pressing. Dead quiet and very thick vinyl, somewhere between 180-200 gr.

How strange. When it was released here in the UK, I looked at several copies trying to find one that wasnt warped or that didnt have any surface marks. I actually worked for a music retailer and was able to check every copy we had in the store on the day of release and at another one of our local branches a few days later.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:55

Did anyone use the MP3 download vouchers ?
How good or bad are the MP3's ? (bitrate etc...)

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: December 7, 2010 17:07

Doc
Did anyone use the MP3 download vouchers ?
How good or bad are the MP3's ? (bitrate etc...)

320 kpbs
48 KHZ
16 bit

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 8, 2010 10:41

Thanks for the info, bluesinc.

That seems to be pretty good.
I have always been too lazy to rip ALL the albums, now I'll have the 64-69 stuff done as soon as I get my X-mas gift ;o)

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: vicdrow ()
Date: December 18, 2010 02:28

bluesinc.
the second box arrived today. my first thoughts: not THAT great repros. some have the original inner sleeves some not (who decided and why?) Dirty work without the pink wrap around is half the fun! Undercover has the lyric sheet, Tatoo you don´t etc. the sound thogh is quite good. sticky has no zipper, would have been not that difficult, there are so many zipper versions out but if the cannot make the inners right, so maybe it´s better there is no zipper. on voodoolounge now with mean disposition, the running times of the songs is different than on the original lps, more later

Care to make a follow-up? Thanks.

vic

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 18, 2010 02:43

Monkeytonkman
Been a stones fan for 21 years, got into 'em when I was 20 and am now 36 over those years I've collected their LP's on vinyl

Monkeytonkman: "got into 'em at 20" + "stones fan for 21 years" = now "36" (yrs old) Doesn't add up son. winking smiley

So...you either became a Stones fan at age 15 (not 20)....or you are currently 41 (& not 36). ???

Or none of the above.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-18 02:45 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: December 18, 2010 06:39

Hillside Blues
vudicus

Mine at least 180 gram slab. Well done.

Posted by: mattty973 ()
Date: December 18, 2010 08:41

For someone who knows little of vinyl... , how are these made? Are they produced from the original analogue tracks or just pressed from the cd data? Does it have a richer sound than cd/mp3?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home