Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Uploading to Youtube - Help
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 24, 2012 04:32

I know this has been discussed before. But a suggestion from another thread brought this on.

I am working with a MAC and want to upload some of my music (currently in iTunes) to youtube with a slide show I create from photos on my computer. Youtube says to use iMovie, but I cannot figure out how to merge the audio with the slide show (yes I am following the instructions step by step but it assumes the audio is already attached).

I know this is said to be real easy, but not for a technically challenged person like me. any help would be appreciated.

Re: OT: Uploading to Youtube - Help
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 24, 2012 23:55

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 25, 2012 00:05

Good luck BluzDude. It isn't that hard. I'm sure the above tutorial is right on. I use Windows Movie Maker. Most programs are similar in the way they work. The key is just switching from Storyboard mode to Timeline mode with my program.

In Storyboard mode you just drag the photos into the squares then in timeline mode you stretch them to the appropriate width (time). After a movie file is made my program require one more step to "Create Video File" from the movie file. This basically makes a ".wmv" (Windows Media Video) file which can easily be uploaded to youtube. The whole process takes about 15 minutes if your slideshow photos are readily accessible. Ok have fun! peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 25, 2012 00:46

As for the audio, you need to import the audio file first, it's under the tab that says "capture video." Once you do that, you can drag the audio to the audio/music track. I would do this first and then you can cut your photos to fit the music.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:04

One more thing - you do need to work in the timeline mode, you won't see what you need in storyboard.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 25, 2012 07:23

Thanks all, maybe next weekend I will have time to work on this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home