Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones Cover Band - Blushing Brides
Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: November 14, 2010 15:51

I’ve seen this band many times from the 80’s to fairly recently. Possibly the best Rolling Stones cover band in the world. If ya get a chance to see them don’t miss the show!! They also play their own music. Great Rock’n’Roll

“As the auditorium lights fade to black and the house music is silenced, a palpable sense of eagerness and excitement is evident in the audience! A unique assortment of inquisitive stares and inaudible murmurs are routinely the norm. An astounding event is about to take place that will not soon be forgotten! Maurice Raymond and the renowned Blushing Brides have taken the stage. Blinding lights and fever pitch sounds burst upon the crowd with ear-splitting hysteria. The sudden impact of the graceful and high intensity stage presence of the frontman Raymond, instantly mesmerizes the entire assembly. That swagger, the pout, the vibrancy…it seems all too familiar! As the charismatic Raymond struts and prances towards the centre stage microphone, he pauses to taunt the audience in the same unpredictable mannerisms as his predecessor…..”

…..See their website for rest of review…..

[www.theblushingbrides.com]

Here’s several samples:

And one of their own:

Enjoy. Cheers,

Dave,
Rothesay, New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Rolling Stones Cover Band - Blushing Brides
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 14, 2010 17:33

I use to see this band at a few bars around Buffalo. Yeah people would get out of hand at these shows. They kicked ass. The Blushing brides were playing the "deep" cuts from the catalogue long before the really Stones were. It was nice the here songs from the "golden era" done well when The Stones were busy playing all the other stuff. I really don't care for cover bands but at the time it was a good thing. We got the hear Monkey Man and Can't You Hear me Knocking live. Again it wasn't The Stones but it was fun.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 14, 2010 18:43

I'm from England and saw this band the night before or after the Stones gigs at MSG in New York.Must have been January 2003.Great little place with about3-400 people there and they played from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. with a 20 minute break about midnight.They played all the hits as well as Sway ,CYHMK,Bitch,All Down the Line,Happy,No Expectations and so many more.About 8 of us from U.K. were there including Tony Dunne (Alan and Arnolds brother)and we all thought they were great.Made the trip even better when we look back on those times. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 14, 2010 21:53

The best ever Rolling Stones cover-band I have heard is "Rocks Off" from Sweden. The singer won a "Mick Jagger look/sing-alike contest" before the European premiere of the 1995 Stones-tour in Stockholm. Here is <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>a sample:

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 14, 2010 22:00

to me, nothing makes one appreciate how inhumanly, impossibly unique the Stones are than to look at people trying to be them -

Date: November 14, 2010 22:16

I know, hbwriter. But they (cover bands) can be more or less good. Or pathetic if you prefer that. Can someone help me with this: When I copy a video on youtube and pastes it it turns out double. Why?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 15, 2010 00:07

eiher one is fine - try posting the link - not the embed code

Date: November 15, 2010 00:12

OK. Thanks!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 15, 2010 00:22

Ive only heard a few bands copy the Rolling Stones in a decent way.
Mostly a few songs, and never Taylor era.
This band doesn't come close imo,but they have fun,and that's what counts.thumbs up
Apart from the joy they all have, you're always second best....

Date: November 15, 2010 00:26

Which band. The Blushing Brides or Rocks Off? Or both?

Date: November 15, 2010 00:28

Hey Dave. I'm from Rothesay too. I remember seeing the Blushing Brides, likely in the early 1980s at SJHS. They opened with Gimme Shelter. I thought they did a pretty good job of it all.

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: November 15, 2010 01:14

Saw them once. All I remember is thinking it was like watching an Elvis impersonator. I left after one set, thinking that it might be okay to catch an Elvis impersonator, because the real Elvis is dead, but I did not need to watch Stones impersonators when I had seen the real thing many times and they (Stones) were still a working band.

Impersonators are not quite the same as a "cover band" and while I love to hear bands cover the Stones, watching one trying to impersonate them was a turn off for me.

Date: November 15, 2010 09:33

The Blushing Brides or our own Rollin' Stoned back in England are great entertainment on a night out.Listening to your favourite music by a highly entertaining band is great fun.Will be seeing Rollin' Stoned at Sutton in their Christmas gig on Boxing day or soon after. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 10:08

I shouldn't be able to tell within ten seconds that the singer is American.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 15, 2010 10:16

crawdaddy
I'm from England and saw this band the night before or after the Stones gigs at MSG in New York.Must have been January 2003.Great little place with about3-400 people there and they played from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. with a 20 minute break about midnight.They played all the hits as well as Sway ,CYHMK,Bitch,All Down the Line,Happy,No Expectations and so many more.About 8 of us from U.K. were there including Tony Dunne (Alan and Arnolds brother)and we all thought they were great.Made the trip even better when we look back on those times. >grinning smiley<

It was jan, 2003 - the night before the great MSG gig that was broadcast live in the US and ended up on 4 Flicks. The BB was a great warm-up to the main attraction the next night. I remember how cold it was outside that night in Manhattan, but it was hot in the club!

Date: November 15, 2010 10:33

You were there that night!!! We went to the first Stones gig at MSG and the snow was coming down after the show.We ended up at Mustang Sallys (I think that was the name) just down the road till about 4a.m. The Blushing Brides were playing one night in between the 2 shows at MSG.All coming back to me now.We all had a great time in NY and met some great american Stones fans as well as a few Brits and IORR posters from all over the world.Great memorys !!!smoking smileysmileys with beersmoking smiley

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 15, 2010 11:51

At the beginning ot the 80's. There was 2 songs of the Blushing Brides circulating as rolling stones outtakes (quickly seen as faked), What you're talking about was the first one and Foreign... (I can't remember the exact name of this tune) the second. I gave up a tape to Ronnie of these 2 songs during the dirty works sessions in paris. In fact, these 2 songs are officially on a 12" vinyl. I bought at this time the record and the songs are really good. Good stones approach.

Date: November 15, 2010 16:18

Richard from Canada
Hey Dave. I'm from Rothesay too. I remember seeing the Blushing Brides, likely in the early 1980s at SJHS. They opened with Gimme Shelter. I thought they did a pretty good job of it all.

Hi Richard. Neat to see someone else from Rothesay here. The first time I saw the Brides was 1981 or 82 at St. Peter's Ball Park in Saint John. Hot day. They opened for Doug & The Slugs and blew away the headliner. Subsequently saw them in places such as The Mediterranean on Rothesay Ave., (Now the Blue Olive), some long extinct bar in Market Square and what was once the Urban Corral on Union Street in Saint John. The club shows were all 4 hours long with maybe a 30 minute break. Good energetic band and the 300-400 people seemed to have a great time. Sure was a long time before Maritime Canada was even close to being on the Rolling Stones' radar! I'd go see the Brides again given the chance.

Dave,

Date: November 15, 2010 16:26

Title5Take1

The singer's name is Maurice Raymond. He is Canadian...not...American. Biggest difference is that people from other countries actually like Canadians. moody smiley

Dave

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 19:27

gostonesforever
Title5Take1

The singer's name is Maurice Raymond. He is Canadian...not...American. Biggest difference is that people from other countries actually like Canadians. moody smiley

Dave

My argument holds since the accents are the same other than abooot and "eh." Paul McCartney said in the Beatles early days they dealt with an MC type in Liverpool and he said, "We liked him a lot because he was Canadian, which to us was the same as him being American, and we loved Americans."

Date: November 15, 2010 19:39

Stoneage
Which band. The Blushing Brides or Rocks Off? Or both?

Neither.
I'am not going to promote Stones cover bands that are good (imo) on this site.
Iorr.org is about the real thing.winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-15 20:13 by Amsterdamned.

Date: November 15, 2010 20:43

Check out Mathijs' old band, Flip The Switch. They managed to get some of the Stones vibe, imo.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 15, 2010 20:46

crawdaddy
You were there that night!!! We went to the first Stones gig at MSG and the snow was coming down after the show.We ended up at Mustang Sallys (I think that was the name) just down the road till about 4a.m. The Blushing Brides were playing one night in between the 2 shows at MSG.All coming back to me now.We all had a great time in NY and met some great american Stones fans as well as a few Brits and IORR posters from all over the world.Great memorys !!!smoking smileysmileys with beersmoking smiley

I was at that show too... it was at tribeca blues right?

OLDKR

Date: November 15, 2010 21:02

You are right!!! I was trying to think of the venue.CBGB's was still in NY at the time and my nephew went to see a band there the same night instead of Blushing Brides.I can remember everything about the place apart from the name!!! >grinning smiley<

Date: November 15, 2010 21:07

DandelionPowderman
Check out Mathijs' old band, Flip The Switch. They managed to get some of the Stones vibe, imo.

Agreed.I've only heard one BJ era song though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-15 21:09 by Amsterdamned.

Date: December 9, 2012 22:27

yeah I've seen the Brides a pile of times around Ontario, and once in Boston. a buddy of mine hired them a few times for concerts in the last few years to raise money for charity etc. explosive performers and gerat versions of stones tracks; these guys can play anything, from down home girl or little by little to back of my hand, they do it.

here's a funny clip from a fundraiser show, maurice gets the chicks in the front to show their boobs during 'bitch' from about 1.55 to 2.05

hahaha

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: December 9, 2012 22:37

If those cats don't stop it, I'm splittin'.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 9, 2012 23:04

I saw a band called The Glimmer Twins a few years back. I thought they did a nice job capturing the Taylor era Stones sound.

Date: December 10, 2012 00:31

<object><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="[www.facebook.com] src="[www.facebook.com]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1"></embed></object>

This was my Stones band back in 92 I think it was, Iam the guy with the L 6 Gibson which I lost due to it being flung out of my car. Quality is crap, this is back in the days of video cams. WI hit a bad note in the solo due to some trembly fingers from the days stimulant experimentation.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 02:58 by TheBostonStrangler.

Date: December 10, 2012 03:07

Check out Hollywood Stones, I like that they put some humor into it, their jagger is really good.

Here is another videoof my juvenile crew back in the early 90s, ohh the good old days.Just click on the blue link that says facebook, I have no idea how to properly put it in, Iam no space age whiz kid.

<object><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="[www.facebook.com] src="[www.facebook.com]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1"></embed></object>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 03:08 by TheBostonStrangler.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home