Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Keith: Stones tour 2011 start in june!!
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:04

Frankfurter rundschau 11/14!! great interview

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Re: Keith: Stones tour 2011 start in june!!
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:23

So who is bullshitting: Keith or the official spokesman?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:48

if this is true - I'm sure tickets will go on sale before Christmas…

vomiting during a concert? Is this a kind of over-identifiaction with the audience?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:48

OFFICIAL announcement please ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 14, 2010 10:52

paulywaul
OFFICIAL announcement please ....

Didn't the official spokesman say..?

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:01

And? What do we get then? Another stadium Best of tour with a glitzy Las Vegas show and two guitar players who are embarrassing to watch and to listen to for ridiculous ticket prices. Ehm...no, thank you!

Date: November 14, 2010 11:02

Bimmelzerbott
And? What do we get then? Another stadium Best of tour with a glitzy Las Vegas show and two guitar players who are embarrassing to watch and to listen to for ridiculous ticket prices. Ehm...no, thank you!
Well, I guess you missed Ronnie's gigs

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:03

Bimmelzerbott

That's pretty much it.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:05

could you the interview please????????
jeroen

Date: November 14, 2010 11:08

Bimmelzerbott

Well why don't you become their manager and the tour promoter all in one, then you can fire the existing guitarists and replace them with ones you find more agreeable, determine the venues, and set the ticket prices. Until then, stay home and watch X-Factor ... maybe that's more to your liking ?

Date: November 14, 2010 11:11

stones78
Bimmelzerbott

That's pretty much it.

Jeez, another X-Factor fan !!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:14

paulywaul
Bimmelzerbott

Well why don't you become their manager and the tour promoter ... blah blah blah

I have better things to do. Thanks for your thoughts and input anyway. Next.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:14

Harm
So who is bullshitting: Keith or the official spokesman?

Now, that is a tough one...

- Doxa

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:15

If they were to play smaller venues I'd be interested, but it's pretty much a fact they won't, so I ain't gonna attend no more Stones shows.
They were fairly good in 2007, but honestly I'm kinda scared of what they might sound like live in 2011/12.

I bet Markus Larsson at Aftonbladet is getting ready for round number 3 with Mr Richards....

Date: November 14, 2010 11:17

The daydreamer again

Date: November 14, 2010 11:30

Bimmelzerbott
paulywaul
Bimmelzerbott

Well why don't you become their manager and the tour promoter ... blah blah blah

I have better things to do. Thanks for your thoughts and input anyway. Next.

<<< Thanks for your thoughts and input anyway >>>

A pleasure. Anytime

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:43

What's X-Factor?

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:45

paulywaul
stones78
Bimmelzerbott

That's pretty much it.

Jeez, another X-Factor fan !!

I know, Paulywaul. They're like flies round a turd at the sniff of a tour announcement.

It's really easy. If you don't want to go, don't bloody go!

I hate football, but I don't go posting moans on football sites at the start of every season, for f*ck's sake!

Date: November 14, 2010 11:51

The Stones
If they were to play smaller venues I'd be interested, but it's pretty much a fact they won't, so I ain't gonna attend no more Stones shows.
They were fairly good in 2007, but honestly I'm kinda scared of what they might sound like live in 2011/12.

I bet Markus Larsson at Aftonbladet is getting ready for round number 3 with Mr Richards....

<<< but honestly I'm kinda scared of what they might sound like live in 2011/12 >>>

I know what you mean. I'd describe myself as perhaps not so much "scared" as "apprehensive" - shall we say ? But on the other hand I think that as critics, they're actually quite harsh on themselves, meaning that I don't think they'll even consider stepping out (in whatever form) unless first and foremostly they can satisfy themselves that they look good and sound good. Even allowing for different criteria that's used for judging that, namely theirs and ours, I'm reasonably assured that they we won't see them out there if it's all too obvious that they really are past it and it's "one tour too much". I do have faith in their judgement in that respect.

As for what form they might emerge in. If the economics are such that it ends up being stadiums, well so be it. Personally, I like to be as close to the artist(s) as possible, so if it HAS to be a stadium and the capacity is say 80,000, then I'll just try and ensure that most if not all of the 79,999 others are behind me !! I guess small venues or clubs is a fantasy, but perhaps arena sized venues might be the compromise ? Anyway, it's all nothing but conjecture at this time. At the moment I'm happy to merely "hope" that wherever/whenever it turns out to be, I might once more see/hear 'em live, and so for the time being I'll stay tuned for that OFFICIAL announcement.

See what happens ....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:58

paulywaul
At the moment I'm happy to merely "hope" that wherever/whenever it turns out to be, I might once more see/hear 'em live

... and if possible twice

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 12:03

Offical information, please. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 14, 2010 12:12

The Stones

I think Mr Larsson has currently got his little old tail between his legs, all that fuss about what really turned out to be nothing. Ridiculous. The newspaper had its ten minutes in the spotlight, the story is already pretty much history, and in a matter of days it will be as good as entirely forgotten. And I really cannot imagine that the paper would from hereon even "trust" Larsson with another Rolling Stones review to be honest, I think he is "damaged goods" as the saying goes. This little stunt has somewhat backfired on both him individually AND the paper, I think they've both "shot their bolt" somewhat, don't think there would be a "Round Three" ...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 14, 2010 14:14

Bimmelzerbott

Yada yada zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 14, 2010 15:02

I have a feeling the tour will kick off at Glastonbury Festival...after all Michael Eavis has already announced that he has booked the 3 biggest acts in the world...we already know one of them is U2 so the Stones has to be one of the other two...Glkastonbury takes place the last weekend in June!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 14, 2010 15:14

There will be no official information until the album is done and the venues are booked. The official information will be done at a press conference, eventually. Until then, Keith is in his full right to hint these things, unofficially.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 14, 2010 15:46

crumbling_mice
I have a feeling the tour will kick off at Glastonbury Festival...after all Michael Eavis has already announced that he has booked the 3 biggest acts in the world...we already know one of them is U2 so the Stones has to be one of the other two...Glkastonbury takes place the last weekend in June!

Kick off with their first appearance in four years in front of an audience of 130,000 and tens of millions watching live on TV?

Not a prayer. No way are they going to expose themselves at the start of a tour like that.

There's no chance a record will be finished and released as early as June. Even if they started recording it tomorrow. And they wont tour unless there's a new 'product' of some description. It'll be August/September in North America, with no official announcement until the spring. As usual.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 14, 2010 15:52

I'm waiting for an official announcement too. Anyway, here's the link to the interview: [www.fr-online.de]

Date: November 14, 2010 16:21

Bimmelzerbott
I have better things to do. (...) Next.

...Then please GO and attend to them.
Next!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 14, 2010 16:59

So where's the link to the interview, is it under the boardwalk---down by the sea?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 14, 2010 17:12

Koen
So where's the link to the interview, is it under the boardwalk---down by the sea?

LOL!!!

That under the boardwalk---down by the sea fella never provides proper links to his statements.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home