Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 18
Re: Keith kicks out Swedish journalist Markus Larsson
Date: November 10, 2010 20:56

the level of fanaticism on this board is absolutely mind-blowing! the greek, you have so much anger because of what someone said about keith? no offense, but that's not healthy. i would hate to see your reaction if this journalist wrote something bad about a member of your family.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 10, 2010 20:56

I CAN Conjecture that he is extremely pissed off because in August 2007 is when Patti found out she had a bad stage of bladder cancer,,,
From Peoplemagazine:
"
In August 2007, after finishing the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang tour [SIC: the tour didn't finish til after August], Hansen who had been spotting for months, urinated blood. Shortly thereafter, she was diagnosed with Stage II bladder cancer. "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-10 20:59 by tumbled.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:07

I sense sarcasm in The Greek's posts. At least I hope it's there!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:10

WMiller
quite the contrary my friend it's a good thing for me that i am on this side (us)of the pond and will not be in europe any time soon

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:10

anyway::: cant you read my message???????????????
jeroen

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:13

this just hit's me so hard.every thing that keith has been through with his injury , his wife's cancer and then to take s@#$ like this from some hack of a writer .

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:17

CousinC
Just great!lol
There's still a bit of Keith in him!
I just wished he really smacked him . .

yep, I too like to see Keith come around...and fire off.
I think those Wingless Angels( just listen to Oh What A Joy) in Jamaica may be too good at making one too mellow, not to mention all treats he samples.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:20

Dunno why there has been loads of moaners on this thread.Seen posts by people who I normally only see when they throw in a negative comment or insult a fellow poster.Why ????????????? Try and be friendly and positive about the Stones if possible.You know it makes sense.If you don't like the Stones or fellow posters..........................just go away. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:20

mickijaggeroo
I was at the meet and greet. Neither Keith or Ronnie were drunk, maybe they had one or two, but not drunk. Period.

Thank you. CASE CLOSED.

So can we now hang, draw, and quarter Markus Larsson, put his head on a spike in a place of our choosing ....... and move on ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:22

Yeah Move on with this topic and save money for the upcoming tour!!!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:30

What this clearly shows is how much of an @#$%& Keith has become,he wants to beat up a reporter because he didn't like or agree with the guy's opinion of one show.
l guess if he was ever to see what some of us think of him on this board,he would have us shot,Very inmature, yet some people here try to find an excuse for his boorish behavior. Oh well, its only rock and roll.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:36

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee."

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:37

Doxa
Funny how still some people still try justify violent, stupid behavior. What a polide child, a primadonna Keith is.

- Doxa

Look, anybody that signs his posts like it's some kind of memoir has no room to talk about being a primadonna. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:48

Markus should have thought twice before interviewing KR. At least we know his memory isn't shot after all.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:51

ROPENI
What this clearly shows is how much of an @#$%& Keith has become,he wants to beat up a reporter because he didn't like or agree with the guy's opinion of one show.
l guess if he was ever to see what some of us think of him on this board,he would have us shot,Very inmature, yet some people here try to find an excuse for his boorish behavior. Oh well, its only rock and roll.
One small tiny detail you have overlooked. We don't know this to be FACT! We have this so called journalist's account. Was their anybody else in the room. Any response from Keith's or the Rolling Stones spokesman? At the very least,incredibly poor judgement from the Swedish newspaper to send the same guy who wrote a rather controversial review of the Keith and then couldn't wait to bring it up again. Clearly they were looking for a response from Keith that they could exploit.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 10, 2010 22:01

Addicted
guitarbastard
Addicted
guitarbastard
kids stuff...
and yes addicted, we know you're very very close to the stones, but why do you have to underline that in every post? it's a bit silly for a grown up man.
Christ...
It is very relevant here that I was present on both occations. I'm responsible for press, PR and event for Keith's book release in Norway and that's never been a secret. As far as I know, I was the only person present on both occations. With the exception of Keith's staff, but it's very unlikely they'll join the discussion here, so I felt it would only be fair I came forward and told about the background for Keith's anger. Since he's obviously under attack and can't defend himself here.
I could have kept quiet, of course, but I know a few people on the board who would like to know the background for this incident.
If you don't like it - fine by me. I really don't care about your opinion.
And for your information - I'm a woman. Not that it matters - but it's a fact.

live and let live addicted! i dont know you and therefore i can only judge you on what you write here. but since you call yourself "tougher than most", you seem to be pretty thin skinned when it comes to critics...
there's just often this boast in your posts that annoys me. you always have to point out who wou are (a well decorated journalist and blabla...)
you could present your insider infos (if you really have them) and knowledge with more coolness. thats all i ever criticized...
you're not that important, neither am i...
peace!
I don't care about your opinion at all. But that doesn't make me thin skinned. There's no logic in that. I never claimed I am/was important, but I was there. I saw what happened, I saw Keith sober as a priest. We talked.
Anyway, had the critisizm come from a person on this board for whom I have respect, things would have been different. But I don't take you seriously. I don't hate you or anything, I just don't respect you. That's all I have to say to you, really.

allright tough girl hahaa...would love to know how i could become a respected person in your world though! ;-) doesnt matter. mainly i was talkin about your "tone" you sometimes have. it just feels as if you'd take yourself a bit too serious and as if humour is not your main weapon....move on, all the best,
guitarbastard...

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: November 10, 2010 22:05

The Greek
WMiller
quite the contrary my friend it's a good thing for me that i am on this side (us)of the pond and will not be in europe any time soon

This place has sure gone crazy!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 10, 2010 22:12

sweetcharmedlife
ROPENI
One small tiny detail you have overlooked. We don't know this to be FACT! We have this so called journalist's account. Was their anybody else in the room. Any response from Keith's or the Rolling Stones spokesman? At the very least,incredibly poor judgement from the Swedish newspaper to send the same guy who wrote a rather controversial review of the Keith and then couldn't wait to bring it up again. Clearly they were looking for a response from Keith that they could exploit.

Well "sweetcharmedlife" Keith mouthpiece in the board has not denied that it happened as the guy says,my point is very simple for Keith to react in such way over a review of a show 4 years old,is crazy,it just shows imo what a pathetic person he has become in his old age,even some of the people here that were at that show agree that on that particular night Keith was out of it,and yes BV and the mouthpiece claim it was cause of his medication,it may had been,still he played bad and the guy said so in his review,Big deal, is not like Keith on his late years has always played great on every show.
l think maybe he was angry cause the journalist mentioned that Mick was great and Keith not so good.
Still, his actions imo very inmature..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-10 22:13 by ROPENI.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 10, 2010 22:18

I repeat my opinion that if any reason at all Keith was not drunk but perhaps was quite upset about recent health concerns of his significant other at the time.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 10, 2010 22:23

Keith is my hero, but honestly he wasn't on fire in Gothenburg in 2007.
A rock star shouldn't bitch about a lousy review and definitely NOT threaten journalists. End of story.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: November 10, 2010 22:30

The Stones
Keith is my hero, but honestly he wasn't on fire in Gothenburg in 2007.
A rock star shouldn't bitch about a lousy review and definitely NOT threaten journalists. End of story.

Couldn´t agree more. Incredibly childish behaviour from mr. Richards.

Date: November 10, 2010 22:32

From what I´ve heard Keith never hit Larsson, only pushed him aside to be able to exit the room. Primadonna? Nope.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: November 11, 2010 00:01

But it's not the tabloid who has bad judgment in sending that particular writer to interview Keith, it's not the publishing house's fault that the magazine sent that controversial guy....KEITH'S MANAGEMENT who should have figured out who the writer was, well in advance of the interview, and realized that he was the same guy who panned the '07 show and wrote allegedly slanderous stuff blah blah blah, and KEITH'S PERSONAL MANAGEMENT simply should have NOT LET THE INTERVIEW HAPPEN, they should have insisted on the magazine sending someone ELSE to do it, otherwise, no story!! If it's that guy, you can scratch that interview off the list! That's VERY poor management in the Keith camp, more than anything else. My opinion of course, but a manager is supposed to know WHO IS DOING THE INTERVIEW before agreeing to a one-on-one sitdown, alone like that. You don't just let the client sit down with just anybody. Terrible planning.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 11, 2010 00:44

Maybe the interview went like this smiling smiley

Before anyone takes this too serious ... it is from a Dutch comedy show

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 11, 2010 01:12

Keith had every right to be pissed. What were aftonbladet playing at by sending the same journalist to interview him from whom he'd demanded an apology 3 years earlier?

It was quite obvious that they were trying to set up some kind of confrontation that would give them a story. Sounds like they got it.And from what I've been led to believe, the story that Keith 'hit' the guy is a serious exaggeration (no surprise there)

I doubt Keith will lose any sleep over it. Nor should he. Larsson, meanwhile, gets to shit his pants and might think twice about abusing his position and spewing bile and lies about someone in future.

Result.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 11, 2010 01:13

Ik vond het niet zo leuk .......had beter gekund

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: November 11, 2010 01:18

This is just standard tabloid nonsense. Like an attention seeking child, they annoy someone until they provoke a reaction. Ah well, at least Keith gave them something to fill their piece of shit newspapers with.

If Keith really did attack him I think this would have been a much bugger deal and he wouldve sued but he hasn't mentioned that so that leads me to believe it's all exaggeration.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 11, 2010 01:40

"....a spokesperson for Richards says that the allegations against the singer were false. "At the conclusion of the 20 minute interview Keith Richards jokingly tapped the journalist on the head after his questions got a bit silly," Richards' spokesperson tells Rolling Stone. "From the people in the room during the interview they would suggest that the writer has allowed his imagination to get the better of him."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 11, 2010 01:41

Markus Larsson, like almost all swedish pop-journalists these days, likes swedish indie-pop. He adores artists like Håkan Hellström (kind of a swedish Morrissey epigon) and Kent (Depeche Mode epigons). Artists like the Rolling Stones are seen as yesterdays news and not "hipp" anymore. To take your shots at them kind of elevates you in his circles.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 11, 2010 01:43

Beast
"....a spokesperson for Richards says that the allegations against the singer were false. "At the conclusion of the 20 minute interview Keith Richards jokingly tapped the journalist on the head after his questions got a bit silly," Richards' spokesperson tells Rolling Stone. "From the people in the room during the interview they would suggest that the writer has allowed his imagination to get the better of him."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Keith shoulda 'showed him the blade'.........

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home