Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mad Men Season 5, episode 3
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 28, 2012 16:55

I'm not sure it has been posted. This episode is much about Don Draper trying to meet the Stones backstage on July 6 1966 before their show at Oncenter War Memorial Arena , and convince them to record a commercial for Heinz. And everybody sings Time is on my Side, or a song like that.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Betty has gained weight over the past few months, causing her self-worth to drop and her sex life with Henry to flatline. This prompts an intervention of sorts from Henry's mother, Pauline, who suggests diet pills. When Betty goes to the doctor's office in an attempt to attain diet pills, the doctor refuses. After a routine examination, he finds a possibly cancerous lump in Betty's throat. Betty returns home in a hysteric fever. She calls Don, who reassures her. Betty begins to confront the legacy of her life and the effect her death would have on her loved ones. Several days later, the doctor calls back to tell her the tumor is benign. Henry holds a despondent Betty in his arms. She ponders her life as simply a sad, fat housewife.
The Heinz executive speaks with Don about his daughters' obsession with The Rolling Stones, and floats an idea about getting The Rolling Stones to do a commercial for Heinz. Don agrees, though he is unimpressed with the idea. Harry and Don make a Saturday Night trip to a Rolling Stones concert to meet with Stones manager Allen Klein. They end up making conversation backstage with two pot-smoking female fans. When Harry leaves with one of the girls to talk with Klein, Don waxes poetic with one over her love for the band. She makes an insulting comment about the older generation. Don responds that the older generation is simply worried for youth. Harry fails miserably at his attempt to meet with The Rolling Stones, but Don is indifferent.
Pete is in talks with Mohawk Airlines for their return to the agency. The arrangement calls for Roger to handle the day-to-day business. Roger puts Peggy in charge of hiring a new male copywriter for Mohawk. Stan advises her to hire a mediocre employee to make her competition lighter. Peggy, however, chooses to interview a talented young Jewish man named Michael Ginsberg whose work impresses her. When Peggy interviews Michael, he is over-the-top in his disposition. However, Roger forces her to bring Michael to Don. During his interview with Don, Michael is more upstanding and professional, which puzzles Peggy. Michael is hired. He returns home to find his domineering father reading the paper. Michael's personality changes yet again, this time more shy and reserved. When he learns of his son's success, Michael's father engages in prayer with his son.
Pete makes a puffed-up speech to the SCDP employees regarding his success in landing the Mohawk account. Roger walks out of the speech in anger, loathing his apparent descent in value to the agency.
[edit]Production

Re: Mad Men Season 5, episode 3
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 28, 2012 23:39

"Mad Men" is really great stuff.
I usually dont fall for typical "Best show Ever" hyping,
but this show is suprisingly good, and not just this episode.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: April 29, 2012 05:38

Max'sKansasCity

Am I the only sensing some strange vibes from Ginsberg?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 29, 2012 05:46

stupidguy2
Max'sKansasCity

Am I the only sensing some strange vibes from Ginsberg?
I think he likes it like that

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home