Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman's reaction to Keith book (spoof)
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 18:55

"When Keith says my buying heroin for him in Toronto to ease his withdrawal symptoms meant I was taking a big risk, I don't think he appreciates that, in addition to the risk, that heroin cost me $60.23, plus the $30 for the limo drive over to the Mocambo Club and back, plus a $5 tip to the driver. And while I was waiting for the stuff, I felt obligated to buy a beer at the Mocambo bar, which cost me $3.25, plus a dollar tip to the bartender. And because it was a drug deal none of it was tax deductible. Because of Keith's trouble, I didn't ask for reimbursement from him. Plus, the Macombo Club being a bar, no one under 21 was allowed in, which meant no 13 year old girls were there for me to procure. I don't think Keith truly appreciates my sacrifice that day."

Re: Bill Wyman's reaction to Keith book (spoof)
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 6, 2010 19:19

Yes, but how much was your bank overdraft that day?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 6, 2010 19:25

you forgot to add that you had more sex with more girls than Mick and Keith together at the Mocambo, Bill…

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 6, 2010 19:28

And surely with under 18 girls.............. Bill is not a saint..........

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 6, 2010 19:51

This is slander. I don't think this is the right forum for it.

Date: November 6, 2010 20:12

Stoneage
This is slander. I don't think this is the right forum for it.

Are you serious?

Posted by: mockingbird3 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 21:36

I would imagine Bill feetling some relief at the horror he lived with, and remained a mostly silent gentlemen about, finally getting aired out. I don't know Bill's personality tho. Some feelings of vindication maybe? Did his books do right by describing sessions and personalities and relationships in the band? I would also guess, admittedly based on my own feelings, that somewhere along the line Bill realized that no matter how important brilliant and essential to their greatness he is, Keith's vanity would never allow Bill to be appreciated, if even mentioned, and that must sting.

Date: November 6, 2010 22:15

Old Bill was still miffed in the recent Exile documentary interview about driving all the way to Nellcote and Keith never bothering to come downstairs. Contrast this with Keith's own account of his work ethic at Nellcote, "living above the factory", etc. One more Keith myth that has been fact-checked by others who were there.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 22:45

71Tele
Old Bill was still miffed in the recent Exile documentary interview about driving all the way to Nellcote and Keith never bothering to come downstairs. Contrast this with Keith's own account of his work ethic at Nellcote, "living above the factory", etc. One more Keith myth that has been fact-checked by others who were there.

Like Keith saying, "We played a gig every single night for three years." Martyrs to the cause. But then in the same section he says, "For 18 months straight we never did a show longer than 5 or ten minutes" because the hysterical girls would force them off the stage. So you could argue that for 18 months they worked five minutes a day. Not exactly martyr-like suffering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home