Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Money
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 20, 2012 05:42

Hi Mick, glad to see you checking in on Vik's site from time to time...

So, one of the most successful alumni from the London School of Economics is moving to The Big Apple, eh?

Shidoobee.

Glad to see your taking this seriously!

People make mistakes, that's why Jesus died on the cross, isn't it?

Keith may be the soul of the Stones, but you're the one who can make the magic happen again.

Good luck...

We'll all be waiting...

Re: The Money
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 20, 2012 06:44

Show Me.....!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 20, 2012 09:52

chelskeith

So, one of the most successful alumni from the London School of Economics is moving to The Big Apple, eh?

Who is then? Jagger is not an alumnus of LSE.

Mathijs

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 20, 2012 10:50

Mathijs
chelskeith

Mathijs

He so is!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:01

crumbling_mice
Mathijs
chelskeith

Mathijs

He so is!

No, he quit after three months.

Mathijs

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 20, 2012 15:06

Mick

if you're reading this thanks for all you've done in the past, you changed my life. I understand you want to follow your muse now and that's great, I hope you finding it rewarding and it makes you happy.

Date: March 20, 2012 16:03

Websters Dictionary definition of ALUMNUS

1 - a person who has attended or has graduated from a particular school, college, or university.

More importantly is Mick is likely the single most successful businessman who has ever doubled as a key member of a major rock band, and I'm hoping he is able to see that The Stones are bigger than the petty BS that goes down between its members. Didn't that sink the Beatles? It certainly sank many a band, so this is, so to speak, a golden opportunity, socially, musically and financially.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 20, 2012 16:15

What about Sammy Hagar, Gene Simmons et al.. I think there are quite a few rock stars involved in business.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 20, 2012 16:16

chelskeith

1 - a person who has attended or has graduated from a particular school, college, or university.

More importantly is Mick is likely the single most successful businessman who has ever doubled as a key member of a major rock band, and I'm hoping he is able to see that The Stones are bigger than the petty BS that goes down between its members. Didn't that sink the Beatles? It certainly sank many a band, so this is, so to speak, a golden opportunity, socially, musically and financially.

yeah the BS sank the Beatles but
'The Beatles' were done already..their Fabness so overwhelming, that they would only have tarnished what they had accomplished..

hmmm...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2012 16:43

chelskeith

I think both Paul McCartney and Bono would counter that argument.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 20, 2012 17:11

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 20, 2012 19:43

treaclefingers
chelskeith

I think both Paul McCartney and Bono would counter that argument.

Especially Paul...he owns the copyrights to a staggering number of songs, including Buddy Holly's entire catalog. He also has the publishing rights to some of the biggest musicals ever (Grease, A Chorus Line, Guys and Dolls).

Date: March 21, 2012 06:30

I think it would be interesting to study the most successful rock musicians from a business success standpoint and list their accomplishments for the industry, the amount of money they've made, spent haha, and how have they helped people from a philantropic level as success may be defined not just by money made.

Mick helped pave the way for Bono in some ways.

Paul and Mick would be an interesting study.

I also wonder how many of the many Stones innovations for the music industry, from wireless mic's to corporate sponsorship has Mick been responsible for? Ok, one of those is a no brainer.

My only point of this post is my pal and I were sitting around listening to deep bootleg cuts last night and he made a point of how good of a businessman mick seems to be, and when i remembered he was moving to NYC, I wondered, could it be?

Is he coming to make a stand for one last hurrah for the rolling stones, and he better than anyone knows what that will take given all the variables that keep arising every time they want to get together and make music,... into their late 60s now...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 21, 2012 06:44

duke richardson
chelskeith

yeah the BS sank the Beatles but
'The Beatles' were done already..their Fabness so overwhelming, that they would only have tarnished what they had accomplished..

hmmm...

Don't worry, the Beatle Sons are planning on getting together and restoring the magic again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home