Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will Mick and Charlie ever publish their autobiography?
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:18

After Bill, Ron and now Keith with their books, Charlie, Mick Jagger and M.Taylor are the other ones missing. Will they ever take such step?

Re: Will Mick and Charlie ever publish their autobiography?
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:31

Charlie won't, Mick Taylor won't... I guess Mick's going to write one, but not anytime soon x)

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:48

Jagger is laying pretty low these days. If you google him, nothing really comes up.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:49

Maybe when the Stones end and Mick needs a big payday he'll give it a shot. Mick Taylor wasn't there long enough. I can't see Charlie giving a crap, though maybe he might write a book about his other interests. Of course people would bug him to write about the Stones and that might bore him and make him chuck the whole thing. I'm surprised Anita hasn't gone for it.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: October 31, 2010 20:47

no - they still get the value of mystery

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 31, 2010 21:41

If they would release something they have to to it in 5 years from now otherwise nobody would be interested.

Charlie's would be the most interesting to read I think

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: October 31, 2010 21:53

24FPS
Maybe when the Stones end and Mick needs a big payday he'll give it a shot. Mick Taylor wasn't there long enough. I can't see Charlie giving a crap, though maybe he might write a book about his other interests. Of course people would bug him to write about the Stones and that might bore him and make him chuck the whole thing. I'm surprised Anita hasn't gone for it.

Anita's story would be interesting, but she's a bit contradictory in interviews...Marianne once referred to her as "evil glamor".

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2010 22:01

Riffbuk
After Bill, Ron and now Keith with their books, Charlie, Mick Jagger and M.Taylor are the other ones missing. Will they ever take such step?

Mick was the first to take up the offer, around 1984. He ended up giving the advance back, as he couldnt remember anything and couldnt be arsed.

I doubt he'll ever do it. He's far too guarded emotionally and about his privacy. Keith has always pretty much been an open book.

Charlie won't do it either. For similar reasons.

When asked by the BBC as far back as 1982, about his hobby of chronicling the band's history, Bill added that "I have a good memory. And Keith also has a very good memory, believe it or not. Mick's hopeless and so's Charlie....and of course, Woody's only been with us for about 7 years, so he's a new boy...."

Date: November 1, 2010 00:22

'Anita's story would be interesting, but she's a bit contradictory in interviews...Marianne once referred to her as "evil glamor".' - Marie.

True, but she might weave quite a tale, entirely factual or not. 'Evil Glamor', like that's a bad thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-01 00:22 by 24FPS.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 1, 2010 04:38

24FPS
Mick Taylor wasn't there long enough.

Mick Taylor has had a life outside of The Rolling Stones.

Date: November 1, 2010 05:15

Mick Taylor has had a life outside of The Rolling Stones. - Stones 78

No offense, but who would care? He's never even made a solo album the average fan could name. After the Stones he was an occassional session man, period. A chapter on the Stones, and a chapter on how the rest of his life has been one long, self-inflicted struggle. I get bored with people who can't keep themselves together over a long period of time.

Posted by: Mooseman ()
Date: November 1, 2010 05:32

I am sure the John Mayall fans would love to read a Mick Taylor book I would deffinitly read it if it came out. Everyone has a story no matter what they have or havent done or where they have or havent been.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 2, 2010 00:14

Gazza

Jagger: 'I doubt he'll ever do it. He's far too guarded emotionally and about his privacy. Keith has always pretty much been an open book.'

quote]

Agreed. I suspect Jagger remembers everything, but he will never write a book. I don't really blame him. Think about it:
Every significant relationship in his life has been fodder for the tabloids. Every woman - from Chrissie to Jerry Hall (and with the exception of Bianca and L'wen) has dished about thier relationships with him in a book and in countless interviews. Now Keith. I would feel exposed and betrayed, no matter what the intentions were. Some things in life should be sacred no matter how famous you are. Why would he write a book at this point? I imagine the man would desire some kind of privacy in his life, or at least the parts that have remained private.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-02 00:19 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 2, 2010 00:20

stupidguy2
Gazza

Jagger: 'I doubt he'll ever do it. He's far too guarded emotionally and about his privacy. Keith has always pretty much been an open book.'

quote]

Agreed. I suspect Jagger remembers everything, but he will never write a book. I don't really blame him. Think about it:
Every significant relationship in his life has been aired out like laundry for the world to dissect. Every woman - from Chrissie to Jerry Hall (and with the exception of Bianca and L'wen) has dished about thier relationships with him in a book and in countless interviews. Now Keith. I would feel exposed and betrayed, no matter what the intentions were. Some things in life should be sacred no matter how famous you are. Why would he write a book at this point? I imagine the man would desire some kind of privacy in his life, or at least the parts that have remained private.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 2, 2010 00:34

24FPS
Mick Taylor has had a life outside of The Rolling Stones. - Stones 78

No offense, but who would care? He's never even made a solo album the average fan could name. After the Stones he was an occassional session man, period. A chapter on the Stones, and a chapter on how the rest of his life has been one long, self-inflicted struggle. I get bored with people who can't keep themselves together over a long period of time.

One tone coming out of Taylor's guitar touches me more than a 1000 coming out of Ron's or Keith.
I get bored with musicians that mainly relay on posing over a long period of time,let alone reading about them.No offense either.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 2, 2010 00:44

Wasn't "According To The Rolling Stones" Charlie's little project that he kind of pushed on the band0? Don't know how involved he was but I thought I remembered how it was his idea etc....

It may not have been his autobiography, but I think he may see that as his own contribution for a Stones-related book. Outside of that, I think all Charlie wants to say about the Stones can already be found on each Stones album.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 2, 2010 00:45

Amsterdamned

One tone coming out of Taylor's guitar touches me more than a 1000 coming out of Ron's or Keith.
I get bored with musicians that mainly relay on posing over a long period of time,let alone reading about them.No offense either.

Yes, we know your feeling about now, you have posted that about 1885 times on this board. Can you take a step further please?

Mathijs

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 2, 2010 00:51

Well almost everybody (musician) here does,you included, equal amount of same feelings..
Yes, I can take a step further, but then I am running out of the Rolling Stones,and you cannot follow I'am afraid.
So I stick to this board as far as the Stones are concerned,if you don't mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-02 01:25 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: November 2, 2010 02:01

24FPS
'Anita's story would be interesting, but she's a bit contradictory in interviews...Marianne once referred to her as "evil glamor".' - Marie.

True, but she might weave quite a tale, entirely factual or not. 'Evil Glamor', like that's a bad thing.

I'd rather read Patti Hansen's story anyday....Now that is a good woman....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 2, 2010 02:07

NICOS
If they would release something they have to to it in 5 2 years from now otherwise nobody would be interested.

Charlie's would be the most interesting to read I think

Just made a correction on my own post

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 2, 2010 09:47

stupidguy2
stupidguy2
Gazza

quote]

Every significant relationship in his life has been aired out like laundry for the world to dissect. Every woman - from Chrissie to Jerry Hall (and with the exception of Bianca and L'wen) has dished about thier relationships with him in a book and in countless interviews. Now Keith. I would feel exposed and betrayed, no matter what the intentions were. Some things in life should be sacred no matter how famous you are. Why would he write a book at this point? I imagine the man would desire some kind of privacy in his life, or at least the parts that have remained private.

I'd like to read a Mick's book. I don't want an autobiography from him or a book about history of the Stones, but he is a man of words, he knows how to express ideas and nuances. Some of his interviews are very interesting - that's it when the interviewer is good. I remember in his interview with J. Wenner Mick talks about his feelings on stage and goes "I tried to write it down many times", so he definitely writes . And I think that the fact he shoots video all the time making his video diary means that he wants to leave smth behind.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2010 09:51

he shoots video all the time making his video diary means that he wants to leave smth behind

YEP ....
We are all looking at Mick but he's lookin' back at us....
The guy's seein' things most of us will never experience .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 2, 2010 10:52

Charlies book were released back in the seventies.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 2, 2010 16:36

Are you thinking about "From One Charlie"?
That was a cartoon book about Charlie Parker.. I have two of those boxes - signed - somewhere.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: November 2, 2010 16:40

Mick, 100% yes.

Charlie, absolutely not. IMHO, he is still of the same mind in 2010 that he was in 1964, which is simply this:

I am a drummer in rock and roll band. Sometimes in a jazz band. Why ANYONE would want my opinion on ANYTHING or want to read about my life for any reason at all is totally ridiculous.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 2, 2010 16:43

Mick tried, delivered something to the publishing house, who said - "hey - yopu're kidding, right???" If I'm not mistaken.
They meant there was no point in releasing a book that had nothing new, and that left out all juicy details and controversy.

I'm sure someone can fill in the details here.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 2, 2010 17:50

Didn't Taylor state a few years ago that he was working on a book about his years with the Stones?

Mathijs

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 2, 2010 17:53

marchbaby
Jagger is laying pretty low these days. If you google him, nothing really comes up.

Funny how this determines how busy someone is these days. After all, I can't Google myself when I'm busy so since nothing comes up, I guess I'm not busy.

Date: November 2, 2010 17:55

Funny how Bill said Woody was still the new boy at 7 years of being with the band when that is still longer then Brian Jones or Mick Taylor's stints with the band!

Date: November 2, 2010 18:03

Mick Jagger will never do one because he "can't be bothered".

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home