Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Does anyone know which concert the photo on the back of original vinyl Rolled Gold is from?
Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: March 8, 2012 17:33

Any thoughts? Thanks smiling smiley

Apparently it's not Lyceum 1969.

(I'm just putting this in a new thread because I don't think too many people are reading the other 1970 thread and I'm impatient to know the answer!)

Re: Does anyone know which concert the photo on the back of original vinyl Rolled Gold is from?
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 8, 2012 17:38

No idea.

But I always loved this picture.

Re: Does anyone know which concert the photo on the back of original vinyl Rolled Gold is from?
Date: March 8, 2012 17:42

Me too... it was the first Stones LP I heard when I was about 13 and that back cover photo is the only pic I knew of the Stones for a quite a while (apart from earlier pics inside the album)..in other words the most recent pic I was aware of at the time (early 80s)

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 8, 2012 17:51

Well the amps are ampegs so that rules out Lyceum and Saville Theatre shows as they used Hi-Watts.

This has got to be from either the american tour 1969, or europe 1970.

Charlie has his tom tom on a Snare stand, maybe someone knows when he started doing this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-08 17:52 by vudicus.

Date: March 8, 2012 17:57

I don't think it's USA 1969 going by the clothes...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 8, 2012 17:59

vudicus

Charlie has his tom tom on a Snare stand, maybe someone knows when he started doing this?

May be some clues here :

[www.iorr.org]

or
[www.drummercafe.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 8, 2012 18:00

I'm going to re-guess 1973 European tour. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-08 18:09 by Naturalust.

Date: March 8, 2012 18:04

Naturalust
I'm going to guess 1975 LA Forum. peace

Hmm.. with MT on guitar grinning smiley

Date: March 8, 2012 18:05

Ok 1970 is is then. But which concert...

Date: March 8, 2012 18:10

I didn't know Ronnie wore a blond wig...ok I'm going to shut up now.... peace

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 8, 2012 18:13

It's from Dec 21st 1969

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 8, 2012 18:14

Looks like Europe 1970.....the scarf tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-08 18:15 by Munichhilton.

Date: March 8, 2012 18:17

Is anyone able to post any pics from the same gig?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 8, 2012 18:23

Erik_Snow
It's from Dec 21st 1969

Where are you getting that it's from that date?

Date: March 8, 2012 18:40

vudicus

He started doing that in 1970.

Date: March 8, 2012 18:44

I remember this question came up a year or two ago..and someone knew the answer! But I can't find the thread...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 8, 2012 18:45

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-08 18:46 by Munichhilton.

Date: March 8, 2012 18:47

Erik is usually right on, no need to question him imho. peace

Date: March 8, 2012 18:59

Naturalust
Erik is usually right on, no need to question him imho. peace

We all get things wrong and there's nowt wrong with disagreeing or asking why someone is coming to the conclusion that a certain photo is from a certain date. thumbs up

Taylors look and the drum set up suggest it's from Europe 1970, not UK 1969.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-08 19:04 by His Majesty.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 8, 2012 19:12

SwayStones
vudicus

May be some clues here :

[www.iorr.org]

or
[www.drummercafe.com]

Err ...nobody felt like checking this out ?sad smiley
Too hard for me since English isn't my mother tongue grinning smiley

Date: March 8, 2012 19:14

SwayStones
SwayStones
vudicus

May be some clues here :

[www.iorr.org]

or
[www.drummercafe.com]

Err ...nobody felt like checking this out ?sad smiley
Too hard for me since English isn't my mother tongue grinning smiley

I think we know it's from 1970, the question is - which concert/venue?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2012 19:31

Munichhilton

that may be the coolest picture of keith ever.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: March 8, 2012 20:24

Munichhilton

To me, this picture is from Europe 76, not 1970

Date: March 8, 2012 23:55

His Majesty
We all get things wrong and there's nowt wrong with disagreeing or asking why someone is coming to the conclusion that a certain photo is from a certain date. thumbs up

you're right what am I thinking....question everything. peace

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: March 9, 2012 00:03

im saying euro 73..........one of the english shows>????

Date: March 9, 2012 00:19

It is Milano 70. Or Essen 70. saw both videos with Jagger and Keith in those clothes. But not sure how accurate the title of video is; Tylor is wearing a different shirt.
[www.rtbot.net]

Sorry about all the edits.

saw the 70 thread - all the clips are already there. ??

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-09 00:51 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: March 9, 2012 01:12

Naturalust
His Majesty

you're right what am I thinking....question everything. peace

Or atleast when a photo doesn't fit with other confirmed photos of a particular gig. thumbs up

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 9, 2012 01:35

Here in Japan Rolled Gold was stored in this cardboard box in 1975 or 76. smiling smiley

designed by Katsu Yoshida

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 9, 2012 01:36

Yes I recall it already has been discussed here, but I'd already forgot about it >grinning smiley<
I'm gettin' old
Anyway another shot from the same show, the shot is from Dominique Tarlé

Original french single

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-09 01:36 by Honestman.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 9, 2012 04:16

SwayStones
vudicus

May be some clues here :

[www.iorr.org]

or
[www.drummercafe.com]

By going to that Drummercafe link posted by Sway I just learned about a new Ginger baker docu "Beware of Mr. Baker". Looks very interesting to me - and Charlie is in there too!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home