Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LIVE AT THE MAX (BLU-RAY)
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 30, 2010 16:25

I was totally unaware this has become available on blu-ray and just got it last week. I never saw this in theatres but this re-release blows me away. To see this in hd on a big screen with a good 5.1 system is nothing short of extraordinary. A must have no doubt.

Re: LIVE AT THE MAX (BLU-RAY)
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 31, 2010 00:40

Remember seeing that one on IMAX at Cosmonova in Stockholm. Kind of a disappointment. There was no real live-feeling to it, it looked staged in some way.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 31, 2010 05:22

I have it on 'regular' DVD and it is rather unimpressive. It doesn't capture the majesty of that tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-31 05:22 by 24FPS.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: October 31, 2010 14:30

What it does show is the band on top of its game, especially Keith. I know its kind of slick and not raw enough... ya, I get that.

BUT... what jumps at me when I watch this is the control Keith has of his fingers. He totally dominates his guitar. His fingers are flying, something that obviously is not the case now.

Mick's moves don't look like as "forced". Lots of energy from everyone. It actually shows how much energy and life Ronnie used to bring to the band. He is much more life-less on stage now compared to then. I thought Ronnie really played great on the Steel Wheels and VL tours. So did Keith. The guitars were great and so were those tours. Its the guitar section that is lacking now. I'm not worried about Mick or Charlie on the next tour. The guitars need to step it up.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 31, 2010 17:04

I have the JAPANESE regular dvd in jewel case. IS the Blu Ray much better in term of sound and pic ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 31, 2010 17:07

shadooby
To see this in hd on a big screen with a good 5.1 system is nothing short of extraordinary.

When first released it played on a HUGE screen.

Date: October 31, 2010 23:57

toomuchforme
I have the JAPANESE regular dvd in jewel case. IS the Blu Ray much better in term of sound and pic ?

Yes, it's that much better. Just finished the second half tonight and this along with the new L&G blu-ray are all you really need video-wise. The rest is just filler. Keith is on top of his game. Not to start the debate again but it's mostly down-hill from this tour as far as Keith's spot-on playing goes.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 1, 2010 00:03

Too bad there's no DVD from the NO SECURITY TOUR. That was 1999 and I thought he was on.

Date: November 1, 2010 00:08

24FPS
Too bad there's no DVD from the NO SECURITY TOUR. That was 1999 and I thought he was on.

I'll concede to that, St. Louis was pretty damn good (even though that was '97).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-01 00:09 by shadooby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home