Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
European Financial Crisis and Stones tour 2012 , what will be the impact?
Posted by: FORMERSOMETHING ()
Date: March 3, 2012 20:40

The European financial crisis is “escalating”
what will happen????

Re: European Financial Crisis and Stones tour 2012 , what will be the impact?
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 3, 2012 20:45

people will have to borrow money from bankers to be able to buy a ticket.

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: March 3, 2012 20:57

Good question!

The Rolling Stones never did a tour when there was an Economical Crisis going on, maybe with the exception of 1981-82 and Argentina 1998....

On the other hand....a new Rolling Stones tour maybe part of the solution to fight this crisis...

I am more concerned about Keith, and his ability to play his beautiful riffs...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 3, 2012 20:59

jpasc95

I just hope there is equal access to the purchase tickets! For example, I checked out Stubhub to see what the scalpers are charging for Springsteen tix. Prices are going as high as $1000 for mediocre seats in at the Atlanta concert.

It's sad but the ticket situation for any event is beyond civility or rationale. Folks on a modest income are left out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-03 21:04 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 3, 2012 21:02

FORMERSOMETHING
what will happen????

The entire population of Europe will start hanging out on street corners wearing short skirts and rouge and muttering things like "hey sugar, wanna good time ?" (and that's just the guys) ... heaven knows what the girlies are gonna be doing !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 3, 2012 21:06

Chris Fountain
jpasc95

I just hope there is equal access to the purchase tickets! For example, I checked out Stubhub to see what the scalpers are charging for Springsteen tix. Prices are going as high as $1000 for mediocre seats in at the Atlanta concert.

It's sad but the ticket situation for any event is beyond civility or rationale. Folks on a modest income are left out.

$1000 ??!! really ?
it's a total shame
I hope the Stones won't be that greedy !

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 3, 2012 21:09

sooner or later...

HMN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 3, 2012 21:16

jpasc95
I hope the Stones won't be that greedy !

hahahahahah

Date: March 3, 2012 21:18

Honestman
sooner or later...

I don't think so....

Young people are just listening to rap-music, and they don't give a sh*t..
They are way to busy with Fakebook and their little Apple-phones, just doing nothing...

And I'm just sittin'on a fence...cool smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 3, 2012 22:04

FORMERSOMETHING
what will happen????

What about a few free concerts in NY, London, Amsterdam, and some more strategic places in the world.
The Stones don't have to travel a lot, people don't have to pay, and everybody is happy.

Let's call it a charity farewell tour. Their fans made them ridiculously rich, now it's their turn. They can afford it and it's good for their tax refund.
My ticket is available. For free.

Date: March 3, 2012 22:14

Amsterdamned
FORMERSOMETHING
what will happen????

What about a few free concerts in NY, London, Amsterdam, and some more strategic places in the world.
The Stones don't have to travel a lot, people don't have to pay, and everybody is happy.

Let's call it a charity farewell tour. Their fans made them ridiculously rich, now it's their turn. They can afford it and it's good for their tax refund.
My ticket is available. For free.

Good suggestion, goed idee

Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 3, 2012 22:50

paulywaul
FORMERSOMETHING
what will happen????

The entire population of Europe will start hanging out on street corners wearing short skirts and rouge and muttering things like "hey sugar, wanna good time ?" (and that's just the guys) ... heaven knows what the girlies are gonna be doing !!
You and I at the front P. Lets save the world economy and let them play 80 shows in Athens. The land of ancient Gods after all.

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: March 3, 2012 22:53

paulywaul
FORMERSOMETHING
what will happen????

well, this was not uncommon scene only 30-80 years ago (depending on the city and the part of Europe) so yes, won;t be suprise to see it happening, particularly in the big cities.

If any tour, Stones can sell tickets directly to the big corporations for their employees. Every employee gets a ticket for a show, the company acts as a guarantee to get a bank loan to repay the ticket, and everyone is fine, LOL spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: March 6, 2012 19:16

The Stones will tour the US, where the economy is recovering, plus maybe a show or two in London for the 50th. Euro tour will follow later.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 6, 2012 19:24

keefbajaga
Honestman
sooner or later...

I don't think so....

They are way to busy with Fakebook and their little Apple-phones, just doing nothing...)

Do you not read the news? Some people ARE on the streets protesting. Look at what's going on in Greece, for example. Clearly people do give a shit.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 6, 2012 19:49

And the defeat of SOPA (til they find some way to try it again)...

Rolling Stones concerts have been marketed to the 1% anyway.

One trend for the past several Stones tours has been a steadily decreasing supply of tickets. The less tickets available, the more they can charge. I wouldn't worry about any financial crisis, this tour is for the people who can afford tickets, those who can't will stay home like always.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 6, 2012 20:21

Free consert in Greece, Portugal and Ireland, low prices in Italy and Spain and full speed tour in Germany.... ;o)

Come on, they toured in 81-82, 89-90 where crisis were high both in US and Europe. The economy has had its ups and downs all over - both in the late 80'ies, early 80'ies. Peolpe go to conserts anyway.

The one factor deciding the level of attendants is price level - who wants to pay > 150 USD / 150 EURO for a consert of 2 hours?? That puts a limit.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 6, 2012 20:43

FORMERSOMETHING
what will happen????
Jeez ...Unlike on R.O ,bv doesn't allow us to get too political here but in 50 days ..if the polls are right ,France is going to go in the toilets sad smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 6, 2012 23:42

keefbajaga
Honestman
sooner or later...

I don't think so....

They are way to busy with Fakebook and their little Apple-phones, just doing nothing...

And I'm just sittin'on a fence...cool smiley

Better get outside and tell them to get off your lawn.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ManofKent ()
Date: March 7, 2012 00:05

People generally continue to spend money on leisure / pleasure items during recessions...they just are more cautious and spend more selectively,here in the UK, people are having holidays here rather than flying off round Europe or further afield, but they are still having a holiday. People are still buying new cars, people are still buying mobile phones and other "luxury" items, so there is money out there being thrown around, this would not be happening if there were serious problems. Some people are struggling having been laid off etc, but things are pretty stable now, even the bankers are getting their £1 million bonuses again...

So, people, me included will find the money for a Stones 50 Tour ticket, as long as they are priced within reason - say no more than £100 per ticket, and for that I'd expect 20+ songs at Wembley Mr Jagger!

Matt

Date: March 7, 2012 00:52

Theyre going to play a lot of shows in norway. The people there can afford high ticket prices. Jagger knows were the money iseye popping smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 7, 2012 00:59

If they tour Europe they will probably do fewer cities this time around. It's mainly the PIIGS countries who are suffering from the crisis. So stay out of the PIIGS countries and it will all go well. And, probably, Eastern Europe too...

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: March 7, 2012 01:06

The financial crisis in USA is at least as big as in Europe, the Americans are simply not as informed as the Europeans are...

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 7, 2012 18:14

The first tour where they reduce prices?

Don't make me laugh.

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 7, 2012 18:57

The Wall Street Journal ran a story a month or so ago featuring Cliff Burnstein who manages Metallica. He said originally they had no intention of returning to Europe for the third summer in row but the economic opportunity was just too good to pass up. Essentially, given the weakness of the dollar and their being paid IN dollars allows them to take more money out of Europe thanks to the exchange rate. He said the key was to get the shows on sale early and perform in the early summer BEFORE the sh-t possibly hits the fan.

I have to believe that European and indeed worldwide economic conditions have precluded any consideration of a tour by 'Stones, Inc. If the were actually going to do something I think tangible news would have started leaking out by now.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 7, 2012 18:59

They should set their ticket prices at a 1962/63 level...maybe even play a few pubs!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2012 19:08

micawber
The financial crisis in USA is at least as big as in Europe, the Americans are simply not as informed as the Europeans are...

The only issue the US hasn't completely addressed is...what happens if the Europeans drag us down with them?

So from that perspective you are correct.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 7, 2012 19:09

Bostonstranglerno9
Theyre going to play a lot of shows in norway. The people there can afford high ticket prices. Jagger knows were the money iseye popping smiley
Patti can promote Stones in Norway.
Keith can learn to say: Godt at vaere her i Norge, godt at vaere hvorsomhelst..... heja Norge

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 7, 2012 19:20

I don't think the ticketprices are that important. Many countries nowadays are 2/3 societies which means 1/3 of the population are more or less insolvent but 2/3 have unchanged or even better solvency than before. Even if the ticket prices were $10 the poorer part couldn't afford it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 7, 2012 20:34

"The Stones will tour the US, where the economy is recovering"

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley and one word for you my friend : Zerohedge! [www.zerohedge.com]

Seriously they certainly won't play in Greece, they probably won't play in Ireland, they might do one show only for the Spain/Portugal markets.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home