Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone Else Waiting For Amazon To Get 'Life'?
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 27, 2010 14:34

Amazon.ca just notified me that it will take longer for them to get my signed (??) (POSSIBLY signed, not confirmed by Amazon ) copy of Life. That's OK, I'm learning patience!eye rolling smiley Is anyone else having a delay with Amazon?

Thanks,
CE

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-27 19:30 by Cocaine Eyes.

Re: Anyone Else Waiting For Amazon To Get 'Life'?
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 27, 2010 14:35

mine has shipped

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 27, 2010 14:35

Not exactly a delay, but I haven't gotten it yet - preordered it month ago.

Date: October 27, 2010 14:46

Lorenz
Not exactly a delay, but I haven't gotten it yet - preordered it month ago.

Has it been shipped to you yet? Mine was supposed to be shipped on the 26th of October, now Amazon.ca is saying there'll be a "delay". (Patience has never been a virtue of mine!!)

Oh, I pre-oredered it on 22nd April!!smoking smiley

Thanks for your responses.
CE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-27 14:48 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: October 27, 2010 14:57

mine has shipped ,too
amazon.com

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 27, 2010 16:14

Preordered on June 21st with 2-day shipping - mine arrived via courier Monday night at about 8:30. I was shocked, to put it mildly, that I got it early.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 27, 2010 16:59

Cocaine Eyes
my signed copy of Life.

Cocaine Eyes, do you have a link to where amazon.ca is (or was) offering signed copies of the book?
(signed by Keith, i presume you mean?) i see they have two different prices/covers -
[www.amazon.ca] and [www.amazon.ca] -
but i don't see where it says either is signed. so i'm curious.

meanwhile, amazon.co.uk notified me just after midnight on the 26th that they'd shipped mine. i am waiting :E

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 27, 2010 17:57

I live in Holland, ordered with Amazon UK, and I got it today

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 27, 2010 18:11

with sssoul
Cocaine Eyes
my signed copy of Life.

Cocaine Eyes, do you have a link to where amazon.ca is (or was) offering signed copies of the book?
(signed by Keith, i presume you mean?) i see they have two different prices/covers -
[www.amazon.ca] and [www.amazon.ca] -
but i don't see where it says either is signed. so i'm curious.

meanwhile, amazon.co.uk notified me just after midnight on the 26th that they'd shipped mine. i am waiting :E

No, there's no info about either one being signed. But I was thinking that the one with "Life" written (in red) by Keith on the cover would be signed. That one also costs approximately $12.00CAD more than the one which only has "Life" in black letters, not in Keith's writing.

It was merely an assumption on my part. Apologies if I turn out to be incorrect.

Either way, I'm OK with it. I have a lovely photo of me with Keith taken a few years ago. He autographed something for me and dated it. So, I'll be satisfied with the book.....signed or not signed!

CE

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 27, 2010 19:18

thanks for the clarification - actually the price currently showing for the one with the title in red
is slightly lower than the other one, and i'd be really really surprised if anyone selling signed copies
would fail to make it perfectly clear that they're signed. so ... let us know, when you finally get it

ps: it looks like the red-titled ones are shipped from the UK and the other ones are North American -
maybe that's why the covers are different? the red looks cool

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-27 19:20 by with sssoul.

Date: October 27, 2010 19:28

with sssoul
thanks for the clarification - actually the price currently showing for the one with the title in red
is slightly lower than the other one, and i'd be really really surprised if anyone selling signed copies
would fail to make it perfectly clear that they're signed. so ... let us know, when you finally get it

ps: it looks like the red-titled ones are shipped from the UK and the other ones are North American -
maybe that's why the covers are different? the red looks cool

Oh, you're very welcome. You know, now you've got me thinking some more. PERHAPS the RED 'Life' ones are first editions!!?? And since (as you say) the 'red ones' come from the UK....perhaps that's why mine is delayed. Amazon.ca still insists that I'll be getting the red one.

And, to end confusion, I'm now going to edit my first post in this thread to change the word "signed".

Thanks for helping me out here,
CE

Oh, and when it does arrive, I'll let you guys know.smoking smiley

PS. I just looked up my Amazon order and here's the price:

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Life [Hardcover]
By: Keith Richards
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 32.09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-27 19:41 by Cocaine Eyes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home