Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : "CHORUS" French Live TV Show INA Archives 3DVD boxset
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 26, 2010 21:15

At the end of the 70's , this TV show was the best thing I've seen on the french TV.Antoine de CAUNES ( The french guy who later did RAPIDO) wanted to show some new things and it was awesome.
More than 30 years later, it's unearthed by the INA Archives for our great pleasure.

Bands featuring on the 3 DVD :

DVD1
-THE CLASH Live at The Palace (42 min)
Various LIVE
-MAGMA, TELEPHONE, THE CURE, SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES, RAMONES, STRAY CATS (1h36)

DVD2
- ZZ TOP Live at The Pavillon Baltard, Nogent-sur-Marne (32 min)*
Various LIVE
TRUST, THE JAM, THE STRANGLERS, THE UNDERTONES, MADNESS, TOM WAITS, GARLAND JEFFREYS, TOM PETTY (1h50)

DVD3
-THE POLICE Live at The Théâtre de l'Empire (30 min)
Various LIVE
JACQUES HIGELIN, PETER GABRIEL, DIRE STRAITS, THE PRETENDERS, CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, ELVIS COSTELLO (1h41)

Also included a 24 page Booklet

A must-have IMO don't miss it !winking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-26 21:45 by Honestman.

Re: OT : "CHORUS" French Live TV Show INA Archives 3DVD boxset
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 26, 2010 21:57

Rassure-moi, j'espère que sur ce dvd on nous épargne la vue de ce ringard de De Caunes...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 26, 2010 23:07

dcba
Rassure-moi, j'espère que sur ce dvd on nous épargne la vue de ce ringard de De Caunes...

Tu préfères Nagui >grinning smiley<

Moi je m'en fous c'est Papa Noel qui me l'offre, je le veux essentiellement
pour les STRAY CATS , le reste c'est que du bonus du bon et du moins bon
( Je me tape d'HIGELIN par exemple et du Captain BEEFHEART voir de nos TELEPHONE)
Non sérieux, la prestation des STRAY CATS était fabuleuse, ils venaient tout juste de débarquer, Dire STRAITS idem (ça aurait dû en rester là) et puis ENFIN les CLASH.

Je crache donc pas dans la soupe, je prends !

Yes this Frenchie ( I mean DE CAUNES) could spoiled a bit at the beginning and the end, but the footage are quite rare, the boxset worth the purchase only for the STRAY CATS who were on fire, and obviously there are some forgettable ones like our Frenchies , but the whole package really worth for these rare footage of CLASH , early Dire STRAITS and so on...
It was filmed during the 1978-1980 era, the very first beginning for some Bands.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-26 23:10 by Honestman.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 27, 2010 19:57

dcba

Mind you,but " Chorus " was kinda of good back on these days ?
Much better than Mr Manoeuvre and his dark glasses .cool smiley

Actually , I want to say that i have some affection for Mr Maneuvre & Mr de Caunes because WHO are the French Rock journalists in France nowadays ?sad smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home