Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

EXILE re-issue, which parts are newly recorded?
Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: October 25, 2010 00:07

Hey there, just wondering if there is a page anywhere that tells which parts were newly recorded for the re-issue. I just listened to SO DIVINE and Keith's solo is just horrendous, and obviously newer, as it's the same solo he plays on every song in the SHINE A LIGHT movie.
Anyway, I'd love to have a reference tracksheet of the newly added parts.
Thanks!

Re: EXILE re-issue, which parts are newly recorded?
Date: October 25, 2010 00:07

Oh yeah, I did try a variety of searches on the forum BEFORE I posted this, but nothing came up.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 25, 2010 00:44

sorry to be ot - Keith's solo in "So Divine" is divine x)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 25, 2010 03:22

Well, with the exception of Soul Survivor, Good Time Women and (from what I've been able to figure but I'm not swearing by) I'm Not Signifying and the one with Keith the vocals are all new except...one of the ballad songs that has old and new vocals combined. Harmonica is new on Signifying, Keith added some (really really lame) lead licks to the tune that has the Paint It Black trip going on - I think.

And of course Mick Taylor's guitar on Plundered My Soul as well as all the vocals on that tune and the others.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:17

>> did try a variety of searches on the forum BEFORE I posted this <<

it was discussed in a bunch of assorted threads when the re-issue was released -
maybe the search failed because the topic got spread out over a lot of threads, many of which got dauntingly long?
if i were looking for this i'd try the good Green Lady's brilliant index to the Track Talk threads: [www.iorr.org]
there's a section there with links to threads on the re-issues, and you should be able to assemble the information you want.
most of it is fans' speculation (and/or what's obvious to the ear) - the Stones camp wasn't too specific about most of it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-25 10:22 by with sssoul.

Date: October 25, 2010 11:42

The Plundered My Soul-thread will answer most of your questions.

Date: October 25, 2010 15:35

Thanks everybody, will do. Great album this bonus disc is. I'd trade ABB for it anyday.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 25, 2010 19:19

Ah. The one with Keith is Soul Survivor. Ha ha. Well whatever. One of those old ones - oh, duh - Loving Cup.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home