Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Out Of Control - Danny Saber's Demo
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:15

At the end of disc 2 of "Bod Dylan and Los Rolling Stones" (A Vinyl Gang Product 198) there's a track called "Out Of Control - Danny Saber's Demo". Any idea where this can come from?
It sounds actually like a demo or maybe like an alternate mix. But I've never seen it before on any official releases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-24 19:33 by kowalski.

Re: Out Of Control - Danny Saber's Demo
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:31

It's the official version but unfaded.
Acc. to D.Hoffmann VGP "stole" it from a super-rare promo cd-r that was distributed around May 1998.
I'm sure some IORRians have it though...

Please post pix! >grinning smiley<

Date: October 24, 2010 19:37

It's unfaded (it has one minute more) but the mix is also different.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:46

I've got the promo single with the Don Was Live Remix - I thought that was the only rare "OOC" promo CD. What else was on the Danny Saber CD? And was it really only a CD-R? I wonder how many of them are still working after 13 years? Their shelf life can get a bit dodgy after 5 years or so...

Date: October 24, 2010 20:09

There's an "OOC" promo CD all over eBay (clear CD with the Bridges-era gold tongue) with the "Saber Final Mix" clocking in at 5:44. It's exactly a minute longer than the album version.

A couple of questions - is this the same version as the "demo" and how drastic of a remix is it? Pretty much standard Stones or all electronic bleeps & bloops? I don't want to spend $20 on some dated dance remix - thanks!

Date: October 24, 2010 20:15

The Saber Final remix is quite near to the album version. Bass is much heavier though.
If it's the 3-tracks promo CD you spotted at ebay, you'll get also an interesting dub remix (Bi-Polar at the controls remix).

This Saber Final Mix is different from the Saber's Demo.

Date: October 24, 2010 20:43

Excellent, Kowalski - off to buy. Thanks!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: October 24, 2010 22:10

Yeah it's on an OOC demo cd single, I was lucky enough to get one at the time.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 25, 2010 06:58

What about the live mix? Same as No Security?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 25, 2010 07:07

No the live mix is not the same as NO SECURITY. It's from Madison Square Garden with Don Was producing. The interesting thing is there is no audience noise so it sounds like a live rehearsal. Great performance, though.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 25, 2010 07:09

Ahhh. I never saw that edition of the single, just the edit and two horrendous "remixes".

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 25, 2010 15:48

Acc. to Hoffmann this cd-r had 9 diff. versions of the song. Yum!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 25, 2010 19:11

wow, never knew about these ... i would be eternally grateful if anyone had mp3s to share of the demo and live version from this promo (leonidp7000@gmail 'dot' com)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-25 19:14 by LeonidP.

Date: October 26, 2010 02:21

Demo and live versions are on the CD I was talking about when I started this thread. I think it's available from links on iorr forum. It was posted at Hungercity.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 26, 2010 16:47

kowalski
Demo and live versions are on the CD I was talking about when I started this thread. I think it's available from links on iorr forum. It was posted at Hungercity.

Thank you!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 26, 2010 17:57

The Saber version includes other differences too - like additional harmonica solo.

The Don Was live version is a stellar performance - maybe even better than the on on No Security.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 26, 2010 19:43

OK guys. It seems that I found the pictures of those promo CDs with OOC.

OUT OF CONTROL - REMIXES
Here is another killer item, the picture above shows the Gold CDr with the remixes copied from DAT recording. This Gold CDr was done by the sound-engineer of EMI/Virgin for industrial In House Use Only !
Saint of me - Out of control - Out of control
Below you see three other pictures which were copied from DAT, here counts the same story as above. Only high quality Gold CDr's were used, such as TDK, Maxell or just Blanc CDr's, sometimes with or without handwritten text.
The quantity made of these most highly collectable items is difficult to say, probably 2 to 5 each.
So this is really GOLD in your hands !!!
Note :
These GOLD CDr's are made by the sound-engineers of EMI / Virgin.
Only high quality Gold CDr's were used to get the best quality sound !
The sound was directly taken from the master tapes.
Of course these CDr's are used only for inside promotion.

The pictures are in the very bottom of the page

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-26 19:44 by ironbelly.

Date: October 27, 2010 03:05

Many years ago I bought the Out of Control Limited Edition CD which has three versions:

1) Saber Final Mix 5:44
2) Bi-Polar At The Controls 5:10
3) Bi-Polar's Fat Controller Mix 5:24

The disc is see through plastic with a gold tongue logo.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 27, 2010 04:08

My list has some details of the released remixes:

[www.iorr.org]

The Demo version on VGP-198 is different (MIX AND EDIT) than any of the released remixes. It is also not any of the 9 tracks on the Virgin CDr. [members.multimania.nl]

I am not sure where it came from!

Date: October 27, 2010 04:09

tumblingdice
Yeah it's on an OOC demo cd single, I was lucky enough to get one at the time.

What CD promo is this exactly?

Date: October 27, 2010 05:37

I would have to dig it out as I've boxed up my cd's recently but I got it from a lady that worked at a music store. She was into the Stones and knew I was so she gave me several demos that came out during that time. (Saint Of Me ect..) It was marked as demo and not for sale and had a pic of the boys on stage from that tour on the cover.

Date: October 27, 2010 12:17

tumblingdice
I would have to dig it out as I've boxed up my cd's recently but I got it from a lady that worked at a music store. She was into the Stones and knew I was so she gave me several demos that came out during that time. (Saint Of Me ect..) It was marked as demo and not for sale and had a pic of the boys on stage from that tour on the cover.

Sounds interesting! Were they CDrs? Did they have catalog numbers? can you post some photos of the art? I think you may have something rather rare!

Date: October 27, 2010 18:02

blakeeik
tumblingdice

Sounds interesting! Were they CDrs? Did they have catalog numbers? can you post some photos of the art? I think you may have something rather rare!

I'm sorry, I must apologize. Mine did not have the Danny Saber version on it. It's a cd single ( not cdr ) with Album version, Album Radio Edit, Don Was Live Remix and the 17 second call out hook provided for radio stations. If interested the catalog # is DPRO-13159 7087 6 13159 2 9 The cover pic has Mick in a lime green looking shirt with hands in the air with Keith and Ron behind and Charlie to the right and back...solo pic of Mick in same shirt on back cover...again sorry I mistook the Saber version being on it when in fact it wasn't..

Date: October 27, 2010 18:13

tumblingdice
I'm sorry, I must apologize. Mine did not have the Danny Saber version on it. It's a cd single ( not cdr ) with Album version, Album Radio Edit, Don Was Live Remix and the 17 second call out hook provided for radio stations. If interested the catalog # is DPRO-13159 7087 6 13159 2 9 The cover pic has Mick in a lime green looking shirt with hands in the air with Keith and Ron behind and Charlie to the right and back...solo pic of Mick in same shirt on back cover...again sorry I mistook the Saber version being on it when in fact it wasn't..

No worries! I do have those documented on my list.

One of the many reasons I do not like all these remixes is the small differences between them, in name and in mix/edit. It makes it hard to know what you are looking at. This was one of my motives for making my list.

I'm still wondering the original question - where did this Demo version come from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-27 18:41 by blakeeik.

Date: October 28, 2010 00:47

Still wondering too. I can't find it on any official release (maxi singles, promo, etc) and it doesn't appear on the link given above (cdr's list).
What's interesting is this demo version has "something" that other versions don't have. Maybe because it's not (yet) overproduced - like so many tracks on last Stones albums. You can hear the band playing... Also that's would be the first time I can hear any "demo" from Bridges To Babylon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home