Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Altamont - JJF video + D.A. Pennebaker on the movie he never shot
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 5, 2012 01:54

sorry if already post

Also, where does this come from? The deluxe Get ya ya's?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 13:50 by The Joker.

Re: D.A. Pennebaker on the movie he never shot in Altamont
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 00:57

Like the guitar work and groove on JJF? Kind of gets ya doesn't it?

Watching that reminds me (for some reason) of something I had not thought of for a while. Some time ago I synched the audience recording of SFTD with the GS movie video. At times the taper is clearly visible in the movie. He is in a well known photograph taken from the back of the stage as well. In any event, it was interesting to watch the video and hear the audio from someone who was in the thick of it. Kudos to his tenacity and courage to get the recording.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: February 6, 2012 03:12

Wouldn't mind seeing more of the Altamont footage.Thanks Joker for posting.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 6, 2012 11:25

I have said this before but I repeat it again: Altamont is the best live version of "Jumping Jack Flash" ever. They have never ever made that song to sound so meaningful and spot on: it can't be better by human resources. Keith's riffs are just killer hooks, never been the timing soooo perfect (backed nicely by Taylor) and Jagger's vocals simply stunning (even that clip gives a good idea how "on" Mick is). Simply for that reason the archive project should release Altamant (besides "Brown Sugar" having its premiere). But I know that it would not sound politically correct, so I don't think it will happen. This is one of those times when morality needs to precede aesthetics... (Damn angels for ruining one of the greatest Rolling Stones concerts ever...)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 11:31 by Doxa.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 6, 2012 12:03

Doxa
I have said this before but I repeat it again: Altamont is the best live version of "Jumping Jack Flash" ever. They have never ever made that song to sound so meaningful and spot on: it can't be better by human resources. Keith's riffs are just killer hooks, never been the timing soooo perfect (backed nicely by Taylor) and Jagger's vocals simply stunning (even that clip gives a good idea how "on" Mick is). Simply for that reason the archive project should release Altamant (besides "Brown Sugar" having its premiere). But I know that it would not sound politically correct, so I don't think it will happen. This is one of those times when morality needs to precede aesthetics... (Damn angels for ruining one of the greatest Rolling Stones concerts ever...)

- Doxa

I agree Doxa..the Stones were "on" on this night.
Most songs were played at their best on this night. Jagger/Keith are particularly STRONG !!
Satisfaction, JJF, UMT, Stray Cat.. were all amazing...judging by the bootlegs of the show.
Please release.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 12:20

The JJF clip is great, I have never seen it before and though the quallity is not the best, it is obvious what a performance it was.

The Pennebaker "interview" is stupid. He didn't wanat to make a movie with them because they were mean spirited and he felt something bad was going to happen in Altamont. Tis is sooo cheap and stupid.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 14:45 by Happy24.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: February 6, 2012 13:34

Doxa

- Doxa

Not so sure myself on the ranking of "best" live performance of JJF or any other particular title, but certainly have to agree the Angels spoiled what could have been the ultimate '69 gig and the farewell to a glorious tour.

Re: Altamont - JJF video + D.A. Pennebaker on the movie he never shot
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 6, 2012 15:54

The best opening of Brown Sugar is the Altamont version. Best version probably 1975 with Billy or 1972. JJF could have been dropped altogehter after 1975.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 6, 2012 18:52

Doxa

- Doxa

Yeah, I agree. But perhaps our boys only playes so well because those Angels were kickin them up their lovely butts . .?!

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 19:03

To answer Joker's question, that is not from the Ya Ya's deluxe edition. It appears to be something taped from the audience maybe?

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 19:33

Releasing Altamont? Huh! Interesting idea. I have a lot of problems with that concert, how people feel about it, what was portrayed in the movie "documentary," "the end of the 60's" (whatever that means). If you edit out the drama (I did that once) you have a pretty good concert. As I recall after SFTD the stage chaos subsides on the audience recording. I would love to hear an edited release of the "music" played that night, but I cannot see it happening. Is it exploitative or a whitewash or both would be the criticism. The word "Altamont" conjures up a lot of emotional baggage, but I would like to hear the music as played. Good gosh, Yes!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 6, 2012 23:30

The Joker

Something not right with that one.

I don't think the video pictures are for JJF.

It doesn't gell.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 7, 2012 12:17

GravityBoy
The Joker

Something not right with that one.

I don't think the video pictures are for JJF.

It doesn't gell.

nah there's a better video out there which is better than this...with vocals matching the music.
It's definately Altamont JJF, both vocals & footage !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home