Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Gérard Depardieu bashes the Stones
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: October 22, 2010 18:52

Gazza
Some really sensitive souls on here.

Well, Froggies are generally spoken more sensitive than cold blooded Britons I guess.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 22, 2010 18:56

proudmary
How can this guy land a woman like Carole Bouquet is beyond me.

Hey, the man was fantastic!

The gorgeous & so classy Carole Bouquet in 1995 :

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: October 22, 2010 19:04

Sister Marie
As we say here: c'est l'hôpital qui se fout de la charité !
How can this man, who is totally unable to move as Mick (who is however a little oldest than him), call him a "old man"?

Anyways, GD becomes senile, he also insulted the millions of people protesting in the streets against the pension reform, forgetting to tell the difference between the work of an actor and workers who work hard...

I agree for the "old men" quote,as I had already wrote above.

To be honest, I do think that if many people bash on Depardieu ,it comes from the fact he said the strikes in France were a ridiculous thing.

I don't give a **** about what Depardieu thinks or says,but bringing political ideas to the thread isn't a good idea.
I wouldn't have mentionned this,but,since you wrote about it,please allow me to say that ,I quote you ,"workers who work hard" aren't on the streets .

Only lazy people are on the streets right now.Get it ?

I tell you what : France is going "to the toilets" (this is an American expression that Helter Skelter learnt me ) and France is dead.
It's over.
Wanna see what is happening right now in Lyon -my hometown,in case you forgot ...) ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 22, 2010 19:19

Swaystones!

"Taught me" - not "learnt me'!!!

I'm going to knock that word out of your English vocabulary if it kills me!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: praline ()
Date: October 22, 2010 19:27

Sister Marie

Anyways, GD becomes senile, he also insulted the millions of people protesting in the streets against the pension reform, forgetting to tell the difference between the work of an actor and workers who work hard...

You forgot to explain to our American audience, that in France, actors only can have a political stance if they advocate for immigration, social care for the whole planet. (In the meantime they arrange to have their taxes paid abroad in order to escape the French laws.)

If they happen not to be having a left-wing speech, then "they are too rich" or "senile" to speak.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 22, 2010 19:31

That's the admitted rapist,. Despicable sort who should be...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: October 22, 2010 19:42

SwayStones

I don't give a **** about what Depardieu thinks or says,but bringing political ideas to the thread isn't a good idea.
I wouldn't have mentionned this,but,since you wrote about it,please allow me to say that ,I quote you ,"workers who work hard" aren't on the streets .

Only lazy people are on the streets right now.Get it ?

Maybe also people who are jobless/have been fired are on the streets? And students? Maybe?

I tell you what : France is going "to the toilets" (this is an American expression that Helter Skelter learnt me ) and France is dead.
It's over.
Wanna see what is happening right now in Lyon -my hometown,in case you forgot ...) ?

Du courage! La douce France survivra tout. Même M. Sarcozy.

Date: October 22, 2010 19:49

CindyC
Swaystones!

"Taught me" - not "learnt me'!!!

I'm going to knock that word out of your English vocabulary if it kills me!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh no !!
I can't believe that
I DID IT AGAIN !!! :-))))))))))

Check your mail box ,please .smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 22, 2010 20:11

kleermaker
Gazza
Some really sensitive souls on here.

Well, Froggies are generally spoken more sensitive than cold blooded Britons I guess.

Most of the outrage seems to be coming from non-froggies.

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: October 22, 2010 20:15

Who is Gérard DEPARDIEU ? I don't know him ?

Date: October 22, 2010 20:49

Interesting that the WOMEN on this site are not bashing this rapist

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 22, 2010 21:51

SwayStones

"Old guys" ?
Depardieu was born in 1948 if I am not mistaken .Jagger looks a thousand time better than he does .

You don't know how right you are Sway. I saw Depardiou weeks ago in a flower shop (rue des Saints Pères in Paris) : he looked enormous, but not in a good way. He was bloated, fat, he could barely walk. Sick and sic...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 22, 2010 22:03

GD said in his youth he witnessed several amoral acts that now could be labelled as "rapes". Like drunk girls on a Saturday night involved in sexual intercourse on the trunk of a car with an equally drunk guy they barely know.

But sorry to "disappoint" you mickscarey, Gérard is NOT Ted Bundy.
He ain't as bas as Bill Clinton either...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-22 22:08 by dcba.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 22, 2010 22:10

dcba
SwayStones

"Old guys" ?
Depardieu was born in 1948 if I am not mistaken .Jagger looks a thousand time better than he does .

You don't know how right you are Sway. I saw Depardiou weeks ago in a flower shop (rue des Saints Pères in Paris) : he looked enormous, but not in a good way. He was bloated, fat, he could barely walk. Sick and sic...

Maybe he's prepairing for another episode of Asterix & Obelix? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 22, 2010 22:19

dcba
GD said in his youth he witnessed several amoral acts that now could be labelled as "rapes". Like drunk girls on a Saturday night involved in sexual intercourse on the trunk of a car with an equally drunk guy they barely know.

But sorry to "disappoint" you mickscarey, Gérard is NOT Ted Bundy.
He ain't as bas as Bill Clinton either...

Additionally, he was 9 years old. And its been accepted that the article was poorly translated to such an extent that it implied (incorrectly) that he was involved.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 22, 2010 22:19

Maybe Depardieu read Keith's long ago comment, "I love Paris but hate the French. You can almost time it on your watch how long before a Parisian treats you rudely when you go out."

A journalist once accompanied Keith down a Parisian sidewalk where Keith stopped at a newsstand and began flipping through a magazine. The clerk asked, "Are you going to pay for that?" Keith looked angrily at the clerk and then tore the magazine in half.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 22, 2010 22:31

Brando made similar comments about the Stones...

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 22, 2010 22:37

French is such a beautiful spoken language even when they are speaking gibberish.......

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 22, 2010 22:58

stupidguy2

What did he say and when? That they are old and get too much money?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 22, 2010 23:01

stupidguy2

probably jealous cause of the way he blimped out...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 22, 2010 23:06

MKjan
stupidguy2

Yeah, big fat guys have the issue with Stones.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 22, 2010 23:15

MKjan
stupidguy2

Well hey say that Anita had something going on with Brando.. but they - Keith and Anita - named their first child after him... so go figure...

- Doxa

Date: October 22, 2010 23:23

Doxa
MKjan
stupidguy2

Well hey say that Anita had something going on with Brando.. but they - Keith and Anita - named their first child after him... so go figure...

- Doxa

yeah Doxa, what I am realizing more and more is how it is impossible to figure the Stones out... makes it all even more interesting to me....

Date: October 22, 2010 23:30

The ruckus stemmed from a TIME story about the French film star published in late January. Depardieu, 42, was asked about remarks he had made in an interview published in 1978 in the magazine Film Comment in which he described his rough childhood and said, "I had plenty of rapes, too many to count." Asked by a TIME reporter if he had participated in rapes, Depardieu said yes. "But it was absolutely normal in those circumstances," he added. "That was part of my childhood."

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 22, 2010 23:32

Words from a bloated French fart.Stuff some French fries in your mouth and shut up.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: October 22, 2010 23:50

v

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-23 00:28 by misterfrias.

Date: October 22, 2010 23:59

Freedom Fries!

and now they are ballyaching about having to work - get ready for this - past the age of 60. poor kiddies.

Date: October 23, 2010 00:03

mickscarey
Freedom Fries!

and now they are ballyaching about having to work - get ready for this - past the age of 60. poor kiddies.

I think working for forty years and probably being underpaid is enough to hit the streets after being told to tack on 2 more.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 23, 2010 00:03

stupidguy2

Brando told PLAYBOY: "You're not going to call The Rolling Stones artists. I heard somebody compare them—or The Beatles—to Bach. It was claimed they had created something as memorable and as important as Bach, Haydn, Mozart and Schubert. I hate rock 'n' roll. It's ugly."

But Brando tried to seduce Anita, "He read me poetry," but Anita didn't submit. So maybe he held a grudge from that!

Date: October 23, 2010 00:07

mickscarey
The ruckus stemmed from a TIME story about the French film star published in late January. Depardieu, 42, was asked about remarks he had made in an interview published in 1978 in the magazine Film Comment in which he described his rough childhood and said, "I had plenty of rapes, too many to count." Asked by a TIME reporter if he had participated in rapes, Depardieu said yes. "But it was absolutely normal in those circumstances," he added. "That was part of my childhood."

..and you've read and understood the original French text of said interview, of course?

From imdb.com :

Time magazine ran a profile that mistakenly suggested that Depardieu might have "participated" in a rape at the age of nine. The claim was based on an interview carried out 13 years earlier and was the result of an incorrect translation. Depardieu is now careful about proper translation.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home