Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Sir Keith the phony
Posted by: Errol ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:12

How come if Keith claims now that the stones were Ian Stewarts band that after he and Mick got rid of oldham that they didn't make Stewart an official member is that because they d have to pay stu so all this luv Keith professes now sounds like crap it was Brian jones band

Re: Sir Keith the phony
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:15

oh, well. i sure like the way he played that guitar...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:16

People. Sometimes. Realize. Things. Later. On. In. Life.

Date: December 8, 2011 17:20

Stu was by far the best musician in the band at that time. Keith looked up to him musically. I guess that's why he wrote that passage in Life...

Date: December 8, 2011 17:24

Um, Keith is not a Sir and not a phony.

Sorry you think so.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:25

Keith wasn't much higher in the pecking order with the Stones back then...If you want to get paid
let alone become a star you will listen to mangement!

But i think Keith is trying to say is that Stu was the real heart and soul of the
band..He was so loved by everyone that they did everything they could do to keep him
a part of the group..

I also believe that Stu himself agreed with the move..?

Date: December 8, 2011 17:30

Sir Errol, might I suggest reading a book on punctuation before starting more threads. Either that or making sure you haven't skipped your medication.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:31

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Sir Errol, might I suggest reading a book on punctuation before starting more threads.

do books on punctuation have any words or pictures?

Date: December 8, 2011 17:34

The ones about periods do.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:34

Errol
How come if Keith claims now that the stones were Ian Stewarts band that after he and Mick got rid of oldham that they didn't make Stewart an official member is that because they d have to pay stu so all this luv Keith professes now sounds like crap it was Brian jones band

ferry vunny

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:36

and cue the Stones fans who feel as though Errol just insulted a family member and therefore feel the need to direct insults back at him. eye rolling smiley

Date: December 8, 2011 17:39

Keith from 1969 to 1982 could have brought stu in as an official member obviously he didn't because he would have had to Pay him andtherefore did not believe while stu was alive that it was his band a similar point Keith now says he wishes Taylor never left but how come when Taylor contacted the stones according to bill wyman a year after he quit about rejoining he was refused this is not fiction bill wyman was quoted as saying this

Date: December 8, 2011 17:42

Errol
Keith from 1969 to 1982 could have brought stu in as an official member obviously he didn't because he would have had to Pay him andtherefore did not believe while stu was alive that it was his band a similar point Keith now says he wishes Taylor never left but how come when Taylor contacted the stones according to bill wyman a year after he quit about rejoining he was refused this is not fiction bill wyman was quoted as saying this

Keith was being polite/was marketing the Exile-release. Never heard him say that (about Taylor before).

What makes you think Keith had the power to make that call alone (Stu)?

Date: December 8, 2011 17:45

I'm more worried about Muddy painting the Goddamn ceiling than I am Stu being made a band member.

Date: December 8, 2011 17:47

Poor Nicky Hopkins would have been out of a job..

And as i remember it, it was Mick Taylor who quit the Stones. Just before they wanted
to tour American...I'd be really pissed if i was Mick or Keith...

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:51

Errol
... Keith now says he wishes Taylor never left but how come when Taylor contacted the stones according to bill wyman a year after he quit about rejoining he was refused this is not fiction bill wyman was quoted as saying this

News to these eyes too.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 8, 2011 17:54

Do I smell a troll ?

Date: December 8, 2011 17:59

True---I don't ever remember Mick Taylor EVER saying he wanted to rejoin the Stones..

Also I don't recall Bill saying it...And i don't think Taylor would....Plus Woodie was touring with
the band in 1976! No way Taylor would have had the balls to ask for his job back while Woodie
was touring..

Date: December 8, 2011 18:00

If Sir Keith wasn't such a phony he would have made Nicky Hopkins a Stone too since Nicky was the best musician they ever had and Sir Keith the Phony should have made Billy Preston a Stone too since he was the best organ player they ever had and his cock-dance with Jagger put the Horrendous to shame and if Sir Keith the Phony wasn't such a phony as his title implies he would have made Mac a Stone too since he was a Small Face and a Face although that's one and the same according to Jann Wenner and Mac fit with the band personality-wise better than any other keyboard player and as all good Taylorites know after 1974 it was all about personality not playing oh and bowing make that it was all about personality and bowing and while we're at it if Sir Keith the Phony was even half the man Errol Flynn was he would pony up and make Chuck a Stone because he's played with them longer than any other keyboard player and when I think of Errol Flynn I think of Captain Blood and Captain Blood makes me think of Captain Jack Sparrow and when I think of Captain Jack Sparrow I end up thinking about Sir Keith the Phony and oh my Clapton sometimes when I think about it I hate Sir Keith the Phony so much I have to tell myself he's a nobody he's nothing just a tiny todger tall tale telling tit

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 8, 2011 18:16

Edith Grove
Do I smell a troll ?
now now, don't go dropping that t-word. this isn't the 1950s where every person that criticizes the US is automatically labeled a communist. just because one's opinion is different than yours doesn't mean that he's a troll.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 8, 2011 18:22

WilliamPatrickMaynard -> That may have been close to the perfect post for this Thread if only You could have been a bit more random with your Capitalization

peace
mr dja

Date: December 8, 2011 18:31

True, but it was a burst of energy trying to cover more bases than just this thread. It's not easy amusing myself you know.

Date: December 8, 2011 18:33

Don't be such a trollophobe, GumbootCloggeroo, the word is only offensive when it isn't used by other trolls. When we call ourselves a troll, it's actually empowering.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 8, 2011 18:33

I do know it's not easy. I only had to type 1+ line and I had to work at it! Keep up the good work!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 8, 2011 18:37

God, that was funny.

Date: December 8, 2011 18:46

Thank you, Tele. Much appreciated.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 8, 2011 18:51

It was written somewhere, in a fairly good source, (perhaps Wyman's book, I don't remember), where Taylor may have realized a potential mistake and called a number of times in the couple of years following his departure, asking what the Stones were doing and suggesting they get together. It was implied that Mick and Keith ignored him. It was *not* suggested from what I read, that Taylor was necessarily expecting to be a member of the band again.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: December 8, 2011 18:58

It's true that Keith never had such high praise of Stu until after he died.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 8, 2011 19:06

WilliamPatrickMaynard

LOL

(ps... I disagree with part A6.)

Date: December 8, 2011 19:06

To all you so called stones experts the quote attributable to wyman was about a year and a half after he quit he called and you don't just let people rejoin that fast try googling it I don't know if this is a false quote or not but it was published several years ago in a book

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1554
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home