Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Richards - Jagger / What's the track?
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: October 13, 2010 03:29

sorry bout my momentary memory lapse, but what is the only song credited to Richards-Jagger?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Richards - Jagger / What's the track?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 13, 2010 03:45

I'm waiting with baited breath for the answer to this one.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 13, 2010 03:57

I seem to remember Gotta Get Away as credited to Richards/Jagger on my vinyl album. I'll have to track it down; my vinyl is a mess, though.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: October 13, 2010 05:07

Every track listed on Love You Live, I believe it was. For some reason they were just listed that way on that album....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 13, 2010 06:27

Black And Blue has it that way as well. Doesn't it? Wasn't it Richard instead of Richards? He didn't change it to Richards until Some Girls as I recall.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: October 13, 2010 09:12

Gotta Get Away is correct. At least on the old London vinyl December's Children.

[www.non-filters.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-13 09:13 by nonfilter.

Date: October 13, 2010 11:04

skipstone
Black And Blue has it that way as well. Doesn't it? Wasn't it Richard instead of Richards? He didn't change it to Richards until Some Girls as I recall.

Way earlier. 1971, wasn't it?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 13, 2010 11:52

skipstone

I don't think he's referring to the spelling, but rather the order of their names - usually Mick's name is listed first.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 13, 2010 12:31

>> Way earlier. 1971, wasn't it? <<

the spelling? in a larger sense, it was always Richards, since that was always his legal name
(and it tended to come into the public eye every time he had one of his legal scenarios,
as well as in occasional autographs, credits, etc) but it was in the late 70s that he dropped the s-less version

Date: October 13, 2010 12:41

The official use of "Richard" (after his hero? winking smiley Cliff) stopped round 1971. That was my point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-13 12:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: October 13, 2010 14:28

he used Richards then Richard and has been back with Richards since 78

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: October 13, 2010 14:54

Heart Of Stone is also credited to Richard/Jagger on the original UK single.

About the extra "s". I think it first appeared on the UK Street Fighting Man single in 1968.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-13 14:55 by Hillside Blues.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 13, 2010 18:20

skipstone

He alternated between Richard and Richards until Richards stuck on Some Girls and thereafter. He is both on different credits on Exile.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 13, 2010 18:31

>> The official use of "Richard" ... stopped round 1971 <<

it more like 78 that the s-less form was dropped altogether in the songwriting credits, the press, etc -
and even then it lingered in various situations: on the Barbarian tour Woody and Mac often introduced him as Keith Richard
but then, throughout the 70s Mick used both forms when introducing him, so it pretty clearly wasn't a major deal

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 13, 2010 18:40

Wasn't Hurricane credited like that?

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:23

Adams
Wasn't Hurricane credited like that?

In that order yes. It says written by Keith Richards and Mick Jagger.

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: October 14, 2010 18:19

Every track listed on Love You Live, I believe it was. For some reason they were just listed that way on that album....

Yes, Tumblingdice, that's what I thought, the CD reissue has Jagger/Richard(s) but I'm sure the original vinyl edition was Richard(s)/Jagger

It was in support of Keith - 1977 the infamous Toronto bust.

PS anybody got a scan of Love You Live vinyl label to confirm . . . mine's up the loft!

Cheers

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 14, 2010 23:21

Here's the full story about the "S" of RICHARD(S)

BEST # 128 March 1979

Framed text about the S

Q : On your Single ( The Harder they come/Run Rudolph Run) RICHARD is printed with an S, so S or not S what's your name ?

A : Oh yes that's my name.Andrew OLDHAM told me during the 60's , remove your S,
it will be better throw it away, I told him OK .But in fact, there had been so many times that medias and cops used my real name with the S, as if they would like put a S between me and the rest of the world.This S followed me everywhere.
So now I got two names, and each time I see it , I told to myself oh this time
they used this one, I look at my single and I told to myself once again they used the other one.It has nothing to do with me, a Manager didn't want the S, and a President of a Label want it (Ahmet ERTEGUN).It's a kind of game, they play with it.

Q : You could suffer from schizophrenia ?

A : Hummmm, Dr JEKYLL and Mr HYDE, RICHARDS and RICHARD , yes I believe that's it, but it's the S which suffer from schizophrenia not me (laughs)

As the single has been released in 1978, it's probably during 1978 that the S was added.I've done my best for the translation don't ask me for the rest winking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-14 23:21 by Honestman.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: October 14, 2010 23:30

I don't have a scan to confirm but I do have the album boxed up and can confirm that yes, it is that way. My own eyes have seen it...lol

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: October 15, 2010 08:51

Those were really the first pictures where Keith had really changed apperence wise.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1988
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home