Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith on the cover of Rolling Stone OCT. 28,2010
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 13, 2010 00:02

Re: Keith on the cover of Rolling Stone OCT. 28,2010
Posted by: Dali ()
Date: October 13, 2010 00:14

He's looking better than this:

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 13, 2010 00:19

Keith's highly-anticipated autobiography, Life, isn't due in stores until October 26, but Rolling Stone will offer an advance look at the book when they publish a 10,000 word excerpt in the next issue, due at newsstands on October 15. Keep your eyes open for this issue, which will also feature Keith on the cover.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 13, 2010 00:27

One of Keith's best pictures in a very long time.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: October 13, 2010 00:36

How many packs a day do Keith and Mick smoke?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 13, 2010 01:13

I've often wondered how many Keith actually smokes or if its kinda a prop like Ole Blues Eyes employed sometimes. Mick quit how many years ago now? Since the 80s maybe?

Oh, and great pic! Keith looks like quite the gentleman and scholar!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-13 01:15 by scottkeef.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 13, 2010 01:16

scottkeef
I've often wondered how many Keith actually smokes or if its kinda a prop like Ole Blues Eyes employed sometimes. Mick quit how many years ago now? Since the 80s maybe?

Well, I don't think Keith is even aware of it--in these pictures he wouldn't know what to do with himself if he didn't have a cigarette in his hands.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 13, 2010 01:30

Agreed Justin! What about Mick? Do you recall when he quit? I thought I remember reading about him stating something about it on the 81 tour, talking about how he ran so many miles and gave up the cigs to stay in shape for the shows but I cant be sure.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2010 02:00

Keith is a smoker - that is much is obvsious, surely? - yet it is a prop and has been so since he quit heroin. The cigaretes were always there, but everyone smoked in the 60's.

It's just part of his look. Sime as that.

Mick quit 30+ years ago.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 13, 2010 02:42

Is this a tie-in to the book or the Depp film?

Date: October 13, 2010 02:47

Keith Richards without a cigarette in his mouth just wouldn't be Keith Richards.

I am guessing that Charlie and Bill also kicked the habit.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 13, 2010 04:13

he looks very well.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: October 13, 2010 09:20

I read one Keith interview, don't remember which one, where he said he smoked about a half a pack a day until photo shoots came along, then every photographer made him smoke one after another. Bill still smokes, Charlie quit in the late 70s or early 80s I heard when he got throat cancer. Mick was still smoking in the early 80s according to some book I have. Don't remember which book either. Then he smoked one more cigarette in 1993 on SNL impersonating Keith, but he may have not inhaled.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: Mooseman ()
Date: October 13, 2010 09:59

Im not a smoker but my mum is and I have noticed a few things about smokers by watching my mum. You guys say smoking is part of his image well thats obvious BUT now heres the but, some smokers have an emotional dependancy on smokes not just physical. I have seen people who smoke and will be holding one and wont even smoke it and I ask why they are smokers yet they arent smoking the lit cigarette they are holding and they answer that they like to know its there like they would feel lost without it.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 13, 2010 10:41

THE main man in rock and roll at 66 years of age .Great photo of one bad ass rocker. My rock and roll idol.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 13, 2010 10:48

>> one Keith interview ... where he said he smoked about a half a pack a day until photo shoots came along <<

there's a video of that - i'm sure someone around here has a link to it:
someone's asking Keith about a photo - whether he agrees that it epitomizes rock & roll.
"well it did that day," says Keith :E
then they discuss the problem of every photographer wanting him to smoke

and yeah: Keith's lookin mighty fine on the cover there

Posted by: Layladylay ()
Date: October 13, 2010 11:14

Im afraid to get my expectations up but truth is, they are. Im pretty excited about this. I have heard that Keith is a dedicated reader, and we know his perspective is intelligent and unique. I am so hopeful this won`t be a run of the mill celebrity ghost-write.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2010 12:37

Mick quit sometime between Some Girls and Tattoo You, I think. The are pictures of him smoking circa '78, but haven't seen any from the 1980's. Charlie was still smoking around the time of Dirty Work buthad quit by Steel Whels and Bill - believe it or not - has recently quit, too.

I'd bet that the only truely heavy smoker today is Ronnie.

Date: October 13, 2010 13:07

Keith is going to be gracing a lot of magazine covers in the next month or so. The real mighty Stones Promo machine gets into gear for this one. Not like Ron who has to cut & paste his own promotion together. He has done well though, because IMO the quality is there this time with the album and also his newer artwork style is beter. At least he is not copying rock photos.
I'm sure Charlie can help himself to the Stonez Promo if needed; I think it is there implied with his Jazz act. But Mick and Keith surely get 100%.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 13, 2010 14:28

Thwy should have waited and put Solomon Burke on the cover.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 13, 2010 15:12

These covers are planned well in advance, planned to go with promotional activity etc.. The publishers would never have had time (also, who's the biggest draw?)

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 13, 2010 15:15

it´s about time for a new outfit!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 13, 2010 16:00

Yes It's a nice cover! And a 10.000 word excerpt from the book is quite generous, too.
And btw, the former head of the conglomerate of book clubs in Norway, an experienced litterature agent / consultant has just read Keith's book and he says: This is one of the most fabulous biographies I've ever read. And definitely the best autobiography! So - there!

Anyway - I quite like this photo of him, too... It's from the back of the book cover.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-13 16:05 by Addicted.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: October 13, 2010 16:41

he looks here like Leonard Cohen

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 13, 2010 17:03

with sssoul
>> one Keith interview ... where he said he smoked about a half a pack a day until photo shoots came along <<

there's a video of that - i'm sure someone around here has a link to it:
someone's asking Keith about a photo - whether he agrees that it epitomizes rock & roll.
"well it did that day," says Keith :E
then they discuss the problem of every photographer wanting him to smoke

and yeah: Keith's lookin mighty fine on the cover there

you probably mean this one, right?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 13, 2010 17:06

kEITH'S BACK and looking better then ever...Now lets get a new Stones album...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 13, 2010 17:14

Is the cover shot for Rolling Stone taken by Annie Leibovitz or who, anyone know?

Date: October 13, 2010 17:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-14 02:10 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 13, 2010 17:20

Palace Revolution 2000
Keith is going to be gracing a lot of magazine covers in the next month or so. The real mighty Stones Promo machine gets into gear for this one. Not like Ron who has to cut & paste his own promotion together. He has done well though, because IMO the quality is there this time with the album and also his newer artwork style is beter. At least he is not copying rock photos.
I'm sure Charlie can help himself to the Stonez Promo if needed; I think it is there implied with his Jazz act. But Mick and Keith surely get 100%.
Yeah they're already cranking it out. Didn't think it was possible .But I may vary well end up being sick of it,depending how thick they lay it on.

Posted by: mistervinyl ()
Date: October 13, 2010 17:26

Great to see him look so good.

Another blood change, uh, uh, uh ??? winking smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home