Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith on the cover of Rolling Stone OCT. 28,2010
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 13, 2010 18:19

>> you probably mean this one, right? <<

ohh thank you, open-g honey!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 13, 2010 19:00

Glad to see Keith on the cover of Rolling Stone.

Could have done without the fag though, image or not.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: October 13, 2010 20:04

he looks great alright, but surely there's a bit of Photoshopping going on there?

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 13, 2010 20:06

textmonkey
he looks great alright, but surely there's a bit of Photoshopping going on there?

a bit??? winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:04

keith should not allow photos like this out there!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:34

Don't get too carried away with the photos of him...he will had had a make up session prior to the photo shoot and then god knows hoe much air brushing it has had. He's alive, who cares what he looks like

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:40

crumbling_mice
He's alive, who cares what he looks like

the argument that has been working for him for 4 decades now.....

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: October 13, 2010 22:07

open-g
with sssoul
>> one Keith interview ... where he said he smoked about a half a pack a day until photo shoots came along <<

there's a video of that - i'm sure someone around here has a link to it:
someone's asking Keith about a photo - whether he agrees that it epitomizes rock & roll.
"well it did that day," says Keith :E
then they discuss the problem of every photographer wanting him to smoke

and yeah: Keith's lookin mighty fine on the cover there

you probably mean this one, right?

I love this clip, I haven't seen it before

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: October 13, 2010 22:26

I've read that Mick smokes some time(dont know does he still,but did for years).He quit in 80's,but have been party time smoker after that.There was story about him 60th birthday.He was drunk first time for years and smoked a pack of KOOL in party.

somebody wrote Bill has quit?I thought he's hard smoker,but dont know for sure.
Ronnie is seemingly hard smoker.There's never randomphotos without cigarette.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: October 13, 2010 22:40

I think the danger of smoking cigarettes is exaggerated. I am not a smoker, but I am tired of all the scare tactics. Keith and Ron Wood smoke regularly and have had no bad effects from it.

I bet Keith smokes Marlboros though.

Date: October 13, 2010 22:42

I've read that Mick smokes some time(dont know does he still,but did for years).He quit in 80's,but have been party time smoker after that.There was story about him 60th birthday.He was drunk first time for years and smoked a pack of KOOL in party.

That's Mick Jagger trying to act black. 90 percent of the people who smoke KOOL menthol cigarettes are black.

Most white men smoke Marlboros, not KOOL.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 13, 2010 22:47

mitchflorida
I

That's Mick Jagger trying to act black.

He's made a career of it.

Date: October 13, 2010 22:57

"That's Mick Jagger trying to act black. 90 percent of the people who smoke KOOL menthol cigarettes are black.

Most white men smoke Marlboros, not KOOL."

-i'm from finland.Dont know anything about tobacco culture in america or U.K.Thats just what i've seen in magazine.Mick just smoked hardly sometimes(with alcohol) in night or two in 90's.
KOOL is not for sale in here scandinavia.Is it comparable for marlboros in image?

"I think the danger of smoking cigarettes is exaggerated. I am not a smoker, but I am tired of all the scare tactics."
-it's very exaggerated.There's bigpharma with those nicotinesubstitutes.money...money

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 13, 2010 23:01

textmonkey

...or other procedure.

Date: October 13, 2010 23:23

mitchflorida
I think the danger of smoking cigarettes is exaggerated. I am not a smoker, but I am tired of all the scare tactics. Keith and Ron Wood smoke regularly and have had no bad effects from it.

are you comletely crazy???????????????? no bad effects??????????? what????????

Date: October 13, 2010 23:52

it's just a big conspiracy to keep the anti-cigarette industry thriving....everyone knows that....

Date: October 13, 2010 23:54

"are you comletely crazy???????????????? no bad effects??????????? what???????"

-most famous bad effects of smoking are said to be lung cancer,strokes and cardiovasculars.Ronnie or keith have't suffered lung cancer,strokes or cardiovascular diseases.
most of their worn out appearance is cause of drugs& unlimited booze.And actually both of them looks good in thei sixties.

Date: October 13, 2010 23:58

famous bad effects - sounds like a lifetime academy award achievement category or something....

Date: October 14, 2010 00:00

RaahenTiikeri
"That's Mick Jagger trying to act black. 90 percent of the people who smoke KOOL menthol cigarettes are black.

-i'm from finland.Dont know anything about tobacco culture in america or U.K.Thats just what i've seen in magazine.Mick just smoked hardly sometimes(with alcohol) in night or two in 90's.
KOOL is not for sale in here scandinavia.Is it comparable for marlboros in image?

"I think the danger of smoking cigarettes is exaggerated. I am not a smoker, but I am tired of all the scare tactics."
-it's very exaggerated.There's bigpharma with those nicotinesubstitutes.money...money

KOOL is a menthol-flavored cigarette, not a normal tasting cigarette. For whatever reason, blacks like menthol-flavored smokes . .don't have any idea why, but it is true. On top of this, KOOL targets the black consumer.

Smoking tobacco is not good for you, but it does tend to keep people's weight down a little bit, as people substitute smoking a cigarette for eating food. And many people gain weight after quitting . . obesity is also a big health hazard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-14 00:01 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2010 00:06

And many people gain weight after quitting

That's cause most of 'em move over ta chocolate....

ROCKMAN

Re: Keith on the cover of Rolling Stone OCT. 28,2010 (EXCERPT)
Date: October 14, 2010 00:13

[www.rollingstone.com]

Keith Richards on His Remarkable New Memoir, ‘Life’
In the latest issue of ‘Rolling Stone’ the 66-year-old guitarist talks about his highs, lows and death-defying excesses

By David Fricke
Oct 13, 2010 3:05 PM EDT

The following is an excerpt of an article from the October 28, 2010 issue of Rolling Stone. This issue is available tomorrow on newsstands, and Friday, October 15 online via Rolling Stone's premium subscription plan

"I don't think I looked for it," Keith Richards says in a low, even growl. The Rolling Stones guitarist is talking about trouble, the kind that runs through his autobiography, Life, like a hellbound train: drugs, cops, cold turkey, death and the turbulent relationship between Richards and his Glimmer Twin and childhood friend, singer Mick Jagger.

"That's just the way things pan out," Richards says, sitting in his manager's New York office and sipping a late-afternoon cocktail from a red plastic cup. "Conflicts arise all the time, especially if you're working in such a closed unit." There is a rumbling chuckle. "If I'm in conflict with somebody, then it means somebody is in conflict with me."

Photos: See five decades of the hottest live shots of the Rolling Stones

The title of Richards' book is a simple, accurate description of the contents: the 66-year-old guitarist's highs, lows and death-defying excesses, from birth to now, vividly related in his natural pirate-hipster cadence and syntax. Life opens with a comic roller-coaster account of a last-minute rescue from hard time in Arkansas during the Stones' 1975 tour. Richards, who wrote the book with British author James Fox, then goes long and deep on his postwar boyhood — an only child of divorced parents in the rough London suburb of Dartford — and the emotional rescue he found in American blues, the formation of the Rolling Stones and his creative bond with Jagger. At one point, Richards describes a recent trip to Dartford, visiting old haunts like the three-room flat over a grocery where he, his mother, Doris, and father, Bert, lived from 1949 to 1952. "It's almost like you're looking at somebody else," Richards says now. "Then you start to feel small things, like the smell of a gas lamp or my grandmother shuffling around and my grandfather going, 'Make the boy some egg and chips.'"

Photos: Inside the making of Exile on Main Street

Richards relates, with blunt detail, the outlaw rush and sordid daily routine of his decade-long affair with heroin, which he ended in 1979. "If I hadn't looked back on that, something would have been missing," he contends. "When I was taking dope, I was fully convinced that my body is my temple. I can do anything I want with it, and nobody can tell me yea or nay." But Richards also counts the damage from his choices: the loss of cosmic cowboy and fellow user Gram Parsons; the hellish descent of Richards' lover Anita Pallenberg; and the death of his infant son, Tara, in 1976 while Richards was on tour. "Leaving a newborn is something I can't forgive myself for," says Richards in Life.

"The first time we talked about that," Fox says, "Keith couldn't get out more than five words. Then we realized we had to go back to it. He told me that he thought about it every week."

See Keith Richards on the cover of Rolling Stone

Fox, who wrote the 1983 true-crime book White Mischief, first interviewed Richards in 1973 for a London newspaper. For Life, Fox says he and Richards "talked in topics and periods, never chronologically," for several days at a stretch, up to three hours a day, starting in late 2007. Life includes eyewitness testimony from people close to Richards who were interviewed by Fox, such as singer Ronnie Spector ("an early love") and saxophonist Bobby Keys. But Fox did not speak to the other Stones. "I did try," he says, noting, "There is a tradition among Rolling Stones of not having anything to do with each other's books."

Life is ultimately two stories: one of music, misbehavior and survival; the other a fond, perplexed, sometimes outraged telling of Richards' life with Jagger, including their battles over control and the destiny of their band. "I had a feeling Mick would have no problem with the truth," Richards claims. He goes quiet for a moment. "No doubt I was as infuriating to him as he can be to me."

See the Rolling Stones on the cover of Rolling Stone

Jagger read Life, Richards says, "and he was a bit peeved about this and that." But, the guitarist insists, "Mick and I are still great friends and still want to work together." Richards' proof: He and Jagger talked over the summer about new Stones action in 2011. There is another of those earthquake cackles. "Can you imagine if life went along smoothly and everybody agreed?" Richards asks. "Nothing would happen. There'd be no blues. There'd be no 'Happy,'" referring to his iconic blaze of joy on 1972's Exile on Main Street. There would certainly be no Life.

The above is an excerpt of an article from the October 28, 2010 issue of Rolling Stone. This issue is available tomorrow on newsstands, and Friday, October 15 online via Rolling Stone's premium subscription plan

Date: October 14, 2010 00:17

RaahenTiikeri
"are you comletely crazy???????????????? no bad effects??????????? what???????"

-most famous bad effects of smoking are said to be lung cancer,strokes and cardiovasculars.Ronnie or keith have't suffered lung cancer,strokes or cardiovascular diseases.
most of their worn out appearance is cause of drugs& unlimited booze.And actually both of them looks good in thei sixties.

they don´t look good, and didn´t since they were 40.
look into their faces, their skin. they look definately older than they are. keith looked like 70 when he was 50.

now imagine what their vessels, lung, every body cell looks like.

keiths definately appears calcified and senil for many years. same with wood.

just because they had no stroke yet (if keith hadn´t) doesn´t mean their brains are ok.

ever listened to their voices. sure their lungs are working properly?

would you bet on keiths coronary vessels to not @#$%& up like a ticking time bomb.

are you sure he hasn´t had an prophylactic intervention on his heart yet which safed him from having an attack? even macca had it.

smoking and drinking kills a lot more people than heroin, cokain, .. you name it.

none the less smoking is allowed.

if at all there is a big cigarette industry. it would be forbidden if governments wouldn´t make that much money from it.

they actually forbid it now in places, and in advertisements even though they loose money.

if you think inhaling smoke is not too bad why don´t you move your house on top of the next generating plant and put your nose into it and inhale exhaust fumes all day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-14 00:20 by stoneswashed77.

Date: October 14, 2010 00:23

mitchflorida
RaahenTiikeri

KOOL is a menthol-flavored cigarette, not a normal tasting cigarette. For whatever reason, blacks like menthol-flavored smokes . .don't have any idea why, but it is true. On top of this, KOOL targets the black consumer.

Smoking tobacco is not good for you, but it does tend to keep people's weight down a little bit, as people substitute smoking a cigarette for eating food. And many people gain weight after quitting . . obesity is also a big health hazard.

i didn't realize you tobacco lobbyists had a branch in florida....

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 14, 2010 00:28

bandana era is over. Hat on.
Style

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 14, 2010 00:57

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

This whole "possesive Mick" has always been interesting to me. Jagger may be a jealous and possesive person to some degree, but Keith has always seemed to me resentful and supsicious of anyone who took Jagger's attention away from the Stones.
And poor Mick, as much as he's put up with Keith's addictions and verbal slings, all he can do is just take it. Because for many what Keith says, is gospel.
First Jerry offers her truth and now his best friend.
Poor guy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2010 01:03

Mick's tuffer than ya think......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: October 14, 2010 01:08

stoneswashed77
mitchflorida

are you comletely crazy???????????????? no bad effects??????????? what????????

My mom smoked for about 55 years and she's in terrible shape now because of it - she nearly died about a month ago. Had an ambulance ride to the hospital, and had 2 blood transfusions while she was there - gave me quite a scare.

She doesn't have lung cancer (thank God), but she does have emphysema and peripheral artery disease (PAD). Due to the PAD, she can't stay on her feet too long and can barely walk. And because of the emphysema, she has to use an oxygen tank all the time.

She smoked KOOL cigarettes up until she quit about 6-7 years ago. I used to swipe one every once in a while when I was a teenager, and they tasted terrible!

She is 12 years older than Keef. Keef has such a strong constitution that I wouldn't be surprised if he lives to be 100 with no problems (At least I hope so).

Date: October 14, 2010 01:14

they don´t look good, and didn´t since they were 40.
look into their faces, their skin. they look definately older than they are. keith looked like 70 when he was 50.

-subjective opinions.I think especially ronnie looks good considering his age.

now imagine what their vessels, lung, every body cell looks like.
-imagine?Why to imagine...they are living persons and seemingly better shape than many other in their sixties....we don't know their health tomorrow or next week

keiths definately appears calcified and senil for many years. same with wood.
-?????Ok,keith seemed bad in 2007.But wood?

just because they had no stroke yet (if keith hadn´t) doesn´t mean their brains are ok.
-nothing means nothing...idont see nothing why their brains would not to be ok.

ever listened to their voices. sure their lungs are working properly?
-i'dont think its about lungs.their voices are burnt by f*#?ing big load of alcohol.

would you bet on keiths coronary vessels to not @#$%& up like a ticking time bomb.
-he should have died for many times...for many reason.I think Gus Dupree was a alcoholic for 50yrs..

are you sure he hasn´t had an prophylactic intervention on his heart yet which safed him from having an attack? even macca had it.
-no,im not sure.Are you?

smoking and drinking kills a lot more people than heroin, cokain, .. you name it.
-traffic kills more people than heroin,cokain.occupational accidents kills more people than heroin,cokain..So?Im not saying smoking and drinking are act for health.But they indeed are not that bad we are told(actually smoking).There's lot of money in business.

[

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 14, 2010 01:28

stupidguy2
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

This whole "possesive Mick" has always been interesting to me. Jagger may be a jealous and possesive person to some degree, but Keith has always seemed to me resentful and supsicious of anyone who took Jagger's attention away from the Stones.
And poor Mick, as much as he's put up with Keith's addictions and verbal slings, all he can do is just take it. Because for many what Keith says, is gospel.
First Jerry offers her truth and now his best friend.
Poor guy.

From all I've read one can get that Keith is much more possesive towards Mick then the opposite." I’ve no doubt in retrospect that Mick was very jealous of me having other male friends,’Keith said.

But he himself was jealous of Mick's women, starting from Bianca. Unlike him Mick doesnt speak about it at any opportunity.
you are wrong,stupidguy2,saying "Poor Mick", he is ok, poor Keith cant stop fighting for 1st place.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 14, 2010 01:49

proudmary

From all I've read one can get that Keith is much more possesive towards Mick then the opposite." I’ve no doubt in retrospect that Mick was very jealous of me having other male friends,’Keith said.

But he himself was jealous of Mick's women, starting from Bianca. Unlike him Mick doesnt speak about it at any opportunity.
you are wrong,stupidguy2,saying "Poor Mick", he is ok, poor Keith cant stop fighting for 1st place.

Absolutely true ProudMary,
This is another thread, but this always bugged the shit out of me. I love Keith, but he can be a whiny, little bitch, in spite of the big, bad boots and leather jackets and scarves and knives.
The only one of Mick's women that Keith didn't have a problem with was Marianne and I always suspected that was because she was part of that whole communal, drug thing when they were young and their lives revolved around each other. When Bianca came along, Keith acted like a 13-year old kid complaining about his best buddy letting a girl into the club house. That whole thing was about Anita's own petty jealousies and obsession with wanting to control every facet of the Stones (especially Mick) and her paranoia brought out the petty BS in Keith, because she could control him to an extent and up to a point, until he found Patti. I always suspected Keith as the possesive one. Mick has said that Keith is an only child and therefore, can be insecure and sometimes 'bigoted', that was Mick's word.
Ok Mary, we're going to get slammed for this.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home