Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MT "Jam" Scenario
Posted by: paulm ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:24

This is a fictitious portrayal of forthcoming "jam" in London.

KR and RW light each other ciggies and joke by the amplifiers while CW smirks like Kermit the Frog. Their heads all turn to the studio door, as hapless, frumpled slacks wearin', mortgage payin', no songwriting credits receivin' MT walks in with a hard-cased LP in hand. Enthusiastic "Hellos" and hugs are exchanged.

A blues shuffle jam in A ensues and fades. Smiles abound, then MT noodles out a little double-stop riff. The boys join in, and after a few minutes, KR motions to MT.

KR: That's cool man! What is that?

MT: Aw, just a throwaway thing I put together.

KR: Do that again...(motions to studio engineer) you gettin' this?

Engineer gives thumbs up. The band jams on riff. They take a break and grab drinks from the catered table in the lounge. MT hugs RW and gives him a kiss on the cheek, a la that youtube clip. They play another blues; it's around 11 p.m.

KR: Thanks for coming 'round Mick (Taylor)...bless yer heart, really (motions dramatically with X'd arms over chest).

MT: Yeah, it was fun.

KR, RW and CW all hug MT good bye. MT puts on his tan wool overcoat, picks up his LP and heads for the door.

KR: Mick, grab a ham sandwich on the way out...there's plenty to go around!

MT: (waving back good naturedly) Thanks mate, all set!

KR: Have you got fare for a cab?

MT: S'alright mate, I can make the 11:15 bus. G'night!

All: G'night!

Exit MT.

KR: Man, that was like old times...you like that Ronnie?

RW: S'great! He's really gifted, that one.

CW: He has such a touch.

KR: Glad we got the groove down...will have to run that by Jagger later.

Finis

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 15:27 by paulm.

Re: MT "Jam" Scenario
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 18, 2011 20:03

They won't close the door on getting his contribution for a future participation in an expanded "Let It Bleed" just like that. Paulm, you have posted a rather cynical scenario. But this fantasy shows people are really into the Stones getting back together and play some new music again.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 18, 2011 20:09

this is how it'll go down:

KR, CW, RW, and MJ are jamming. in walks MT. MT says not a word but begins staring at MJ's crotch while giggling to himself. MJ gets annoyed, asks MT what his problem is. MT says nothing while continuing to stare. MJ gets annoyed. MJ asks MT to leave. MT leaves. KR, CW, RW, and MJ continue jamming, awkwardly.

Date: November 18, 2011 23:29

billwebster
Paulm, you have posted a rather cynical scenario.

glad you picked up on that...kinda subtle...considering the biz end of how things went down with MT, I'm pretty spot on.

Ironic how the Verve's Bittersweet Symphony was trumped by the Stones' legal camp, while a former band member does not receive due songwriting credits.

MT is getting performance royalties from the new Google '73 releases...

right?? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 23:30 by paulm.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:39

paulm

MT is getting performance royalties from the new Google '73 releases...

right?? confused smiley

Those solos are all credited to Don Was on the yet to be released artwork...so no.

Thanks for the write up man!

Date: November 19, 2011 00:17

Munichhilton
Those solos are all credited to Don Was on the yet to be released artwork...so no.

Thanks for the write up man!

munichhilton you're kidding right? nothing would surprise me...if so MT needs to stand up for himself for a change. why am I so frustrated for MT? probably 'cuz I met the man several years ago at a show and the whole picture is somewhat disconcerting. dude is not living a life of means commensurate with his achievements and unrecognized intellectual property. all imo of course.

I am very happy that the camp is rolling out concert gems that we've all known about for years, but man, do the right thing!!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:30

I cannot officially admit I'm kidding.
I will kid in an unauthorized way...

as for MT he is like a lot of others who either didn't 'write' songs or own the publishing. There are a lot of talents eating outta the trash for dinner.

He'll be alright eventually.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 02:39

So where's Perks in this scenario?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:04

GumbootCloggeroo

KR, CW, RW, and MJ are jamming. in walks MT. MT says not a word but begins staring at MJ's crotch while giggling to himself. MJ gets annoyed, asks MT what his problem is. MT says nothing while continuing to stare. MJ gets annoyed. MJ asks MT to leave. MT leaves. KR, CW, RW, and MJ continue jamming, awkwardly.

Hey Gum, that shit is really funny.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 20, 2011 00:53

rollmops
GumbootCloggeroo

Hey Gum, that shit is really funny.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Funny? Primitive and childish come to mind. Maybe we should establish a minimum age requirement of thirteen to post here?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:41

paulm
billwebster
Ironic how the Verve's Bittersweet Symphony was trumped by the Stones' legal camp, while a former band member does not receive due songwriting credits.

Wasn't that rather Allen Klein's lawyers?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:47

Paulm, truly hillarious!

I sympathize with your thoughts on MT.

Probably shouldn't say it here but MT had problems inside his own head early on with the Stones. He never seemed to be a happy, secure person and Rose was a strange, bossy young lady. And don't ask me how I know. He was so talented and still is; wish he'd have a happy "third act."

Date: November 20, 2011 16:33

thanx 4 the props stonesrule cool smiley

agree with your take on MT, and seems you would know. I really am curious if he is being cut in on profits from these google releases. If not and I were him, I wouldn't be pumped to attend "jams" with the band, presumably gratis, pro bono, call it what you will.

if anyone can sleuth out this business end of things, would be interesting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-20 16:33 by paulm.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 25, 2011 00:43

I know for a fact that Taylor has no hard feelings regarding the Stones.
He wanted to move on; he has a history of that Like Hendrix, his idol, Taylor likes to keep moving forward.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 25, 2011 02:54

Ronnie's jammed with MT more then once this past year, I don't think anyone is going to be surprisingly gifted 40 years later, lol.

Keith glad he could get that complex groove down smiling smiley

Sorry was chuckling reading it. No offense intended.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home