Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
OT - Baseball - World Series 2010
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 7, 2010 04:22

Yankees vs. Twins

Rangers vs. Rays

Phillies vs. Reds

Giants vs. Braves

How about Roy Halladay throwing a no-hitter against the Cincinnati Reds.

And everyone thought Cliff Lee had a good game for Texas.

Re: OT - Baseball - World Series 2010
Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: October 7, 2010 05:55

Halladay No hitter incredible!! Wow. MEZ

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 7, 2010 05:56

I predict Yankees exit in first round. I like that NL has all pre-expansion teams (half of the original 8 NL teams in playoffs). Only two post-1961 teams of eight in playoffs. Both former Washington Senators franchises (Texas and Minnesota) in playoffs.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 7, 2010 05:59

Phillies look real tough. Anybody have any doubts Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball. But looking real forward to tomorrow when my beloved Gigantes start playing.smileys with beer

Date: October 7, 2010 06:14

Mark Teixeira justs cracks a two run home run putting the Yankees up 6 - 4 in the 7th. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My dream series matchup Yankees vs. Giants. (the former NY Giants)

The San Francisco Giants are a Major League Baseball (MLcool smiley team based in San Francisco, California, which currently plays in the National League West Division. One of the older baseball teams, the Giants have won the most games of any team in the history of American baseball.

The Giants played in New York City through the 1957 season, after which they moved west to California to become the San Francisco Giants. As the New York Giants, they won 17 pennants and 5 World Championships, from the era of John McGraw and Christy Mathewson to that of Bobby Thomson and Willie Mays. The Giants have not won a World Championship since 1954, and have never done so in San Francisco, for the third-longest championship drought among MLB teams behind those of the Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians (who were defeated by the Giants in the 1954 Series). The Giants have won three pennants in San Francisco. Game 7 of the 1962 World Series ended dramatically when a potential game-winning hit by Willie McCovey was caught. Most recently, a Giants team led by Barry Bonds lost to the Anaheim Angels in 2002. On October 3, 2010, the Giants became the National League West Champions and are currently headed to the playoffs for the first time in seven years.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: October 7, 2010 06:44

Phillies have the most talent overall I think, followed by the hated Yanks (Mez is diehard Red Sox fan), but I always admit Yanks talent. I think Rangers 3rd followed by Tampa (lots of speed), Giants next (phenomenal pitching)!!, Braves, Twins, Reds. Not sure how oddsmakers have them technically seeded, but this is how The MEZ sees it. Phillies beat the Yankees in the World Series. My wish matchup would be Giants over Texas for the championship!! MEZ

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 7, 2010 07:16

Phils will win it all.

Date: October 7, 2010 07:35

The Yankees Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 - 4 suckerstongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 7, 2010 07:49

I'm a Yankees fan from birth, but I'm not liking their chances this year. Having to use Rivera for a four-out save in game 1 with Sabathia pitching does not bode well. Who's left when Pettitte and Hughes can't make it through the fourth inning?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 7, 2010 10:38

Nobody will beat Philadelphia.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 7, 2010 15:05

leteyer

The rest of us can always hope. Phillies fans are insufferable enough already.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 7, 2010 15:39

I am a yankee fanatic - born in the Bronx lived on Sheridan Avenue two blocks from stadium. We have a great chance to get to the series again. If Andy P gains his post season form( He has won a record 18 post season games) bring on the Phillies. We can beat Halloday because out hitters are patience and will make Holladay work for every out.

play that guitar boy

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: October 7, 2010 16:48

ab
leteyer

They had busloads of them come down to DC when they played the Nationals. A guy just got sent to jail for deliberately puking on an 11 year old girl who was a Nationals fan. And the guy had a bunch of people vouch for his character in court!

Date: October 7, 2010 16:58

ab
leteyer

Exactly.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 7, 2010 17:25

Although I basically don't care for MLB and the "World" Series (the world's second most boring sport with the biggest irony - started in Europe and is now "America's past time"? What a joke) I hope Tampa (who, much like many other pro sports teams does not play in the actual city it is named after) takes it all this year.

Nobody knows who won it last year because it wasn't the Red Sox or the Yanks. It seems that that is all there is to talk about. Other teams winning it are just a blip - like when Tampa and St Louis won it in the last few years or whatever. They just don't get the hype that Boston and NY get.

Hell, if the Mets won it would only be a big deal in NY and in NJ. The rest of the United States doesn't give one toss.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: October 7, 2010 18:28

skipstone

Nobody knows who won it last year because it wasn't the Red Sox or the Yanks.
maybe it's just you...The Yankees DID win it in '09

Date: October 7, 2010 18:36

HA HA! They did? When did Philly win it?

Date: October 7, 2010 18:39

skipstone
HA HA! They did? When did Philly win it?
i don't know because it wasn't the Red Sox or the Yankees

Date: October 7, 2010 18:41

So that means...nobody won it that year.

Date: October 7, 2010 18:43

skipstone
So that means...nobody won it that year.
Philly won it in '08

Date: October 7, 2010 18:44

If no one is around to hear a tree fall...winking smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 7, 2010 20:10

Pretty good play by Ruiz at the end to seal Halladay's no-no.

Posted by: dj ()
Date: October 7, 2010 20:26

I was fortunate enough to have been at the Phillies-Reds game last night for Halladay's historic no-hitter. It was an incredible experience. I'm a lifelong Phillies fan. I think Philly fans get a bad rap. I've been to hundreds of sporting events, concerts etc. in my life and honestly can't ever recall any negative experiences. Media tends to blow it out of proportion, I think. Sure looked like 46,000 happy people last night.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 7, 2010 21:45

The G-Men shall prevail!! Posey Rookie of the Year!!!! Zito is OFF the roster so things are looking up...GOOOOOOOOOO GIANTS!!!

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: October 7, 2010 21:54

Rooting on my SF Giants too, former season ticket holder... made the last 2 World Series in both 1989 & 2002, let's hope 3's a Charm!!

Date: October 7, 2010 22:00

No Expectations
The G-Men shall prevail!! Posey Rookie of the Year!!!! Zito is OFF the roster so things are looking up...GOOOOOOOOOO GIANTS!!!
thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 7, 2010 22:44

ab
leteyer

I'm not rooting for them (Padres fan) but I just don't see a team that can beat them. Would like the Twins or the Rays to win it all, just don't think that's possible.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: October 7, 2010 23:44

Braves fan here....GO BRAVES!

nothing like baseball in October!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 8, 2010 00:13

The umpires are giving it to Texas !!

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: October 8, 2010 01:13

I'm a die hard Yankees fan who lives in Atlanta and also roots for the Braves.

Confused?

I grew up in North Carolina and Virginia where there was no "home team," only the teams that played on TV. In the 60s, that almost always meant the Yankees, who were on every Saturday, so I grew up a fan of Mantle and Maris and Whitey Ford. The Braves in those days were still in Milwaukee.

Kept rooting for the Yanks even though I spent my undergrad college years in Boston (think THAT wasn't dangerous.....and I lived a block away from Fenway, always wearing my Yankees cap. Luckily, I survived! Those folks are crazy......)

I moved to Atlanta in 1981, and you can't help but root for the home team when you live here, so.......my AL team is the Yanks, and my NL team is the Braves.

My fearless prediction:

Unfortunately, the Giants will beat the Braves (although I'm going to Game Three here in Atlanta on Sunday and hoping for the best).

Phillies over Reds.

Tampa Bay is coming back and will beat Texas.

Yankees over Twins.

The Phillies will be NL champs against the Yankees, and, unfortunately, will beat them this time.

You heard it here first.

Cheers

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home