Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T. Bob Dylan Bootleg Series Vol. 9
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: October 5, 2010 00:25

with pre-orders only.. comes with a bonus disc: Live at Brandeis University folk festival 1963...supposedly never released even in bootleg form

Re: O.T. Bob Dylan Bootleg Series Vol. 9
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 5, 2010 00:27

can't wait, can't wait...
I absolutely love Bob's "Bootleg Series", every piece.

there's only one thing I wonder - is he at all aware of this release? ;^)
from what I know Dylan - I've heard almost everything he released officialy and many bootlegs, seen him live once and read two books on him, but I'm far from even "average" Dylan fan and still have trouble with analysing some of his lyrics, so don't treat me as a knowledgeable person on this matter - he should've collected that material himself, put it together as he thought it should be done and manage the project artistically.
but I've read somewhere he's got much less to do with "Bootleg Series"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-05 00:31 by Amused.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 5, 2010 00:51

volume 10 better be something from the '78 europe or usa leg...or i will throw a fit.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 5, 2010 01:28

We were supposed to get the alternate Blood on the Tracks takes years ago as part of the Bootleg Series, but it never happened.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 5, 2010 02:33

71Tele
We were supposed to get the alternate Blood on the Tracks takes years ago as part of the Bootleg Series, but it never happened.

Some "Blood" tracks appeared on Bootleg Series 1-3, but the whole record, never.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 5, 2010 10:13

71Tele

I think that there a few albums BOTT and Infidels particularly that could either be reissued with a bonus alternative album or they could do a Bootleg vol with them. Either way we might finally get the electric Blind Willie McTell.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 5, 2010 14:27

Braincapers
71Tele

I think that there a few albums BOTT and Infidels particularly that could either be reissued with a bonus alternative album or they could do a Bootleg vol with them. Either way we might finally get the electric Blind Willie McTell.

this will never happen. all the albums will be rereleased only as they were originally released, like the stonesĀ“s or the beatlesĀ“
The next Bootleg series will be the Supper Club Shows. They should have been BS 9 but were delayed in favour for the witmark demos

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 5, 2010 15:23

So far I only got BS #8, which I think is great. Besides the more recent albums, I have BoB, other than that I have no Dylan CDs. So is this BS #9 a good representatation of his earlier work? Or are there better alternatives for that?

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 5, 2010 18:18

yeah! also #7 is great... well, every one is great, but every Dylan fan will love #7 tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: October 5, 2010 18:22

I pre-ordered #9 but will probably listen to it once. I am waiting for a big Christian-era release. Seems to me there is supposed to be a concert movie in the can that was never released and there are certainly lots of high quality concerts to choose from for a live CD.

Also holding out for a studio version of Long Distance Operator (that is probably a pipe dream).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 5, 2010 22:09

[jacobpedia.wordpress.com]

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-05 22:10 by dcba.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home