Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Hats off to Ronnie´s I Feel Like Playing!
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: September 30, 2010 16:59

Winning Ugly lyrics ain't so awful!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 30, 2010 17:02

Amused
Winning Ugly lyrics ain't so awful!

listen again - very embarrassing, imo

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 30, 2010 17:48

stonescrow
T&A
ron's return to glory here only intensifies my belief that the stones will have a problem should they decide to tour....keith's diminished playing abilities combined with ronnie's revival does not augur well for a tour...i think many of you get my point....

So replace Keith with Mick Taylor?

...and others don't.....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 30, 2010 19:02

T&A
stonescrow
T&A
ron's return to glory here only intensifies my belief that the stones will have a problem should they decide to tour....keith's diminished playing abilities combined with ronnie's revival does not augur well for a tour...i think many of you get my point....

So replace Keith with Mick Taylor?

...and others don't.....
so what jagger/cohl will do is probably lower ronnie in the pa sound mix to bearly audibile at all (that is if they tour ,which as everyone in these parts knows by now that yours truly does not think it's gonna happen)

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 30, 2010 21:01

So Ronnie's playing doesn't suck after all like many on this message board alledge.? We all knew he had it in him. He is restricted on what he plays with the Stones and it is pbvious on recerdings and in concert. On his own and with Rod Stewart, I think we can all agree, that Ronnie can still play and is a talented guy. A super nice guy in person I might also add.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 1, 2010 11:27

The problem is that Keith still thinks that he is the Stones' one and only guitar hero and wants to be presented as such whenever they tour, no matter if he still has the chops or not. It is all about image, and to an increasingly lesser degree about music. So no matter how great Ronnies form is - HE WONT BE ALLOWED TO SHOW THIS ON A STONES STAGE.

Ronnies album - simply great, and this came totally unexpected for me.

I wonder if the Stones will be able to follow Ronnies example - come up with a great album that surprises everybody at a point when general expectations are at an all-time low.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 1, 2010 12:53

The album is great indeed. I love Lucky Man. Great rocker that makes you feel good (the bridge reminded me of another song, thanks for reminding it's seven days).
I was surpised to see that Bernard Fowler sang on I Gotta See, i thought it was Bobby Womack. I whished Bernard sang it solo with Ronnie only on back up vocals, his voice is incredible on this one!

I'm really looking forward to the gig in two weeks now.
Who's going and are there any pre-(second)show drinks somewhere?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: October 1, 2010 14:04

DandelionPowderman
Spoonful even wipes the floor with Cream´s version.

now lets not get carried away here

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2010 14:12

Spoonful has a Sly Stone feel ...and that nod Hendrix's Watchtower in Lucky Man..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 1, 2010 14:30

Wow, I'm actuallt quite amazed by this album. It's actually quite fantastic! Now I am a big fan of Slide on This, which I still regularly play, but this album is a winner too for sure. He still can play and sing, and it sure is better than anything Jagger, Richards and the Stones have released since, well, Wandering Spirit, Talk is Cheap and Undercover.

Mathijs

Date: October 1, 2010 18:58

too many are surprised by this album - check his earlier stuff too, ronnie has had some great rock tracks from the beginning! i love this album, but no better than I've Got My Own Album, 1234, Slide On This etc.

Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: October 1, 2010 19:05

with three simple words:
I LIKE It. Nice to hear some decent music from him. I dig it.

UW

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: October 1, 2010 19:30

I'll agree that while not earth shattering this is a quite nice listen, and indeed restores my faith that the Ronnie of 1970-75 still exists in the soul of that sunken-cheeked doofus we read about in the tabloids.

Kudos, Ronald.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 1, 2010 19:31

great album, except for Lucky man and fancy pants. Good on you Ronnie!!
thanks for the music
jeroen

Date: October 1, 2010 19:40

LeonidP
too many are surprised by this album - check his earlier stuff too, ronnie has had some great rock tracks from the beginning! i love this album, but no better than I've Got My Own Album, 1234, Slide On This etc.

This album is better than 1234 in every possible way. IMO, also better than Slide On This, which is very good, but a bit more uneven than I Feel Like Playing.

Date: October 1, 2010 20:55

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

This album is better than 1234 in every possible way. IMO, also better than Slide On This, which is very good, but a bit more uneven than I Feel Like Playing.

Well to me, I rate them by the number of songs I don't like ... since I think every track on 1234 is great, I think I have to put it above this one. One this latest, the track 100% doesn't do it for me. Plus Outlaws & Priceless are in the top 5 of my favorite Ronnie tracks!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 1, 2010 21:02

Among his studio efforts as a solo artist, I prefer it to NOT FOR BEGINNERS. Only "Spoonful" really grabs me as a true standout track. That is every bit as good as the cover of "Testify" on SLIDE ON THIS. If the consensus is "Better Than We Expected," it is damning with faint praise.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 1, 2010 21:17

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

Well to me, I rate them by the number of songs I don't like ... since I think every track on 1234 is great, I think I have to put it above this one. One this latest, the track 100% doesn't do it for me. Plus Outlaws & Priceless are in the top 5 of my favorite Ronnie tracks!

you and i hear/see this EXACTLY the same. scary. nobody ever agrees with me - you may want to modify your opinion....

Date: October 1, 2010 22:13

StonesTod
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

you and i hear/see this EXACTLY the same. scary. nobody ever agrees with me - you may want to modify your opinion....

really? i'm not saying i dislike it - i like it very much actually! Most every track except for the one i mentioned. i am just saying that apparently most don't give ronnie much credit, whereas I knew he's been banging out great tunes thru-out his career.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 1, 2010 22:22

it´s a very good records and nobody thought that such a cd by ronnie will happen to us anymore

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 1, 2010 22:51

I received my cd yesterday. Really 5 stars.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 1, 2010 23:15

LeonidP
StonesTod
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

really? i'm not saying i dislike it - i like it very much actually! Most every track except for the one i mentioned. i am just saying that apparently most don't give ronnie much credit, whereas I knew he's been banging out great tunes thru-out his career.

maybe you don't - but most would argue that NFB is a pretty weak album. that was a decade ago - and Slide on This (which has its moments, but hardly a masterwork) is almost two decades old. So, for anyone that was EXPECTING something as good as 1234 (3 decades old), that's pretty much fairy-tale stuff. That's like expecting the Stones to put out something as good as TY at this late stage. hmmm....wow. haha.....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 2, 2010 01:42

I'm trying to buy it on Itunes but it won't happen! Aaaarggghhhhh

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 2, 2010 05:49

StonesTod
scary. nobody ever agrees with me - you may want to modify your opinion....

Not quite true. I usually agree with you. Maybe I should give you more support when you are under attack here to make you aware of the fact.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: October 2, 2010 08:39

Wuudy

Who's going and are there any pre-(second)show drinks somewhere?

I'm going to both shows. Haven't sorted the flights yet. But if someone decide on a pub I will try to make it. At the moment it looks like I will go tru' hell that day... - Frankfurt airport and Heathrow in one day.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 2, 2010 08:56

carlostones10

5 stars, really? So its in the same league as Blonde on Blonde, Sgt. Pepper and Who's Next. Certainly good to know! How about some perspective?

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: October 2, 2010 10:21

Hmm...its better than expected from Ronnie. Does that alone make a record good? Come on guys.Its all heard in tons of songs, taken from already existig tunes. Even Lucky Man has a bit of "seven days".

Date: October 2, 2010 10:25

71Tele
carlostones10

5 stars, really? So its in the same league as Blonde on Blonde, Sgt. Pepper and Who's Next. Certainly good to know! How about some perspective?

It´s a really good album, Tele. Certainly 5 stars.

Date: October 2, 2010 10:26

jamesjagger
Hmm...its better than expected from Ronnie. Does that alone make a record good? Come on guys.Its all heard in tons of songs, taken from already existig tunes. Even Lucky Man has a bit of "seven days".

Lucky Man has the bridge of Seven Days, and Thing About You has something very similar to one of the songs on Slide On This. So what? That happens all the time, certainly with the Stones, too.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 2, 2010 13:01

71Tele
carlostones10

would you please not mention blonde on blonde or who´s next in the same sentence with sgt. pepper.

how about some perspective???

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home