Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Hats off to Ronnie´s I Feel Like Playing!
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 2, 2010 13:33

well, I rated it 4.5 - considering the time it was made and the point - good time rock and roll. ;^)
and I love instrumental "I Don't Think So"!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 2, 2010 14:34

I didn't have high hopes for this new Ronnie Wood record; but after returning from vacation and reading this thread here....I can't wait to recieve the CD I just ordered.

Feel a bit disappointed in Ronnie not going for my suggestion concerning a "70s cover song"......think "Watching The River Flow" would suit Ronnie Woods singing and style to a certain extent.

Good to read the reviews/opinions here, for once, unlike most outputs that has been discussed on this board, the last 8 years......whether it's retrospective outputs, solo projects or "real" RS records

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: October 2, 2010 15:33

The album is great!!

Really bad choice of a opening number though, he should have I got a thing about you instead spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

An album must start with some @#$%& power, not sleeping pills, grinning smiley

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 2, 2010 15:45

Pelle, that was the first thing I thought after 10 seconds of listening.
Lucky Man should have been the opener IMHO.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: October 2, 2010 15:48

Great mixture of Stones,Faces,and Ronnie vibes,of course Fancy Pants lyrics r kinda strange the album and the guitars R great....go,Ronnie,go.....

Coming Down Again

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 2, 2010 15:56

curtisdavis
Great mixture of Stones,Faces,and Ronnie vibes,of course Fancy Pants lyrics r kinda strange the album and the guitars R great....go,Ronnie,go.....

someone brought that up before. while i agree the lyrics of fancy pants are silly, musically it's one of Ronnie's best tracks ever!

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: October 3, 2010 10:03

Got spare Ronnie ticket for sale. See sold out section

John Nicholls

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 3, 2010 15:41

just as good as when I first heard it....

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 3, 2010 21:57

I like the CD a lot - can't wait to hear it live. It confirms the idea I had about Slide On This - it is really good for Ronnie to work with Bernard.

Date: October 4, 2010 03:55

gwen
I like the CD a lot - can't wait to hear it live. It confirms the idea I had about Slide On This - it is really good for Ronnie to work with Bernard.

he didn't do too bad without him either

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 4, 2010 07:40

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
carlostones10
I received my cd yesterday. Really 5 stars.

5 stars, really? So its in the same league as Blonde on Blonde, Sgt. Pepper and Who's Next. Certainly good to know! How about some perspective?

It´s a really good album, Tele. Certainly 5 stars.

If you are grading on a very steep curve with only other Ron Wood albums to compare against it might be 5 stars. Certainly not Michelin stars.

Posted by: Potbanger ()
Date: October 4, 2010 08:25

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele
carlostones10

5 stars, really? So its in the same league as Blonde on Blonde, Sgt. Pepper and Who's Next. Certainly good to know! How about some perspective?

If you are grading on a very steep curve with only other Ron Wood albums to compare against it might be 5 stars. Certainly not Michelin stars.

Hats off to Ron for the singing and playing, but I'm not sure how strong the SONGS are yet. Has to steep a while before we can judge that. Certainly a good album by any stretch, but not sure yet if it's even Ron's best. Must admit, I wasn't sure he had an album this good left in him... On criticism: songs seem to run a little long.

Date: October 4, 2010 08:38

Potbanger
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele
carlostones10

Hats off to Ron for the singing and playing, but I'm not sure how strong the SONGS are yet. Has to steep a while before we can judge that. Certainly a good album by any stretch, but not sure yet if it's even Ron's best. Must admit, I wasn't sure he had an album this good left in him... On criticism: songs seem to run a little long.

Still think his best was his first. It has aged very well.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 4, 2010 16:24

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Este disco es de putísima madre..........Much better than any Sones-related thing since Talk is cheap or Wandering spirit

Date: October 4, 2010 21:06

John Nicholls

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 5, 2010 20:15

Great album, I like it more and more.

Got the Japanese version with 2 bonus tracks today.
I Don´t Think So (first version) is
in a different early rough sound. In the outro
it reminds me of Won´t Get Fooled Again a bit.

Date: October 5, 2010 21:45

71Tele
Potbanger
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele
carlostones10

I always loved the 1st as well. Especially Take A Look At The Guy & Sure The One You Need ... and I can't forget I Can Feel The Fire ... and I'm Groovin' You (which I think is a cover but still a great riff & vocals!).

Date: October 6, 2010 02:39

LeonidP
71Tele
Potbanger
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele
carlostones10

I always loved the 1st as well. Especially Take A Look At The Guy & Sure The One You Need ... and I can't forget I Can Feel The Fire ... and I'm Groovin' You (which I think is a cover but still a great riff & vocals!).

Far East Man too, even though it sounds like Ron's and George's vocals were recorded on separate continents. Taylor is all over the album. This album is something Taylorites and Woodites can agree on.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 6, 2010 03:09

The first album, some stuff from the 2. and Slide on this were great Wood records.
As was much of his early/ Faces/ Steward stuff.

Haven't heard the whole record yet and don't think the songwriting is anyway nearly as good as the material from those days. So Ronnies "best album yet" would be a far cry.
I'm curious to hear it all at last. If it will really be in a row with those said albums it would be abolutely fine with me.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 6, 2010 03:29

Rip This
just as good as when I first heard it....

Thanks Rip This for sharing that, it sounds good to me. I will have to check the rest of the cd out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-06 03:31 by RSbestbandever.

Date: October 6, 2010 04:08

Thank goodness for Amoeba Records on Sunset, it appears even LA is suffering from closures of record/music shops or at least stores which sell actual CDs for those of us who are not part of the 'download generation'! Anyway, 'I Feel Like Playing' has been on in the car all day and we are loving it. Ronnie sounding great vocally as well as some nice guitar. Bernard Fowler makes a solid contribution, too bad he has cancelled his show at the Viper Room this week.
Nice one Ronnie, I feel like listening!

Date: October 6, 2010 07:25

71Tele
LeonidP
71Tele
Potbanger
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele
carlostones10

Far East Man too, even though it sounds like Ron's and George's vocals were recorded on separate continents. Taylor is all over the album. This album is something Taylorites and Woodites can agree on.

Oddly I never liked the Far East Man track too much, and then I got the Far East Man dvd and only after that did I become hooked on it! Yes, I love that one too.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 6, 2010 17:29

LeonidP
71Tele
LeonidP
71Tele
Potbanger
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele
carlostones10

Oddly I never liked the Far East Man track too much, and then I got the Far East Man dvd and only after that did I become hooked on it! Yes, I love that one too.

harrison's own version on the dark horse album is a keeper as well....

Date: October 6, 2010 18:21

John Nicholls

Date: October 6, 2010 21:26

just got it today. i was listening to it from various illegal sources until now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-06 21:27 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: October 6, 2010 22:30

keefriffhard4life

does it sound any different legally? i find i enjoy illegal product much more, usually. i'm like that.

Date: October 6, 2010 23:02

T&A
keefriffhard4life

does it sound any different legally? i find i enjoy illegal product much more, usually. i'm like that.

well yeah because everything sounds horrid on the computer compared to a cd

Date: October 6, 2010 23:08

keefriffhard4life
T&A
keefriffhard4life

well, you can hook the computer to the receiver....you can also burn discs and make believe they are legal discs. there's lots of workarounds to actually going out there and giving these artists the money they're entitled to you if you are serious about it.

Date: October 7, 2010 00:46

T&A
keefriffhard4life
T&A
keefriffhard4life

well, you can hook the computer to the receiver....you can also burn discs and make believe they are legal discs. there's lots of workarounds to actually going out there and giving these artists the money they're entitled to you if you are serious about it.

i've never stolen music in my life. the only stuff i have burned to cd other than compilations i made from albums i purchased is out of print or never released material

Date: October 7, 2010 01:02

keefriffhard4life
T&A
keefriffhard4life
T&A
keefriffhard4life

i've never stolen music in my life. the only stuff i have burned to cd other than compilations i made from albums i purchased is out of print or never released material

heaven has a special place awaiting your arrival

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1148
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home