Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Brian Jones V Mick Taylor
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 6, 2010 19:52

thanks for No Expectations 1973 !
great vibes !
not so many live version, no ?

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: October 7, 2010 01:49

Doxa

Another, recent version, better sound... I feel almost sentimental in wittnessing Taylor playing so heartfully a 'Brian Jones' tune... I thought the intro is a mistake but he seemingly goes out of tune with purpose (but don't see why...)... the version sounds like a Dylan song, actually. And in fact, the band ends up sounding like a Taylor era Stones!...a great interpretation! Wow!

- Doxa

Ouch, that hurt my ears. I fear Mick Taylor won't be playing with the Rolling Stones again for a long , long time . . if ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-07 01:58 by mitchflorida.

Date: October 7, 2010 10:24

<Ouch, that hurt my ears. I fear Mick Taylor won't be playing with the Rolling Stones again for a long , long time . . if ever.>

Didn't you say he would be back in the lineup for the next tour?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 7, 2010 13:05

mitchflorida
Doxa

Another, recent version, better sound... I feel almost sentimental in wittnessing Taylor playing so heartfully a 'Brian Jones' tune... I thought the intro is a mistake but he seemingly goes out of tune with purpose (but don't see why...)... the version sounds like a Dylan song, actually. And in fact, the band ends up sounding like a Taylor era Stones!...a great interpretation! Wow!

- Doxa

Ouch, that hurt my ears. I fear Mick Taylor won't be playing with the Rolling Stones again for a long , long time . . if ever.

Great song performed by a true music lover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-07 18:34 by Amsterdamned.

Date: October 7, 2010 13:12

Beautiful version.I don't understand why Taylor doesn't have much good to say about the Stones but the bulk and core of his sets is built around Stones; even non Taylor era material. Which is great IMO, I just don't get it why he cuts them.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 7, 2010 13:24

Is it just me? I can not see the logic of singing a song about having No Expectations,
a song filled with desperation, loneliness and emptiness and then start this song of like
it is some kind of romantic lovesong.
The way the Stones played it, the music enhances the atmosphere of the lyrics.
Mick Taylors interpretation makes no sense to me at all.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: October 7, 2010 14:09

marcovandereijk
Is it just me? I can not see the logic of singing a song about having No Expectations,
a song filled with desperation, loneliness and emptiness and then start this song of like
it is some kind of romantic lovesong.
The way the Stones played it, the music enhances the atmosphere of the lyrics.
Mick Taylors interpretation makes no sense to me at all.

Cause you're a Ronnie guy. Two different worlds.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 7, 2010 15:04

or maybe he's a brian guy

Date: October 7, 2010 15:21

I'm a Stones guy.
The band is more than just the individuals to me.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: October 7, 2010 16:48

DandelionPowderman
<Ouch, that hurt my ears. I fear Mick Taylor won't be playing with the Rolling Stones again for a long , long time . . if ever.>

Didn't you say he would be back in the lineup for the next tour?

Well, if he is going to play guitar like that, I am sure not going to listen to it, are you?

Date: October 7, 2010 17:18

marcovandereijk
I'm a Stones guy.

I guess you're, just like floridamitch, a member of Mathijs' club 'The Ronnie Stones'.

Date: October 7, 2010 17:52

Being Dutch I can see where your need for polarisation comes from. But believe it or not,
there are fans around here that love The Rolling Stones, not just one of the members of the band.

Date: October 7, 2010 18:06

kleermaker
marcovandereijk
I'm a Stones guy.

I guess you're, just like floridamitch, a member of Mathijs' club 'The Ronnie Stones'.

Didn't Marco only say that he didn't like Taylor's rendition, kleermaker? No need to bite his head off, imo. Remember how many times the Taylorites on this forum are slagging Ronnie with "thin tone, less musical than Taylor, the weaver, the poser, the clown" etc.

After all, he didn't offend you in any way did he - or did I miss something here?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 7, 2010 18:40

Listening to live recordings in whatever fashion, I'm curious - does Mick Taylor's lack of stage presence have any influence on what you HEAR?

Isn't that what it's truly about? The music? Mick Jagger figured out a way to get attention ie more people to watch, by being a whacked out freak. The rest of them were just about playing music.

So how does that effect how you LISTEN to their music?

The Brian Jones Stones were more interesting, as a whole, than the Mick Taylor Stones. However, the Mick Taylor Stones were a better Rolling Stones.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 7, 2010 19:07

skipstone
Listening to live recordings in whatever fashion, I'm curious - does Mick Taylor's lack of stage presence have any influence on what you HEAR?

Isn't that what it's truly about? The music? Mick Jagger figured out a way to get attention ie more people to watch, by being a whacked out freak. The rest of them were just about playing music.

The Brian Jones Stones were more interesting, as a whole, than the Mick Taylor Stones. However, the Mick Taylor Stones were a better Rolling Stones.

Very good points, Skip, but there are a number of people here who will never forgive MT's lack of a rooster haircut or the fact that he didn't jump around, and no amount of beautiful playing while he was in the group will compensate for those deficiencies. Sad.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 7, 2010 19:32

Listen to taylor riffing and playing solo back and forth. someone posted way back that Taylor had no real guitar riff contribution with the stones( what about the opening Bitch riff keith never claimed it was his I am sure if he wrote it would of been in all the guitar mag's the last 40 years.

play that guitar boy

Date: October 7, 2010 19:41

marcovandereijk
Being Dutch I can see where your need for polarisation comes from.

confused smileyconfused smiley

Date: October 7, 2010 19:52

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
marcovandereijk
I'm a Stones guy.

Didn't Marco only say that he didn't like Taylor's rendition, kleermaker? No need to bite his head off, imo. Remember how many times the Taylorites on this forum are slagging Ronnie with "thin tone, less musical than Taylor, the weaver, the poser, the clown" etc.

After all, he didn't offend you in any way did he - or did I miss something here?

Nobody offended me DP, except Mathijs, but I don't mind him to offend me. It was a bit of irony, not meant to bite anyone's head off (yak!). The Ronnie Stones, sounds funny to me, but I think I have the same 'strange' sense of humour as Amsterdamned, though being from Rotterdam (sorry Hansie).

Btw: "Remember how many times the Taylorites on this forum are slagging Ronnie with "thin tone, less musical than Taylor, the weaver, the poser, the clown" etc."

That's no slagging but telling the facts. Nothing wrong with being "less musical than Taylor" and "the weaver" imo.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 7, 2010 22:08

kleermaker
I have the same 'strange' sense of humour as Amsterdamned, though being from Rotterdam (sorry Hansie).

WTF do you say sorry to me for ?????

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 7, 2010 22:15

skipstone

Yeah, like Jimi Hendrix or Jim Morrison winking smiley

Date: October 7, 2010 22:20

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
marcovandereijk
I'm a Stones guy.

Nobody offended me DP, except Mathijs, but I don't mind him to offend me. It was a bit of irony, not meant to bite anyone's head off (yak!). The Ronnie Stones, sounds funny to me, but I think I have the same 'strange' sense of humour as Amsterdamned, though being from Rotterdam (sorry Hansie).

Btw: "Remember how many times the Taylorites on this forum are slagging Ronnie with "thin tone, less musical than Taylor, the weaver, the poser, the clown" etc."

That's no slagging but telling the facts. Nothing wrong with being "less musical than Taylor" and "the weaver" imo.

Yeah, facts. In your head, that is smiling smiley Then again, you´re from Rotterdam (Go, Feyenoord!).

BTW, If Taylor is so much more musical, how come he´s not making great solo albums like Ronnie have done?

Date: October 7, 2010 22:22

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
I have the same 'strange' sense of humour as Amsterdamned, though being from Rotterdam (sorry Hansie).

WTF do you say sorry to me for ?????

No reason to "WTF", Hansie. You suggested that you don't like Amsterdamned's sense of humour. I said "I think I have the same 'strange' sense of humour as Amsterdamned (though being from Rotterdam)". So I guess you also don't like my sense of humour. That's the reason I said: "(sorry Hansie)". But again, it's not so seriously meant as you seem to have taken it.

Question: do Ronnie Stones fans have any sense of humour at all or does it just differ from Taylor Stones fans sense of humour? (Is there also Jones Stones fans sense of humour?)

Date: October 7, 2010 22:50

kleermaker
You suggested that you don't like Amsterdamned's sense of humour.

Now where did you get this "wisdom" from ?

-------------------

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 7, 2010 22:57

'someone posted way back that Taylor had no real guitar riff contribution with the stones' - quote. That was me. So, Mick Taylor created the riff to Bitch? Okay, that's one.

Date: October 7, 2010 23:13

kleermaker
Question: do Ronnie Stones fans have any sense of humour at all or does it just differ from Taylor Stones fans sense of humour? (Is there also Jones Stones fans sense of humour?)

I sincerely wish that I was able to answer this question. But I am not a Jones Stones fan, neither am I a Taylor Stones fan nor a Ronnie Stonesfan. I am just a simple Rolling Stones fan. But, bud, butt, if some fanatics insist to persuade in maintaining this artificial bull shit, I wish them all the fun in the world.

-------------------

Date: October 7, 2010 23:32

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
You suggested that you don't like Amsterdamned's sense of humour.

Now where did you get this "wisdom" from ?

Because of this post:

"Re: Brian Jones V Mick Taylor
Date: October 6, 2010 16:44

Amsterdamned
Well...according to Tony Sanchez, Mick Taylor & Mick Jagger where caught in bed together by Taylor's former wife, Rose Millar. She was not amused .cool smiley

Thanks for showing your sense of humor again Amsterdamned. What a relief to this thread

Keep On Rolling smoking smiley"

But I may be wrong. I thought it was sarcasm. But it's of course possible that you literally meant what you said and that you indeed do experience Amsterdamned's sense of humour as "a relief to this thread". Well, let's assume that, then you might probably also experience my sense of humour as "a relief to this thread". And that would on its turn be a true relief to me, of course.

Date: October 7, 2010 23:46

kleermaker
Because of this post:

Thanks for showing your sense of humor again Amsterdamned. What a relief to this thread

That was my 100% well meant and absolutely true response to Amsterdamned for his response to the message from Mathijs "Jeezzz...Does your wife know about this? I mean, do you masturbate when thinking about Taylor?" In this response Amsterdamned showed a great sense of humour, at least to me.

-------------------

Date: October 7, 2010 23:49

kleermaker
you might probably also experience my sense of humour as "a relief to this thread". And that would on its turn be a true relief to me, of course.

Still looking for it, but, bud, butt ... sorry, haven't found it yet. Could you possibly point out an example to me ?

-------------------

Date: October 8, 2010 01:28

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
you might probably also experience my sense of humour as "a relief to this thread". And that would on its turn be a true relief to me, of course.

Still looking for it, but, bud, butt ... sorry, haven't found it yet. Could you possibly point out an example to me ?

I'm afraid I can't. But thanks for taking away my misunderstanding. So in the end it's still "sorry Hansie" (and all other readers/posters here), but kleermaker is a man without any sense of humour. At least, he's not able to show an example of it. Well, one can't always get what one wants. But "we're trying, we're trying, we're definitely trying", like Jagger said on a boot that I bought as a vinyl, now decades ago, not knowing yet that I was a Taylorite without sense of humour.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 8, 2010 07:08

Please kill this thread! eye popping smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home