Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Jagger' heroin addiction
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:25

Sir Mick Jagger was a regular user of heroin

By Anita Singh,Showbusiness Editor, The Telegraph

While Keith Richards' heroin addiction is well-documented, Sir Mick's reminiscences about the band's wild past have omitted mention of taking the class A drug himself.

In her new autobiography, Hall recalls the beginning of her affair with the star in 1977. She writes: "Mick had told me he took LSD every day for a year in the Sixties. He also admitted he was smoking heroin. I was disgusted.
"I told him I couldn't see him if he took drugs, saying, 'Go away and don't come back until you're straight'. He succeeded - he had amazing willpower."

At the time, Hall was engaged to Roxy Music singer Bryan Ferry and Jagger was married to his first wife, Bianca. Hall said: "I knew he had a reputation as a womaniser and he was still married, even if he hadn't lived with Bianca for a year, but I was hopeful. I had got him to quit heroin - I could get him to give up girls as well."

The couple went on to have four children and 'married' in a ceremony in Bali in 1990, although Jagger later claimed the ceremony was not legal.

In interviews, Sir Mick, 67, has appeared critical of Richards, the Stones guitarist who descended into heroin addiction.

"Anyone taking heroin is thinking about taking heroin more than they're thinking about anything else. That's the general rule about most drugs," he has said. "When Keith was taking heroin, it was very difficult to work."

Hall's claims could throw fresh light on the infamous 1969 drugs bust at Sir Mick's Chelsea home. Scotland Yard officers claimed they found heroin and cannabis in the Cheyne Walk house.

However, Sir Mick maintained that a police officer framed him by planting a white powder in a Cartier box then asked for a £1,000 bribe to drop the charge. He escaped with a £200 fine and a lesser conviction for cannabis possession.

His claim to have been framed was detailed in files released by the National Archives in 2005. Documents showed that Robert Huntley, commander of Scotland Yard's criminal investigation department, led an internal investigation into Sir Mick's allegations.

Mr Huntley concluded: "No independent person was in earshot when this alleged demand was made and this can best be summarised as 'word against word'."

In May, Sir Mick made headlines by suggesting that drugs be legalised on the Isle of Man as an experiment, saying: "In England they always try out new mobile phones in the Isle of Man. They've got a captive society. So... you should try the legalisation of all drugs on the Isle of Man and see what happens."

A spokesman for Sir Mick declined to comment last night.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Re: Jagger' heroin addiction
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:33

PR

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:40

"Jagger’s lyrics reveal his concern for what was happening to those he was closest to – Keith Richards, Anita Pallenburg, Marianne Faithful. Although Jagger took heroin at this point he was not addicted like the other three" - from interview with Nick Kent(about Exile)

so, Mick has been taking heroin for quite a long time.
How can anybody not to be addicted after so many years of use ?
I have many friends, who after 2-3 times became addicted, or totaly gave it up

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:43

<I had got him to quit heroin - I could get him to give up girls as well.">

I never red anywhere Jagger was a heroin addict.
According to Tony Sanchez he could resist the temptation.
Girls are more addictive to Jagger,as J.Hall found out.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:44

"Mick had told me he took LSD every day for a year in the Sixties..." - is this physically possible?!

Date: September 27, 2010 12:55

As long as you don't think you can fly....yes it is.
It will make you completely loopy though.

Date: September 27, 2010 13:02

Right...so it's not really possible. Most likely he used it a few times. Hall was probably confusing this with something else more commonly rolled up and smoked.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: September 27, 2010 13:05

I think that needs a public statement by Mick. Like he did, when Jerry claimed that he never payed anything for the house and the children. He said her remarks are absurd and that he was always more than willing to pay the lion´s share of her lifestyle (or something like that), which was very unusual for him, and showed the level of his anger.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 27, 2010 13:33

BS

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 27, 2010 14:03

He should sue her for libel.

Date: September 27, 2010 14:09

Her first autobiography was call "Tall Tales". How ironic...

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 27, 2010 14:36

WeLoveYou
"Mick had told me he took LSD every day for a year in the Sixties..." - is this physically possible?!

As I understand it...Yes, but it would be pointless as the drug would have little effect on the second day. That's what I was always told back in the day. Take time off between trips or it won't work.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 27, 2010 14:41

The article doesnt actually say he was 'addicted'....

Date: September 27, 2010 15:11

he should sue jerry hall

Date: September 27, 2010 15:21

I have never heard of any drug addict that will admit that he actually is an addict. Insteayd they will always tell you they'd have their habit "under control".

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 27, 2010 15:24

The Greek
he should sue jerry hall

..Or maybe not.

...because next month he might have to sue Keith ;^)

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 27, 2010 16:24

...that's what I'd do...wait to see which book is more inflammatory and then sue one or both to get even more headlines.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 27, 2010 16:43

Do you think the super-slick and super-ambitious Mick would take as an example the wreck Keith had become from 1973? Yellow skin, bad teeth, and a corpse-like body are not really magnets for girls... (unless you're a female junkie that is)

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 16:50

"He also admitted he was smoking heroin"

Is it possible to smoke heroin? Sorry, it is probably a stupid question, but I never heard of anyone smoking it.

From Wikipedia
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 27, 2010 16:58

"Chasing the dragon" ... refers to inhaling the smoke from heated morphine, heroin or opium that has been placed on a piece of foil. The 'chasing' occurs as the user gingerly keeps the liquid moving in order to keep it from coalescing into a single, unmanageable mass.[1]

"Chasing the dragon" as an ingestion method has been accomplished with various vaporizing apparatus, including traditional opium pipes. A makeshift method involves putting the substance in an empty teapot, heating it over a stove, and inhaling through the nozzle via the nose or mouth. Heating on a length of aluminum foil and inhaling through a tube (usually a cut-up pen or section of aluminum foil rolled into a tube) is another common method.

Such ingestion may pose less immediate danger to the user than injecting heroin, due to eliminating the risk of transmission of HIV, hepatitis, and other diseases through needle sharing, as well as the stress that injection puts on veins. A small puff can be inhaled as a method of gauging the strength of the heroin.[citation needed] Also, the lungs can act to filter out additional pollutants that otherwise would pass directly into the bloodstream; however, in any case, it is never harmless to expose the lungs to any kind of smoke.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:06

WeLoveYou

Absolutly not.

This are 10-12 hour trips that fry your brain. After a while you just stay up there.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:07

Thans Bliss, interesting. The impact of the drug after smoking is probably weaker then when using a needle, right? Otherwise there would be no reason to use a needle at all. Well I am not gonna test it anyway :-)

Now when I know it is possible to smoke it, I can imagine Mick doing it for a while. I can not imagine him with a needle.

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:22

i think it's classy how she slogs the father of her children in the press eh?

Date: September 27, 2010 17:29

jhat111
exactly, all in the name of a few bucks.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:30

jhat111

I know, that's what I was thinking.
She rounds ridiculous.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:32

------------------

Almost as classy as the father of her children shagging every woman out when they were married.
Her book does seem like a load of shite though. It's just a cash in cause Mick is her only claim to fame these days. The papers are probably just sensationalizing as usual but she doesn't mind one bit as she's getting loads of publicity for the book.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:34

This is heavy news!! And yes you can do Heroin for years without being addicted..Tricky , yes, but it can be done...winking smiley

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:52

she doesn't say she actually saw him take it, just that he said he had been smoking it.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 27, 2010 18:15

I think Jaggers drug use has been unreported down the years.Im sure he smoked a lot of heroin in the late 60's. He probably didnt realize its full destructive potential. When Keith sleepwalked through the 70's in a heroin stupor, it probably took the heat off Jagger, who was most likely coked up a lot of the time. Still, Jerry Hall's words don't quite ring true. It definately seems to be a cash-in. She can appear incredibly naive - still Jagger must have loved her back in the day

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 27, 2010 19:32

Two thoughts come to my mind :

1 / I thought that Jerry Hall was more "classy" than her writings show.
I can't stand women who split on their ex husband or BF,unless he is a serial killer or a pedophil.
I must confess I bought many years ago her book " From Texas to Jagger" ,but since it was in French,I've been thinking that the" weakness of her talk" was due to the translation....

2/ I do not have any doubt that Jagger tried ,experimented and took what they call " heavy drugs"
About LSD,I can't tell .
I do think that Jagger used coke but I cannot see him being in an heroin addiction .
Because Jagger is -and was always - a control freak .
Because I cannot believe that he could be an "heroïnomane " for that long.It would have leave/left some trails.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home