Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Where is Mick Taylor in the "Ladies & Gentlemen" 'movie ?
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 26, 2010 22:15

Since the film-maker focused on Mick's body - Jagger's one ,not Taylor's one -
I would be greatful if someone could/was able to / post a video that shows another "close up "of Mick Taylor this evening .

I saw the movie many many times but I'd love to hear from a "real pro" film-maker/or photographer .
I am sure there are some of them on this board .smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Where is Mick Taylor in the "Ladies & Gentlemen" 'movie ?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 26, 2010 22:21

Better then nothing..

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 26, 2010 22:33

I can't find on youtube, but he's well focused playing Love in Vain.

Date: September 26, 2010 22:39

Cristiano Radtke
I can't find on youtube, but he's well focused playing Love in Vain.

Kleermaker has it on his YT channel I think.

Date: September 26, 2010 22:48

Hey !

I am not asking about the "Ladies & Gentlemen" movie.
I know it by heart .
I was just wondering if there were some footage(s) of Mick Taylor that/which weren't included in the movie .

Cheers,
Sway .

Date: September 26, 2010 22:53

SwayStones
Hey !

I know it by heart .
I was just wondering if there were some footage(s) of Mick Taylor that/which weren't included in the movie .

Cheers,
Sway .

That's going to be difficult after all those years I'am afraid..
At least he can be heard...music is the best!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 26, 2010 22:55

I think this is from L&G.

The broadcast got screwed up at the theatre where I saw it and we lost almost all of this tune:

Date: September 26, 2010 23:00

Edith Grove
I think this is from L&G.

The broadcast got screwed up at the theatre where I saw it and we lost almost all of this tune:

Thanks, greyscale is soooooo confusing!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 26, 2010 23:06

Taylor can be very clearly heard here, but very little seen:

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 26, 2010 23:10

In colour:

Not from L & G, Edith!

Conspicuous how Jagger loves Taylor.

Date: September 26, 2010 23:12

Edith Grove
Taylor can be very clearly heard here, but very little seen:

Great vid, but also not from L &G smiling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 27, 2010 02:02

It was just the vibe at the time. Show Mick's ass even when someone is playing a great guitar solo (or playing bass or drums for that matter). In the U.S., the Stones were even often listed as "Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones" in TV listings, as though that was their official name. It was awful. No one in the general public even knew who Keith Richards was. Unfortunately that attitude took hold among the people who shot and edited this film.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: September 27, 2010 02:42

well let's face it, mick jagger is the star. he oozes sex appeal. sex sells. you may want to see mick taylor standing there like a statue while solo'ing but you are in the minority. jagger is what sells the product, not taylor. even if he were the greatest guitarist in the history of guitarists, it's still mick that people come to see.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 27, 2010 03:20

bernardanderson
well let's face it, mick jagger is the star. he oozes sex appeal. sex sells. you may want to see mick taylor standing there like a statue while solo'ing but you are in the minority. jagger is what sells the product, not taylor. even if he were the greatest guitarist in the history of guitarists, it's still mick that people come to see.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but it's not that I want to see anyone "standing there like a statue" but I would have liked to see the interplay between band members, all five of them including Jagger. The Stones were/are a band after all. As for Mick's sex appeal, that's obviously true, but there was a bit too much "oozing" for my taste during this period.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:15

kleermaker
In colour:

Not from L & G, Edith!

I think i prefer this version to the L&G one,mainly because Mick does the ''wont you come down to the mountainside'' bit towards the end which he didn't at the other show,

As pleased as i am that the film is getting an official release,why two proper outtakes(Happy and ADTL)from the movie aren't among the extras is a rather odd

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 05:37

still ill
kleermaker
In colour:

Not from L & G, Edith!

I think i prefer this version to the L&G one,mainly because Mick does the ''wont you come down to the mountainside'' bit towards the end which he didn't at the other show,

As pleased as i am that the film is getting an official release,why two proper outtakes(Happy and ADTL)from the movie aren't among the extras is a rather odd

They could also release the outtake versions of Midnight Rambler (On Bootlegs) and Rocks Off, and full length versions of everything from C Sucker Blues.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 27, 2010 05:47

The movie suffers because there is too much Taylor and not enough Richards.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:05

SwayStones
Hey !

I know it by heart .

Cheers,
Sway .

The only outtakes I've seen from L&G don't really show MT anymore than he appears in the film. I guess it is possible that close-ups of him and other band members were filmed as L&G is spliced together from several shows, which were presumably filmed in their entirety.

Date: September 27, 2010 12:57

<Where is Mick Taylor in the "Ladies & Gentlemen" 'movie ?>

Where he should be, on Mick's right hand side confused smiley

There are close ups of Taylor as well... But mostly this is a Jagger movie - what else is new? winking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 27, 2010 13:08

71Tele
It was just the vibe at the time. Show Mick's ass even when someone is playing a great guitar solo (or playing bass or drums for that matter). In the U.S., the Stones were even often listed as "Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones" in TV listings, as though that was their official name. It was awful. No one in the general public even knew who Keith Richards was. Unfortunately that attitude took hold among the people who shot and edited this film.

Let's face it - Jagger has very cute ass

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:28

Well Bernard - you must mot have been around in the early 70's because all my buddies, who were guitar fans were there to see Taylor as much as Jagger/Richards.
Everyone was taking about Taylor then, and how good the Stones sounded with him in the band. everyone has their "own" personal opinion..

MLC

Date: September 27, 2010 18:46

MCDDTLC

Well Bernard - you must mot have been around in the early 70's because all my buddies, who were guitar fans were there to see Taylor as much as Jagger/Richards.
Everyone was taking about Taylor then, and how good the Stones sounded with him in the band. everyone has their "own" personal opinion..

MLC

And after the movie folks in the theatre were talking about Mick .... Taylor. I also read it on the Dutch Stonesforum. I myself found him by far the most interesting band member to observe. People here have said he stood like a stature, looked bored, was lethargic etc., but those who observed him really well could see that he not only concentrated on his own guitar playing, but also regularly looked at especially Richards and Jagger. The guy was just so subtle.

Date: September 27, 2010 18:54

<I myself found him by far the most interesting band member to observe.>

Observe? Or to listen to?

Date: September 27, 2010 19:12

MCDDTLC

MLC

Date: September 27, 2010 19:43

DandelionPowderman
<I myself found him by far the most interesting band member to observe.>

Observe? Or to listen to?

In this context: observe (eyes).

In general: listen to the band as a whole/unit and to the individual members at the same time (ears).

Let me compare it to listening to a Mozart string quartet or quintet. I listen to the whole and at the same time to the different 'voices'/instruments. If you're familiar with the music that's possible and also satisfying.

Date: September 27, 2010 22:05

kleermaker
.In general: listen to the band as a whole/unit and to the individual members at the same time (ears).

Let me compare it to listening to a Mozart string quartet or quintet. I listen to the whole and at the same time to the different 'voices'/instruments. If you're familiar with the music that's possible and also satisfying.

Well,I read you carefully,kleermaker .
I am sorry to say that the comparision you made doesn't fit at all with/to the example you gave.
I think that the title of my tread wasn't accurate enough.

When I asked "WHERE IS Mick Taylor in the Ladies & Gentlemen 'movie, I meant something like :
"Are there some more unkowned footage " of Mick Taylor .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 27, 2010 22:29

SwayStones
kleermaker
.In general: listen to the band as a whole/unit and to the individual members at the same time (ears).

Well,I read you carefully,kleermaker .
I am sorry to say that the comparision you made doesn't fit at all with/to the example you gave.
I think that the title of my tread wasn't accurate enough.

When I asked "WHERE IS Mick Taylor in the Ladies & Gentlemen 'movie, I meant something like :
"Are there some more unkowned footage " of Mick Taylor .

I think DandelionP understood very well what I said (the comparison) when I answered his question, because my answer makes sense.

As for unknown footage of Mick Taylor: who on earth can answer such a question? Unknown means: nobody knows about it. So if I would say: Yes, there is unknown footage of MT, you or someone else would ask me: kleermaker, we want you to tell where that unknown footage is, give it to us. I would answer that person: How can I do that, it's unknown footage, you know. But if I would say: No, there isn't any unknown footage of MT, you or someone could answer me: kleermaker, how can you know that, we're talking about unknown footage you know, so you can't say that it doesn't exist. Conclusion: you'll never get a satisfying answer to your question, from no one. In chess terms: stalemate.

Date: September 27, 2010 22:35

kleermaker
I think DandelionP understood very well what I said (the comparison) when I answered his question, because my answer makes sense.

Sorry to say ,but I don't know "dandelion" tongue sticking out smiley

Date: September 27, 2010 22:45

I was just kidding, kleermaker - and luckily you understood smiling smiley

Hi Sway, I saw it coming, regarding the title of the thread and what you really were asking for. I made a little joke about it earlier in the thread - sorry about that smiling smiley

Date: September 27, 2010 23:02

DandelionPowderman

Hi Sway, I saw it coming, regarding the title of the thread and what you really were asking for. I made a little joke about it earlier in the thread - sorry about that smiling smiley

Actually ,I haven't read the posts after mine(s) ,because it was very late at night cool smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home