Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Stones At Hyde Park 2012
Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:03

Where's colonial when you need him? Straight from the Ronnie's mouth baybee!

Evening Standard

Wood revealed he and the Stones plan a series of gigs to mark their 50th anniversary next year and hope to recreate their 1969 show at Hyde Park. He is meeting bandmate Keith Richards this week to begin discussions. "We'll try to recapture the old camaraderie," he said.

"I know Keith is fully supportive, as are the rest of the boys in the Stones. We'll see what we can do as a unit. Playing Hyde Park would be fabulous."

Wood is currently performing with The Faces, who are due to play a charity show at drummer Kenney Jones's Hurtwood Park Polo Club in Surrey.

Re: Stones At Hyde Park 2012
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:06

Is the Evening Standard anything like the News Of The World ?

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:10

Remember the ES repoted the Stones had broken up......1983

Date: July 13, 2011 15:28

The GR

They did break up. Then they got back together six years later baybee!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:30

Brue
The GR

Date: July 13, 2011 15:35

Sleepy City
Brue
The GR

You call that getting back together? Like I said, they got back together six years later baybee! Hyde Park in 2012!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:39

Edith Grove

Thankfully not. Saying that, the NOTW DID get a lot of exclusives.

Encouraging news, although Ronnie meeting Keith doesn't really mean an awful lot in itself. I'll take everything a bit more seriously when I hear this kind of talk from Mick.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:44

Love his jacket - shades of Brian Jones c.67

pic by Rex Photos

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:46

It would be the Hyde Park festival then.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:50

Hope so, Dont think so....
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:50

find it nice that Ron strolls along with his grand-daughter.

Date: July 13, 2011 16:01

crumbling_mice
It would be the Hyde Park festival then.

Yeah. So, probably June 23-24 then if it is.

And general admission and decent priced tickets too, so here's hoping.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 13, 2011 17:38

Maybe the Hard rock Calling festival that Rodders did this year.

Went the Year that erosmith did it. Pretty good day out.

Be great to go back and see the Stones there. Especiallycus it would negate the crappy seating plan policy that loads of venues on the Uk are adopting nowadays.

Bring it on

\m/

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 13, 2011 17:46

you know a band is over the hill when words like "recreate" and "recapture" are used.

Date: July 13, 2011 17:47

This would indeed be far out.....if it happens.....but there could still be seating plans in place and/or Golden Circle arrangements.

Date: July 13, 2011 17:56

Question for Londoners, or anyone else that is more knowledgeable about Hyde Park than I am:

I assume that Ronnie is (supposedly) talking about "re-creating" the show at Hyde Park itself.
Do you think that Hyde Park is currently capable of hosting an event such as this, particularly if it was a free show?

I'm assuming that, free or not, there could be many more people wanting to see the Stones than in '69.
I'm basically familiar with the area, having run a few miles in Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens during my stay there in '03, but I have to wonder about it's ability to host a massive crowd the Stones might draw in this day & age.

What do ya'll think?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 13, 2011 17:58

By far the most encouraging bit in a long time. I wonder if Mick even knows about this...

Date: July 13, 2011 18:10

Edith Grove
Question for Londoners, or anyone else that is more knowledgeable about Hyde Park than I am:

I assume that Ronnie is (supposedly) talking about "re-creating" the show at Hyde Park itself.
Do you think that Hyde Park is currently capable of hosting an event such as this, particularly if it was a free show?

I'm assuming that, free or not, there could be many more people wanting to see the Stones than in '69.
I'm basically familiar with the area, having run a few miles in Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens during my stay there in '03, but I have to wonder about it's ability to host a massive crowd the Stones might draw in this day & age.

What do ya'll think?

Things have changed somewhat since 1969 (or even since the 80's) and concerts in Hyde Park are considerably more organised and structured now. To start off with, there is a wooden perimiter fence approx 15 feet high which surrounds the concert area so no chance of seeing anything without a ticket. It is of course still possible to hear the concert and having a picnic in the park whilst listening to the gig is always an option. In fact, there is a great atmosphere amongst those people doing exactly that along with everyone else simply enjoying the park.

Within the confines of the concert area, there are numerous food outlets, lavatories and of course the inevitable VIP areas for hospitality. All in all, quite different from the 1969 free-for-all with people hanging out of trees, etc!

Date: July 13, 2011 18:10

Edith Grove

What do ya'll think?

No problem...

[www.hardrockcalling.co.uk]

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 13, 2011 18:22

Hyde Park! Perfect place to re-introduce guitarist Mick Taylor to the world.

Date: July 13, 2011 18:23

The classic free Hyde Park gigs started with Pink Floyd in 1968.....

1968 - Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Ten Years After, Traffic and Fleetwood Mac
1969 - Blind Faith, The Rolling Stones, King Crimson and Crosby, Stills & Nash
1970 - Pink Floyd, War and Canned Heat
1971 - King Crimson, The Grand Funk Railroad and Roy Harper

Date: July 13, 2011 18:26

Edith Grove

What do ya'll think?

I doubt he literally means to re-create it. It'll probably be a headlining set at Hard Rock Calling to a crowd of about 50,000 (although the size COULD be extended if need be) - which WOULD work if the band were to just do a couple of festivals in Europe, then do a US tour with a 'proper' Euro tour to finish in 2013.

Live 8 had 200,000 people in there in 2005, however.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: July 13, 2011 18:32

You guys are amazing. You all want the Stones to be active in 2012, but one of them confirms that plans are starting to take shape you guys are all negative about it...I don't get it.

Provided health doesn't become an issue the Stones will be active in 2012.

Date: July 13, 2011 18:34

Ok, second question:

If they play the park, do you think the boys & Phelge will run back over to Edith Grove after the show for some coffee,
piss down the stairs, gob on the walls & toss Perry Como records out the window?

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 13, 2011 18:35

James Kirk
You guys are amazing. You all want the Stones to be active in 2012, but one of them confirms that plans are starting to take shape you guys are all negative about it...I don't get it.

Excatly. So many so-called fans who do not want them to tour. Figure that!

Date: July 13, 2011 18:38

Gazza
I doubt he literally means to re-create it.

They'll probably sound as rusty... winking smiley

Be nice to see Mick in a white frock & Keith with a flying-V again.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 13, 2011 18:53

mickscarey
James Kirk

maybe we love the stones so much that we don't want them getting up on stage and embarrassing themselves?

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: July 13, 2011 18:54

Edith Grove
smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 13, 2011 18:54

mickscarey
James Kirk

Some people just love to find fault whatever...........

If you don't you're fridgid.....If you do you're a slag..............eye rolling smiley

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 13, 2011 18:55

I don't know if this trustful. Anyway, in this world of crisis and debt burdenload, it's pleasant to read that.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home