Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Jani Lane
Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: August 12, 2011 15:00

Warrant Singer Jani Lane Found Dead
August 12th, 2011 7:02am E

Former Warrant singer Jani Lane has been found dead in a Los Angeles hotel room.

The troubled rocker's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills on Thursday night. He was 47.

No official cause of death has been released.

Lane fronted the "Cherry Pie" hitmakers between 1986 and 2004 and briefly reunited with the group in 2008. He released a solo record in 2002, "Back Down to One," and went on to form supergroup Saints of the Underground.

Lane recently hit the headlines after he was sentenced to serve 120 days behind bars after pleading no contest to a 2010 DUI charge - his second in two years.

He was handed a career boost last year when he replaced Jack Russell on rock band Great White's 25th anniversary tour dates.

In addition to singing for the 80s rock band, Lane was also a contestant on season two of Celebrity Fit Club.

[www.starpulse.com]

Re: OT: RIP Jani Lane
Date: August 12, 2011 16:05

sad news. he never got the respect he deserves. he has probably 30 tunes for a project called JABBERWOCKY that was started in the late 90's where the music is a cross between tom petty, elton john and with a bit of a modern feel. he also wrote music with alice cooper a few years ago for the album ALONG CAME A SPIDER.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 12, 2011 16:42

Bimmelzerbott

Former Warrant singer Jani Lane has been found dead in a Los Angeles hotel room.

The troubled rocker's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills on Thursday night. He was 47.

When I see that word, I expect drug overdose or suicide.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 12, 2011 18:19

: ( more sad news......

. RIP
.JANI
LANE

You rocked us good man..... keep on rocking wherever you are...

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: August 12, 2011 18:57

Terribly underrated songwriter. He wrote some outstanding songs.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 12, 2011 19:34

MILKYWAY
Bimmelzerbott

When I see that word, I expect drug overdose or suicide.
obviously ...why else check into a motel one mile from your home? ....unless you were having work done in your home.

Date: August 12, 2011 20:59

wow you guys are like superdetectives, or something
thank you so much for sharing your genuis deductions

Date: August 12, 2011 22:55

found a cool story about lane:
Warrant played a small club here in Ohio where my bud was a bouncer. Anyway my friend had on a shirt (and I don't recall exactly what it said right now), but Jani saw it and wanted that shirt. So my bud takes it off and gives it to him.

Jani then asked him for his ticket stub, he signs it and tell him ANYTIME you come to another show you bring this and I'll make sure your taken care of.

About a year or so later Warrant is back in Ohio for a show, so 4 of us decided to buy the cheapest tixs we can get (just to get into the venue). My buddy approaches one of the security guards and tells him he needs to speak with someone that has dealings with the band. After about 15 minutes we get some dude who is explained the entire story about the show a year ago and he needs to get in touch with Jani about this ticket stub.

A few minutes later we get taken around the barricade, thru the back and placed on the side stage, inside a secured area to watch the show. After ALL the shows, and ALL the people Jani had met in the year plus since that small show....he still remembered making that statement about "taking care of him (us)...AND HE DID.

Date: August 12, 2011 23:08

keefriffhard4life
found a cool story about lane:
Warrant played a small club here in Ohio where my bud was a bouncer. Anyway my friend had on a shirt (and I don't recall exactly what it said right now), but Jani saw it and wanted that shirt. So my bud takes it off and gives it to him.

Jani then asked him for his ticket stub, he signs it and tell him ANYTIME you come to another show you bring this and I'll make sure your taken care of.

About a year or so later Warrant is back in Ohio for a show, so 4 of us decided to buy the cheapest tixs we can get (just to get into the venue). My buddy approaches one of the security guards and tells him he needs to speak with someone that has dealings with the band. After about 15 minutes we get some dude who is explained the entire story about the show a year ago and he needs to get in touch with Jani about this ticket stub.

A few minutes later we get taken around the barricade, thru the back and placed on the side stage, inside a secured area to watch the show. After ALL the shows, and ALL the people Jani had met in the year plus since that small show....he still remembered making that statement about "taking care of him (us)...AND HE DID.

MAN, that is a great Jani story, thank you for sharing smileys with beer ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

Date: August 12, 2011 23:17

it would have been even better if it was me but i don't live in ohio

Date: August 12, 2011 23:29

reminds of this great song....

Date: August 12, 2011 23:38

ROCK&FKNROLL

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: August 13, 2011 09:52

Yep, sad news.

Just gonna leave this here... great track.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 13, 2011 13:59

Max'sKansasCity
wow you guys are like superdetectives, or something
thank you so much for sharing your genuis deductions

Here's another winner whose name I would love to click on and see these beautiful words:

This user doesn't exist or has been deactivated.

Lord, hear my prayer.

Then again, if he lives in KC, maybe he is being punished already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-13 14:00 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 13, 2011 14:16

MILKYWAY
Then again, if he lives in KC, maybe he is being punished already.

Never been there but I have heard some great things about the city --

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-13 14:17 by misterfrias.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 13, 2011 14:33

Kansas City ---- Big Joe Turner

ROCKMAN

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 13, 2011 14:39

Rockman
Kansas City ---- Big Joe Turner

Do you collect LPs? If so, I bet you have an amazing collection.

Back to the topic -- I never was a Warrant fan but it is always tragic when someone so young (and 47 IS young) passes away. My thoughts & prayers are with his family.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home