Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

50 th anniv
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: August 8, 2011 17:19

Yes folks another thread on this sorry. I think the boys will do something next years as it is 50 years cant see Mick not planning anything. It might be on a small scale but in my view there will be some kinda tour. So folks don't worry just wait, you know Mick never gives out details he is most likely keeping it behind closed doors and when the time is right let it out.

Re: 50 th anniv
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 8, 2011 17:21

tipps
Yes folks another thread on this sorry. I think the boys will do something next years as it is 50 years cant see Mick not planning anything. It might be on a small scale but in my view there will be some kinda tour. So folks don't worry just wait, you know Mick never gives out details he is most likely keeping it behind closed doors and when the time is right let it out.

Personally I think a Super Heavy or Mick solo tour would be more interesting.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 8, 2011 17:47

Sleepy City
tipps

Unless they were to bring in Mick Taylor & Bill Wyman, I'm afraid you would be correct.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 8, 2011 18:35

tipps

Ok then...

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 8, 2011 18:50

Sleepy City
tipps

anything but Mick solo, anything.
I'd pay 10 times more for Charlie solo show, seriously.
Keith with friends and Winos, when it comes to solo shows, would be great. Ronnie's Barbarians - just the same.

Bill's band is very good, yeah, I like their repertoire, but they're - in general - kinda boring when you listen to them over & over.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 8, 2011 22:36

The Stones will release new reissues. More deluxe box sets like Exile on Main St.

Date: August 10, 2011 15:49

I'm not paying my hard earn bread just to see Keith 'fake' it on guitar! I think Ronnie, Charlie and Mick are in a better position than Keith! Maybe they should get Jimmy Rip in to take over from Richards! At least Rip can still play! Keith should bow out gracefully, but he wont!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 10, 2011 15:53

Gold Coast Slave Ship
I'm not paying my hard earn bread just to see Keith 'fake' it on guitar! I think Ronnie, Charlie and Mick are in a better position than Keith! Maybe they should get Jimmy Rip in to take over from Richards! At least Rip can still play! Keith should bow out gracefully, but he wont!

I've suggested Rip before, he'd be ideal...though only if he has a shave & buys a wig:

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 11, 2011 14:48

Some one has already created a track list for the next greatest hits CD I expect.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 11, 2011 15:20

Thtwlb smthng

2 1 2 0

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 11, 2011 15:41

The GR
Some one has already created a track list for the next greatest hits CD I expect.

After that comes out, if it does, we're certain to see another reissue of Jump Back - The Best Of The Rolling Stones 1971-1993, which is hilarious seeing that the latest released track on the album was from 1989.

Here is a Jump Back review on Amazon that's entertaining:

So, why release ANOTHER greatest hits collection right after 40 Licks? Well, it's one disc and focuses on the post-60s (re:post-London) Stones.

Twelve of the eighteen songs on this CD appear on 40 Licks; all but one are on the second disc of 40 Licks.

So here's whatcha do. If you've already bought 40 Licks, buy this CD, throw away the second disc of 40 Licks, throw away the packaging for Jump Back, insert the Jump Back disc into the 40 Licks case. Now you don't have to suffer throught the 4 "new" songs on the 40 Licks second disc or those lame 90s singles - Love Is Strong and Anybody Seen My Baby.

Because this is a much, much better representation of this period in the Stones catalog. Even better would be to start with the 17 songs from Jump Back (minus Wild Horses which is on disc 1 of 40 Licks). Add You Got Me Rocking, Shattered, and Out Of Control (the live version from No Security). Now you have 20 tracks to make your 40 Licks Disc 2.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 11, 2011 19:03

ok everybody what is your dream setlist!!!!!!!!!lmao

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: August 11, 2011 19:12

DragonSky
Here is a Jump Back review on Amazon that's entertaining:

So, why release ANOTHER greatest hits collection right after 40 Licks? Well, it's one disc and focuses on the post-60s (re:post-London) Stones.

Twelve of the eighteen songs on this CD appear on 40 Licks; all but one are on the second disc of 40 Licks.

So here's whatcha do. If you've already bought 40 Licks, buy this CD, throw away the second disc of 40 Licks, throw away the packaging for Jump Back, insert the Jump Back disc into the 40 Licks case. Now you don't have to suffer throught the 4 "new" songs on the 40 Licks second disc or those lame 90s singles - Love Is Strong and Anybody Seen My Baby.

Because this is a much, much better representation of this period in the Stones catalog. Even better would be to start with the 17 songs from Jump Back (minus Wild Horses which is on disc 1 of 40 Licks). Add You Got Me Rocking, Shattered, and Out Of Control (the live version from No Security). Now you have 20 tracks to make your 40 Licks Disc 2.

[www.amazon.com]
Whoever wrote is probably American and didn't know that Jump Back was released in Europe ten years earlier.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home