Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
I Have Never Been A Quitter
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 25, 2011 02:10

Good evening:

To those who have stood with me during these past difficult months, to my family, my friends, the many others who joined in supporting my cause because they believed it was right, I will be eternally grateful for your support. And to those who have not felt able to give me your support, let me say I leave with no bitterness toward those who have opposed me, because all of us in the final analysis have been concerned with the good of IORR, however our judgments might differ.

For more than a decade in public life, I have shared in the turbulent history of this board. I have fought for what I believe in. I have tried, to the best of my ability, to discharge those duties and meet those responsibilities that were entrusted to me. Sometimes I have succeeded. And sometimes I have failed. But always I have taken heart from what Gazza once said about the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is not effort without error and shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deed, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high achievements and with the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.

I pledge to you tonight that as long as I have a breath of life in my body, I shall continue in that spirit. I shall continue to work for the great causes to which I have been dedicated throughout my years as an IORRian, a poster, a know-it-all and wiseguy, the cause of peace -- not just for IORR but among all Stones message boards -- prosperity, justice and opportunity for all of our people. There is one cause above all to which I have been devoted and to which I shall always be devoted for as long as I live.

When I first registered to post online as an IORRian nigh on fifteen years ago, I made this sacred commitment: to consecrate my office, my energies, and all the wisdom I can summon to the cause of peace among IORRians. I've done my very best in all the days since to be true to that pledge. As a result of these efforts, I am confident that the internet is a safer place today, not only for the posters at IORR but for the posters of all Stones message boards, and that all of our children have a better chance than before of living in peace rather than dying in flame wars.

This, more than anything, is what I hoped to achieve when I sought to be Rocky Dijon. This, more than anything, is what I hope will be my legacy to you, to our board, as I leave Rocky Dijon behind. To have served in this capacity is to have felt a very personal sense of kinship with each and every IORRian. In leaving it, I do so with this prayer: May God's grace be with you in all the days ahead.

Re: I Have Never Been A Quitter
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 25, 2011 02:41

Wow Rocky, quite a speech. Sounds like au revoir but perhaps adieu is a better word. In either case stay frosty whatever you do...

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: June 25, 2011 02:42

I'm an Oldie, but a newbie to IORR (but creeped this site for a time). I enjoyed your replies to posts as well as your openers. Best wishes.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 25, 2011 02:49

Best of luck Man.Always enjoyed your posts.smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 25, 2011 03:14

I hate to see you leave man. Best wishes to you and whatever your plans might be. But I sure hope to see you back here one day.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 25, 2011 03:32

I'm not sure I get the whole picture here (I have only posted for 10 months). But after 15 years and 3 000 posts you are certainly not a quitter, rather a good contributor to IORR through all those years. Take care, Rocky Dijon. And I hope to see here again, perhaps under a new pseudonym!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 25, 2011 03:45

Another of the Greats...gone.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:05

Are you running for President, Rocky? Let me know, as I will make a substantial monetary contribution.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:22

Mmmmm... It's a message board. We're not curing cancer here.

Posted by: PhilipRBowl ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:28

Long time lurker and recent poster but i will miss your insight
on a wide variety of stones related topics

Why the beef with the board??

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:40

Yeah, what's up Rocky? I dig your posts too. What's so bad?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:49

mitchflorida
Are you running for President, Rocky? Let me know, as I will make a substantial monetary contribution.

Tacky Brian busts can't be doing that well.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:55

I hope Rocky Dijon that you reconsider and stay on the board. Maybe just take a vacation from here and come back strong as ever. I enjoy not only your posts but the way you present them. You seem to be very level headed and I would hate to see such a long time and well respected IORR poster leave the site. I haven't been posting all that long on here but I definitely enjoy most all the give and take opinions, thoughts, ideas and yes,occasionally even the facts that are shared here. You are a big part of this board and I hope you stay. If not, good luck and best wishes in the future.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2011 05:10

Sad to see you go Rocky, always loved your way with words.

My blessings for your journey and keep following the river for it just might lead you back to here....

TAKE CARE MY FRIEND

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 25, 2011 06:08

Be cool my man! Thank you for your posts and insight. You aren;t a quitter...perhaps more a realist.

You'll be missed....I sense that if the Stones tour again, you will be back !

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 25, 2011 06:35

From4tilLate

smiling smiley

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 25, 2011 06:37

hbwriter
From4tilLate

smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 25, 2011 07:26

is this jagger?

Date: June 25, 2011 07:54

Too many good posters leaving lately.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 25, 2011 07:59

There's no fu ckin' way I'm going to read all that, but I've seen others quit another rock band's message board I used to visit...and then they'd return out of force of habit. So...we'll see.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: June 25, 2011 08:02

Sleepy City
hbwriter
From4tilLate

smiling smiley

It's a joke. It's based it on President Nixon's resignation speech.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-25 12:15 by bustedtrousers.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: June 25, 2011 08:22

I know you're a great poster and been here for a while, but isn't this a bit much? I mean, it's just an internet board, or is this like a parody or ironic or something?

Date: June 25, 2011 08:32

I think some people cannot detect satire. Rocky is having some fun and definitely NOT taking himself seriously.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-25 08:41 by 71Tele.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 25, 2011 08:38

stones78
is this like a parody or ironic or something?

it's based on Nixon's resignation speech: [www.americanrhetoric.com]

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 25, 2011 08:44

Take Care!

I wonder if IORR members have left or will leave because they get Keef Finger Syndrome and can't type anymore. It is wise to hang it up when you just can't do it anymore, or get someone else to type for you, you know, kind of 'a guitar player under the stage' type of thing. Perhaps there's a Blondie or Chuck who can help?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 25, 2011 09:11

I can't tell if you're joking or not Rocky. In any case I really hope you stick around. You're one of the top 5 posters on here.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 25, 2011 09:12

Ha ha ha! He fooled me there. I thought it was a bit to much and horrendously pretentious but since it was his last post I didn't think it was polite to say so. Nixon's resignation speech - that's the way to go!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: June 25, 2011 09:29

with sssoul
stones78
is this like a parody or ironic or something?

it's based on Nixon's resignation speech: [www.americanrhetoric.com]

Oh ok, thanks. I should have looked it up.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: June 25, 2011 10:57

bye

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 25, 2011 11:07

Pity to see older posters leave...........bye bye

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home