Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New Eddie Vedder DVD - Awesome!
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 04:52

Wow, I just watched the new Eddie Vedder live DVD called "Water On Road". It's been out about a week, this is really a great DVD. Eddie plays a bunch of songs from "Into The Wild" and some cool covers and such - pick this up if you are a fan. It's largely acoustic but some electric also, but almost completely solo show. I really enjoyed it. I'd like to see a Stones show that was largely acoustic, how about "Stripped 2"!

Re: OT: New Eddie Vedder DVD - Awesome!
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 05:36

Incidentally, this week's free iTunes song card at Starbucks is Eddie Vedder's new song LONGING TO BELONG. I downloaded it and it's not bad. (The weekly iTunes cards are free at Starbucks.)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:21

I'm listening to the Eddie Vedder new album "Ukulele Songs" now.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:40

Indeed. smileys with beer

He is doing a small U.S. tour to promote his new ukelele album. Its a pretty good collection of ukelele songs. I enjoy it, although I don't think its that great. Even Vedder said something like "well its like painting with one color", for me it gets a little boring.

Rumor has it that Pearl Jam just finished recording an album. They are on tour in September to celebrate their 20th Anniversary.

I've seen Vedder 3 times and will be seeing him in Providence, Boston, and Hartford in 2 weeks.drinking smiley He plays acoustic, electric, mandolin, ukelele, and Harmonica; and has another acoustic guitarist come out for 1 or 2 songs. Vedder has come along way playing guiter. At any random PJ show he probably plays guitar on 30 to 40% of the songs. (the setlists are always changing so that % is hard to figure, just my educated guess) . . .

Regarding the DVD, recorded in Washington 2008; good stuff, there are 3 Dylan covers, Girl from the North Country, Forever Young, and Watchtower . . .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 7, 2011 12:46

NorthShoreBlues2
Indeed. smileys with beer

Rumor has it that Pearl Jam just finished recording an album. They are on tour in September to celebrate their 20th Anniversary.

I wish I was there ...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 8, 2011 05:34

BTW, that album cover from "Ukulele Songs" is just brilliant. It is haunting and yet mysterious. Staring at it is addicting.

It is not by any means a great album, but I do like "Dream A Little Dream".

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: June 8, 2011 12:08

went and bought the DVD on my lunch break, thanks for the heads up!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home