Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Stones To Roll Until End Of Decade!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:41

Time to start spending more time looking forward rather than looking back. Yes, the Stones have a glorious past, but maybe, just maybe, the best is yet to come? Sounds preposterous, doesn't it, but we are talking about the Rolling Stones, are we not? Have these guys not (time after time) spit in the face of Father Time? Year after year, decade after decade, there is one constant, the Rolling Stones, they just keep rollin, against all odds!

I am just so damn excited about the next eight to ten years and what it is going to bring forth once the Stones realize that their destiny is the studio and not the stage. Sure, we will have that 2012 anniversary tour, (and you can take that to the bank) but it is aftermath of that final tour that I am really excited for, when (in their old age) they come together (in studio) to get down to recording some serious blues!

Yes, the Stones are gonna keep rollin (health permitting, of course) for at least another eight years and yes, (with a little luck) the best is yet to come, just you wait and see!

Re: Stones To Roll Until End Of Decade!
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:48

Hope is the last to die. Never give up on hope, Stonescrow!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:48

Love your enthusiasm, but really.....

Date: April 28, 2011 04:00

Stoneage
Hope is the last to die. Never give up on hope, Stonescrow!

Always remember that these fellows grew up amidst the ruins of London! They are survivors and are as tough as nails! Never sell them short.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2011 04:03

I hear you, Stonescrow! Never meant to be sarcastic.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: April 28, 2011 04:05

stonescrow
Time to start spending more time looking forward rather than looking back. Yes, the Stones have a glorious past, but maybe, just maybe, the best is yet to come? Sounds preposterous, doesn't it, but we are talking about the Rolling Stones, are we not? Have these guys not (time after time) spit in the face of Father Time? Year after year, decade after decade, there is one constant, the Rolling Stones, they just keep rollin, against all odds!

I am just so damn excited about the next eight to ten years and what it is going to bring forth once the Stones realize that their destiny is the studio and not the stage. Sure, we will have that 2012 anniversary tour, (and you can take that to the bank) but it is aftermath of that final tour that I am really excited for, when (in their old age) they come together (in studio) to get down to recording some serious blues!

Yes, the Stones are gonna keep rollin (health permitting, of course) for at least another eight years and yes, (with a little luck) the best is yet to come, just you wait and see!

Keep rolling....probably. Best is yet to come....probaby not!

Date: April 28, 2011 04:08

Edith Grove
Love your enthusiasm, but really.....

They have been blessed with longevity for a reason. They are *symbols* of freedom.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 28, 2011 04:10

stonescrow
maybe, just maybe, the best is yet to come? Sounds preposterous, doesn't it

It does!

Date: April 28, 2011 04:14

No Expectations
stonescrow

Expect little, and you will receive little.

Date: April 28, 2011 04:15

tatters
stonescrow
maybe, just maybe, the best is yet to come? Sounds preposterous, doesn't it

It does!

Yes, and that is why they will call it a Miracle when it comes to pass!

Date: April 28, 2011 04:24

Stoneage
I hear you, Stonescrow! Never meant to be sarcastic.

Never for a moment thought you were being sarcastic, just reinforcin what ya said, mate! We are on the same page!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 28, 2011 04:26

stonescrow
No Expectations
stonescrow

Expect nothing and avoid disappointment. Or be pleasantly surprised.

Date: April 28, 2011 04:34

tatters
stonescrow
No Expectations
stonescrow

Expect nothing and avoid disappointment. Or be pleasantly surprised.

Sorry, I am on the backstretch of my life so I am going all out to the finish! I do not fear failure!

Date: April 28, 2011 05:18

Nothing to do with fear of failure but do you really expect "the best is yet to come"???? By best I am refering to quality of performance. I can't see it? A great show...a great tour....SURE....but the best ever??? Just not physically possible! A new Era of studio prowess I would love to see it but not sure it's realistic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-28 05:21 by No Expectations.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 28, 2011 05:31

No, sadly, if what you mean by "best" are albums of the quality of Beggars Banquet and Exile On Main Street, and shows like 1969, 72, 73 or even 78 or 81, the best is not yet to come. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but this is just the reality. Better to accept it than hold out hope for the truly impossible.

However, if we see more things like Plundered My Soul in the next few years, there still may be a little bit of "the best" (or at least something very good) left to come, so I can go that far with you.

Date: April 28, 2011 05:53

71Tele
No, sadly, if what you mean by "best" are albums of the quality of Beggars Banquet and Exile On Main Street, and shows like 1969, 72, 73 or even 78 or 81, the best is not yet to come. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but this is just the reality. Better to accept it than hold out hope for the truly impossible.

However, if we see more things like Plundered My Soul in the next few years, there still may be a little bit of "the best" (or at least something very good) left to come, so I can go that far with you.

Agreed

Date: April 28, 2011 06:39

No Expectations
Nothing to do with fear of failure but do you really expect "the best is yet to come"???? By best I am refering to quality of performance. I can't see it? A great show...a great tour....SURE....but the best ever??? Just not physically possible! A new Era of studio prowess I would love to see it but not sure it's realistic.

When I say "best to come" I mean primarily artistically, as in song writing and by the fact it will appear (emotionally) even better because of the so called impossibility of it. They are at the stage of their lives where they have so many life experiences to draw from, so in theory they should be able to write as never before. As far as I am concerned Out Of Control and Saint Of Me are as good or better than anything they have ever done, and that wasn't all that long ago. As far as their touring goes I think they may have peaked with the Licks tour, but certainly maintained a reasonably high level of performance for ABB. Personally, I hope they scale the next tour way back in comparison to ABB. Their future is in the studio with more emphasis on their blues roots which should bring forth some great songs over the next decade. Of course they are going to need continued luck in the health department, but so far they have proven to be pretty damn durable bunch.

Date: April 28, 2011 06:49

71Tele

There are still some great songs left in them as was proved with PMS. It's just a matter of doing what they do best. Laugh, I Nearly Died was also a great song, and as I have said a hundred times before Out Of Control and Saint Of Me are two of their greatest ever at least in my opinion. My guess is that DW finally got through to Mick and we are now going to see a return to some great song writing. I absolutely loved the ten new/old Exile tracks.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 07:06

well, you do have to give it up for stonescrow heart, good for you! smileys with beer Keep on rocking . . .

But does anyone else feel like we are sort of waiting it out as if someone you know is about to pass away, hate to be so morbid, but I'm at the point of accepting the end has come, anyone else feel this? Its not a good feeling. I just can't see this band coming together and playing . . . I have to admit, however, seeing mick, charlie, ronnie and bill play was a really incredible feeling . . . Oh well I guess I will wallow in my own misery . . .

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 28, 2011 07:14

Father Time? Keith carries a blade to deal with Father Time. Yeah He's Bad-Asssss.

Intriguing idea that after touring they might focus on creating more discs together. If they really spent enough time together they could come with some good music.

Date: April 28, 2011 07:35

NorthShoreBlues2
well, you do have to give it up for stonescrow heart, good for you! smileys with beer Keep on rocking . . .

But does anyone else feel like we are sort of waiting it out as if someone you know is about to pass away, hate to be so morbid, but I'm at the point of accepting the end has come, anyone else feel this? Its not a good feeling. I just can't see this band coming together and playing . . . I have to admit, however, seeing mick, charlie, ronnie and bill play was a really incredible feeling . . . Oh well I guess I will wallow in my own misery . . .

Thanks, mate. They just have to realize that their future is in the studio. There is really nothing for them left to prove as a live act, they have done it better than anyone and for longer than anyone. After next year's tour it's albums and select performances until they are 75-80. I see them all growing closer together in the years to come, it happens that way with old folks, believe me, I know.

Date: April 28, 2011 07:36

stonescrow
NorthShoreBlues2

Thanks, mate. They just have to realize that their future is in the studio. There is really nothing for them left to prove as a live act, they have done it better than anyone and for longer than anyone. After next year's tour it's albums and select performances until they are 75-80. I see them all growing closer together in the years to come, it happens that way with old folks, believe me, I know.
smileys with beer

Date: April 28, 2011 07:59

deadegad
Father Time? Keith carries a blade to deal with Father Time. Yeah He's Bad-Asssss.

Intriguing idea that after touring they might focus on creating more discs together. If they really spent enough time together they could come with some good music.

It might seem unrealistic to think that suddenly something is going to change and they are going to get together and start recording as a group ever again, but I think once they finish up with this anniversary tour we are going to see exactly that. Even Mick and Keith will eventually be forced to see their own mortality, if they haven't already. Sometimes I get the impression that they actually believe they will stay forever young, and that is a good outlook to have, for it tends to keep you thinking and feeling young, however, at some point they are going to have to take a peek at the clock on the wall and realize that time is no longer on their side.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 28, 2011 08:11

Steel Wheelchairs indeed.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 28, 2011 08:23

Some, myself included, have hoped that The Stone roll the dice and go with an unconventional producer like Jack White. A dirty sound. If there is a big 50th world tour I doubt they'll take the chance though. They, or Mick, will choose someone safe.

Perhaps after that they could focus on just recording. I would dig it if they did just that. If they just spent more time together creating music. If they just took chance and experimented with their sound some more. They might be told old for the lengthy tours but they could add still to their musical legacy. Perhaps tremendously so. They could surprise us.

Jack White, Rick Rubin come to mind.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 28, 2011 09:13

Last Tour 2019...Mick is 76..yeah why not..smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 28, 2011 13:31

the best is yet to come...
frank sinatras tombstone has this written on it
...and i´m still waiting

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: April 28, 2011 17:40

stonescrow

You must be off your head

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 28, 2011 17:49

stonescrow
the Stones are gonna keep rollin

I like that

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 28, 2011 17:52

Sadly, I think their best writing ( as Jagger/Richards) is behind them because they no longer write the same way; they don't lock themselves away for days at a time to come up with new material....they just don't love that process anymore, they write separately and paste the material together. I think that they also write a song completely alone...either a Mick tune or a Keith tune and just allow the credits to run as Jagger/Richards.
As far as a tour for 2012....I remain skeptical but hopeful. We have to just say that what will be will be and be thankful regardless of what occurs...we've had a magnificant run, unrivaled by any other band on the planet.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home