Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Muddy Waters painting the ceiling
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 24, 2014 12:06

I tend to give some credence to Marshall Chess's side of the story, that his father and uncle took care of the musicians, financially and otherwise, when they weren't earning. It's not black and white (haha).

Date: October 24, 2014 15:33

Bliss
I tend to give some credence to Marshall Chess's side of the story, that his father and uncle took care of the musicians, financially and otherwise, when they weren't earning. It's not black and white (haha).

You mean like giving them paid painting and roadie jobs? winking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 24, 2014 15:47

Bliss

I've read accounts in multiple biographies and autobiographies telling of stories where the Chess brothers would redirect roalties from an artist or artists who were doing well to help sustain lesser performing artists when they weren't doing well.

I can offer no sources as I haven't read any of the biographies in a while but I'm pretty sure that examples exist in books I've read about Muddy & Chuck and others that I can't think of off the top of my head. Pretty sure that I'd agree with Bliss that I've seen Marshall Chess make comments about it too.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home