Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 20
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - DVD and movie
Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 16, 2010 11:59

The screening includes an interview with Mick before the film starts, it was recorded earlier this year. He discusses the movie and the Stones in general. The showing in London tonight says the program starts at 8pm and finishes at 10pm.

Mickschix - I don't think it's in 3D. Would be good if it was!

Re: Thursday, Sept 16 Showing of Ladies And Gentlemen in New York City
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 16, 2010 15:51

cc
it's also playing on 23rd St. & 8th Ave. in Chelsea. I have to work, but am going to try to make it by 8 or so. Anyone know if they're maybe showing the bonus footage as a sort of preview? Otherwise, the movie's pretty short.

it hadn't occurred to me that it might sell out.

I wanted to see it at Union Square, but, as of Tuesday that was already sols out (online, anyway), so I bought a ticket for 62d street, instead. I ws surprised it would sell out (that early), but I guess there are just enough of us in NYC to fill three theaters!

Re: Thursday, Sept 16 Showing of Ladies And Gentlemen in New York City
Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 16, 2010 21:05

tix still available at Chelsea Cinemas, 23rd & 8th, as of about 12:30 today. Didn't realize they were going for $20! Now if they'll just play the usual 20 minutes of previews for other features, then the new interview, I should get there in time for the whole concert...

Re: So Ladies and Gentlemen, Who's Going Where?
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 16, 2010 22:27

I can tell you who's NOT going. Any of my real-life friends - they're so lame. Not one person is interested - this is why I love having IORR in my life. Otherwise, I would feel like I'm all alone out here.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 16, 2010 23:23

Next week i go in Barcelona.
Is there Ladies and Gentlemen in some cinema?
Sici

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 16, 2010 23:25

Of course there will be Ladies and Gentlemen in some cinema's winking smiley

Posted by: winter ()
Date: September 16, 2010 23:30

CindyC
I can tell you who's NOT going. Any of my real-life friends - they're so lame. Not one person is interested - this is why I love having IORR in my life. Otherwise, I would feel like I'm all alone out here.

I hear ya, Cindy; baffled at their non-interest, I'll be heading to the movie solo if I feel like battling rush hour traffic. Thank goodness for the fellow crazies at IORR!

Date: September 16, 2010 23:33

winter
I hear ya, Cindy; baffled at their non-interest, I'll be heading to the movie solo if I feel like battling rush hour traffic. Thank goodness for the fellow crazies at IORR!

You should definitely go, even if you have to go solo! I'm not going by myself, but thought it would be fun to get a little gang, but nope. Next life I'm going to have cool friends!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: September 16, 2010 23:49

CindyC
I'm not going by myself, but thought it would be fun to get a little gang, but nope.

I'm more or less in a similar boat: I slept on my thumb wrong last night, so this whole day has already felt like a complete catastrophe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-17 00:06 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 16, 2010 23:57

Back from the first night of 5 showings here in Sweden. Unfortunately, they had´nt received a 5.1 copy, so it was more or less mono, altough on good volume. It was´nt a satellite feed, they received a file instead, and I think the picture was not much better compared to my old VHS and DVD copys because of this. The samples on the Exile docu looked MUCH better, so there´s hope. Anyway, it was a good night out, meeting old friends, and having a good time together.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-17 00:32 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: September 17, 2010 00:10

cirrhosis
I'm more or less in a similar boat: I slept on my thumb wrong last night, so this whole day has already felt like a complete catastrophe.

oh poop - i wish i saw what little gem you had on here before you edited this.

I thought your post about women under you on the other thread was funny.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: September 17, 2010 00:29

CindyC
I'm in the same boat, not one real life friend wanted to go,
but that is not stopping me.
I'm going to see it tonight solo. The theatre is not even sold out.
They told me I don't even have to wait on a line

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: September 17, 2010 00:58

I've just seen the movie here in Holland...

I loved the bits with Mick Taylor!! His fingers moves smoothly on the fingerboard on his guitar!!

One thing... the sound wasn't that great. Right after Tumblin' Dice the sound became softer or something.
The movie was fun to watch, but I've expected more remastered parts or something. Don't know...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 17, 2010 01:59

It's still the same movie, and it has never been one of my faves. The pic looked better, but there's been some places where they just couldn't do much. The sound had a very loud bass, but that lacked in the bootleg versions I've seen, so it's nice to hear Bill properly. Most beautiful moment is still Jagger's hand on the mic during the LIV intro.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 17, 2010 04:06

I am going by myself, just like I go to many concerts, I don't like going to shows with 1/2 interested people, they ruin it for me. Seems to be plenty tickets left, which I discussed in another thread.

[www.iorr.org]

I hear tickets are $20 in New York, Wow, here in the L.A. area, at least where I'm going it's $12.50, but only $8.00 with my Costco discount!

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: September 17, 2010 04:49

I have to say I really enjoyed this movie. The best part was the 77 year old lady sitting next to me, a long time Stones fan. When the film started, she was up on her feet dancing.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: September 17, 2010 04:51

Saw it this evening in Toronto. It was great, but I thought the sound was too low. About half way through "You Can't Always Get What You Want", the sound seemed to increase slightly but it still could have been louder! Anyone else find that?

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:06

saw it in Grove City, Ohio this evening. there were only 3 people in the theater. they played it LOUD. sounded great. a couple of audio dropouts and a few other glitches, can't remember where. if anything, Keith could have been mixed a little louder. some of the songs seemed compressed compared to others. Bye Bye Johnny was mixed particularly well, loud and clear. enjoyed every song.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:31

I am bummed that I couldn't go see the flick tonight. Great to read reviews from fellow fans!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:44

just got back from seeing it in NYC; got there late and had the pleasure of sitting in the front row! Everyone knows the soundtrack is great, but I think it's actually underrated as a film... the focus on mick is not as overbearing as I recalled--not really much more than it is in Shine a Light--and the concert experience is coherently delivered. I like that little time is wasted on crowd shots. It gives a very introspective mood to the performance.

Date: September 17, 2010 05:51

I was surprised with the credits. I haven't seen this in a long time, so not sure if they were on the original version, but I think they were new credits.

There was John Lennon, Yoko, The Who. Why Yoko? I'm guessing Rock and Roll Circus, but I didn't see any footage in there.

Keith Richards was first. Why was Keith first and not any of the other guys?

Anyone have any answers to these pressing questions? Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:58

The Mez
Anyone here going to see it in Branford CT? MEZ

i was at the branford show tonite!!!
i was wearing a black EOMS shirt
glad they had the sound cranked up
too bad about the low turnout-only about 50 people

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:59

Just saw the movie..Looks Great & Sounds Great....I've seen many versions...In the movies.. VHS.. DVD..This is by far the best..THe sound is mixed beautifully..Crisp & Clear Picture...A Must Have....Mick Taylor is wonderful!!!

Charlie

Date: September 17, 2010 06:02

Where I was when it started it wasn't loud at all - luckily some guy in the theater asked them to turn it up. The sound was only coming out from the front of the theater so you didn't feel it all around you as I was expecting. Still - I was rocking in my seat.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 17, 2010 06:03

Just got back from Gulf Shores, Alabama. Loved it. Our sound was very good. A new state of the theatre helped a great deal. If you like Taylor, he gets plenty of screen time. Nice to hear Jagger talk about Taylor in the preview. Can't wait to hear other reactions.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 17, 2010 06:14

I went to the New Orleans show.

Arrived a half-hour early and the interview was already playing.
Concert footage started at 7:15 (showtime was advertised at 7:30 PM).
Besides this, the picture & audio went out during ADTL and skipped to the next song.

Anyone else have these problems?

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 17, 2010 06:14

Just saw it in Orland Park, Illinois. Good to see it cleaned up. sound was well improved. Crowd was clapping in between songs like we were at a concert. Fun time.

Posted by: gomp ()
Date: September 17, 2010 06:19

J.J.Flash
Just saw it in Orland Park, Illinois. Good to see it cleaned up. sound was well improved. Crowd was clapping in between songs like we were at a concert. Fun time.

I just saw it a Orland, too. Had a great time.

Date: September 17, 2010 07:13

Edith Grove
I went to the New Orleans show.

Arrived a half-hour early and the interview was already playing.
Concert footage started at 7:15 (showtime was advertised at 7:30 PM).
Besides this, the picture & audio went out during ADTL and skipped to the next song.

Anyone else have these problems?

Not at all. Started at 7:30. I think it was during JJF that the volume seemed to suddenly turn down a bit, but it wasn't extremely noticeable. Could've just been the theatre doing it.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 17, 2010 07:44

CindyC
I was surprised with the credits. I haven't seen this in a long time, so not sure if they were on the original version, but I think they were new credits.

There was John Lennon, Yoko, The Who. Why Yoko? I'm guessing Rock and Roll Circus, but I didn't see any footage in there.

Keith Richards was first. Why was Keith first and not any of the other guys?

Anyone have any answers to these pressing questions? Thanks in advance!

I believe Keith was involved in the mixing/editing of the soundtrack during post-production.

When asked, Yoko recommended the Stones use filmmakers Fries and Gebhart, who had shot John's One-To-One Concert.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home