Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Sam Cutler on FOX last night
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 30, 2010 07:44

Actually, Sam Cutler's best (maybe oddest) line in the Gimme Shelter film is the "Sorry, tough s***" line when a guy is "freaking out" on drugs. So much for the Love crowd.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 30, 2010 08:17

tomk
bustedtrousers
msw2525
Hey skipstone whens the last time you gave a speech to half a million people? And ultra white tea party? I love how something like the tea party movement gives people like you so much fear you have to start putting a racial spin on it to put yourself at ease. I guess there is no way it could just be people who all feel strongly about certain ideals gathering peacefully together. And by the way bringing no signs of protest of any kind with them. Yes what a stretch. Then there is people like yourself who are so threatened by what they stand for who go to tea party rallies and bring signs to hold to make them look like something they are not. Why give a thought about them if they are so insignificant? In a word...fear. Good luck to your people in november, they will need it.

and to everyone else dont forget fox news has megyn kelly and she is a total babe

They may have honored Beck's request to not bring any signs, but it didn't stop them from going about expressing their views and opinions in other ways:

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

"Many in the crowd watched the proceedings on large television screens. On the edges of the Mall, vendors sold "Don't Tread on Me" flags, popular with tea party activists. Other activists distributed fliers urging voters "dump Obama." The pamphlet included a picture of the president with a @#$%&-style mustache."

Isn't that lovely.

Do you agree with that? Do you think that's right?

Oh, the left NEVER EVER did the Bush=@#$%& routine? Please, knock it off.

Yeah, but Bush deserved such insults, and a lot more, for the hell he put America through, along with a good chunk of the world.

Obama's just a guy trying to clean up Bush's mess. It's not his fault the mess is so big it's beyond his means to do so.

And for that he deserves to be compared to @#$%&? You knock it off, pally.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: August 30, 2010 08:57

Obama is America's first Muslim President. I guess that is a good thing.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 30, 2010 10:16

bustedtrousers
tomk
bustedtrousers
msw2525
Hey skipstone whens the last time you gave a speech to half a million people? And ultra white tea party? I love how something like the tea party movement gives people like you so much fear you have to start putting a racial spin on it to put yourself at ease. I guess there is no way it could just be people who all feel strongly about certain ideals gathering peacefully together. And by the way bringing no signs of protest of any kind with them. Yes what a stretch. Then there is people like yourself who are so threatened by what they stand for who go to tea party rallies and bring signs to hold to make them look like something they are not. Why give a thought about them if they are so insignificant? In a word...fear. Good luck to your people in november, they will need it.

and to everyone else dont forget fox news has megyn kelly and she is a total babe

They may have honored Beck's request to not bring any signs, but it didn't stop them from going about expressing their views and opinions in other ways:

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

"Many in the crowd watched the proceedings on large television screens. On the edges of the Mall, vendors sold "Don't Tread on Me" flags, popular with tea party activists. Other activists distributed fliers urging voters "dump Obama." The pamphlet included a picture of the president with a @#$%&-style mustache."

Isn't that lovely.

Do you agree with that? Do you think that's right?

Oh, the left NEVER EVER did the Bush=@#$%& routine? Please, knock it off.

Yeah, but Bush deserved such insults, and a lot more, for the hell he put America through, along with a good chunk of the world.

Obama's just a guy trying to clean up Bush's mess. It's not his fault the mess is so big it's beyond his means to do so.

And for that he deserves to be compared to @#$%&? You knock it off, pally.

You've got a lot to learn, Chumley. But this isn't the board to do it. And BTW, don't call me pally...honey or sweetheart,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-30 10:16 by tomk.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: August 30, 2010 16:01

"Why are we fighting?! Why are we fighting?! We don't want to fight! Come on! Who wants to fight? Every other scene has been cool...Let's just get it together!"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 30, 2010 16:10

mitchflorida

And that is a bad thing Mitch? Does that make him a terrorist? Are Muslims bad? Does it make him anti-USA? You don't have to be a christian to be president, you only have to be human.

Ronald Regan was the first president to say the horrible 'may god bless the USA' bit and now every president since has said it for some stupid reason. So that makes Regan a first at something.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 30, 2010 16:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-30 18:50 by kovach.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 30, 2010 16:22

The real problem is Congress and Sam Cutler. They both need to go away.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: August 30, 2010 16:25

kovach
[/quote]

Congress controls the money and where it goes. Financial problems started the last two years of his presidency, the same year in which the party who controls both houses of congress changed, and have since been made 3X worse. Coincidence?[/quote]

I guess the oil spill was the fault of Bush too. OBama kinda disappeared on that one sonny. he has been a disaster from the "git go"

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 30, 2010 17:33

IORR Forum Help and Policy

Political and religious posts are not accepted.

[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 30, 2010 18:32

You know, when I started this thread, I thought about not mentioning that I watched it on FOX because of, well, the obvious. But then I thought that reasonable people would be able to stick with the subject, the Cutler interview, not where it was shown.

But, of course, so many of you mindless idiots HAVE to turn it into a political debate, and not a very intelligent one at that. You sound like a group of pre-adolescents hurling silly insults on the school yard. Why don't you get the hell of this thread if you must turn it all into politics? This is a STONES site.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:16

DaveG
You know, when I started this thread, I thought about not mentioning that I watched it on FOX because of, well, the obvious. But then I thought that reasonable people would be able to stick with the subject, the Cutler interview, not where it was shown.

But, of course, so many of you mindless idiots HAVE to turn it into a political debate, and not a very intelligent one at that. You sound like a group of pre-adolescents hurling silly insults on the school yard. Why don't you get the hell of this thread if you must turn it all into politics? This is a STONES
site.

I know what you mean. I had seen Sam Cutler on Fox too and later noticed this thread. My post was one of the early ones and too the point: I wondered about what Cutler had said versus the most common and pervasive view of what happened.

Yet for a moment after my post I thought about "Fox news" being 'blood in the water' for some, and sure enough there is a 'feeding frenzy' happening.

I joined in the thread again when I read that 'Fox' sucks. Despite having asked for an explanation why they thought that was, all we got was more silliness.

I watch all the major news networks in North America including the opinion shows and read and view many other wold wide media sources.

It seems that too many people, not just here, read and watch only news media with which they agree with, sources which reinforce their own views, or prejudices.

That is a shame.

Worse is the phenomenon of 'how dare you dis agree with me.' To clarify: That is to say that if you hold political views, or vote differently, from someone then you are a bad person, bad for the planet, you are demonized.

It seems to me that in the USA this self righteousness afflicts liberal democratic voters more than others. They seem to abhor people who disagree with them more than non-democratic voters. This arrogant self righteousness is truly regrettable.

And I have been left of center on most things, not all, most of my life, nor did I vote for Bush.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-30 19:20 by deadegad.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:17

Allright,getting back on topic. Cutler mentioned that thier was 2 shots actually fired at the stage toward Jagger. I don't remember hearing that before. Has it ever been mentioned?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:46

"in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"
eye rolling smiley
love that, what's it from?

The Hell's Angels hated, repeat HATED hippies. to them, What could possibly have been worse? A black guy with a white girlfriend, to them. What could have been even worse? The black dude had a gun.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:50

The Greek
OBAMA SUCKS
So much for getting back on topic.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:52

Yes, I had never heard that 2 shots had been fired either. Funny that after all these years, a new bit of information comes to the surface (at least it is new to me).

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:54

It always makes me laugh when the neo-Libs whine about FOX News, they hate the way they constantly prove what a fake, phoney, fraud their hero, Obamao, really is...

erm, btw, the gun wasn't even loaded...

Date: August 30, 2010 20:12

skipstone
mitchflorida

And that is a bad thing Mitch? Does that make him a terrorist? Are Muslims bad? Does it make him anti-USA? You don't have to be a christian to be president, you only have to be human.

Ronald Regan was the first president to say the horrible 'may god bless the USA' bit and now every president since has said it for some stupid reason. So that makes Regan a first at something.

I just don't like Obama lying that he is a Christian. He is either an athiest or a luke-warm Muslim. The only church he ever attends on Sunday Morning is The Church of the Eighteen Holes. Unemployment is through the roof, and Obama just lives it up and plays golf at all of the country clubs.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 30, 2010 20:21

Let's forget the nonsense. When it comes to living it up while unemployment soars, you'd have the same result with either party in the White House. Obama and Bush both handled situations badly. Who cares which is the worse president?
The most ridiculous comment of all was telling the conservatives here that they're supporting the wrong band. That's like telling someone who doesn't take drugs that they don't belong here. It's supposed to be about the music. Politics is relevant only where it relates to the lyrics. Otherwise it just hijacks threads and makes otherwise intelligent people lose their sense of humor, theircommon sense, and their dignity.

You know it's pretty sad when a mean-spirited smart ass like me who picks on people for fun is trying to be the voice of reason. Straighten up, people so I can go back to writing snarky posts.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 30, 2010 20:42

Obama does suck, not because I am a conservative, but because Obama IS a conservative.

Wouldn't there be audio proof of shots fired, with new technology can't this be determined??

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 30, 2010 20:52

actually, who cares who the president is? as we've seen, no matter who it is, they are beholden to Wall Street and Oil Companies.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: August 30, 2010 20:53

Cutler's a douchebag!!!

I remember vividlly the Rolling Stone Mag review of Altamont. That reporter was
right there like Sam, (Mr. "Tough Shit") like he cared what was going on in front of him. He's scaried of the Hells Angels.. bottom-line.

The cops and the R. Stone writer both said: M. Hunter's gun wasn't loaded!
the reporter was right there and watched as the Angels picked a fight with Hunter,
a Black man with a Blonde girlfriend. He was punched several times, Hunter
stupidly pulled his gun thinking it would scare the Angels into stopping, and he
paid for it with his life. Those "people" who had the sawed-off pool ques were
HELLS ANGELS, watch Gimme Shelter, you see them pull them from a bag.. with
their HA jackets on... jessss
I believe the Rolling Stone writer

MLC

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 30, 2010 20:58

MCDDTLC
Cutler's a douchebag!!!

I remember vividlly the Rolling Stone Mag review of Altamont. That reporter was
right there like Sam, (Mr. "Tough Shit") like he cared what was going on in front of him. He's scaried of the Hells Angels.. bottom-line.

The cops and the R. Stone writer both said: M. Hunter's gun wasn't loaded!
the reporter was right there and watched as the Angels picked a fight with Hunter,
a Black man with a Blonde girlfriend. He was punched several times, Hunter
stupidly pulled his gun thinking it would scare the Angels into stopping, and he
paid for it with his life. Those "people" who had the sawed-off pool ques were
HELLS ANGELS, watch Gimme Shelter, you see them pull them from a bag.. with
their HA jackets on... jessss
I believe the Rolling Stone writer

MLC

How would the reporter know the gun was not loaded? Did he retrieve it? Maybe he could say he didn't hear any shots, but how does he know it wasn't loaded. As for the cops, sorry, I believe them as much as I believe the HA. They all lie!

Date: August 30, 2010 20:59

MKjan
Obama does suck, not because I am a conservative, but because Obama IS a conservative.

That statement tells me more about you than it does about Barrack Hussein Obama.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 30, 2010 21:00

I say it again and again and again and again and again... No politics on IORR please. Anywhere else, but not here. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home