Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger a Gifted Genius..
Posted by: downagain ()
Date: August 28, 2010 16:05

jamesfdouglas
josepi

today's music has few, if any. and it shows in their music.

Not true. Those beliefs are what holds the general populace from appreciating music out of the bland commercial mainstream. Good music is there, it just requires digging, and effort, to find.

Not unlike the old days in a way.

I couldn't agree with this more. If your source for current "genius" is the radio is Top 40 radio then you're going to be left wanting. If you're willing to look around there's a goldmine out there.

Re: Mick Jagger a Gifted Genius..
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 28, 2010 23:12

downagain
jamesfdouglas
josepi

today's music has few, if any. and it shows in their music.

Not true. Those beliefs are what holds the general populace from appreciating music out of the bland commercial mainstream. Good music is there, it just requires digging, and effort, to find.

Not unlike the old days in a way.

I couldn't agree with this more. If your source for current "genius" is the radio is Top 40 radio then you're going to be left wanting. If you're willing to look around there's a goldmine out there.

jamesfdouglas..For sure..there are alot of Geniuses out there and not only in the music industry.But there's a few things i've always noticed about most Geniuses they seem to be quite private sort of individuals.And quite happy just to work away doing their work in the background somewhere right out of the limelight.And some gifted Geniuses are a bit eccentric and become a recluse.I've actually noticed that in a few people i've known as well..that are also bordering on what I would call a Genius.
But yea'..there are Geniuses out there in the the music industry.But there's just one thing you have to go to them..because they certainly won't come to you...That's just the way they are.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home