Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Let's Spend The Night Together Official DVD Release
Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:30

[in the states]

-check your local FYE $15
and
-borders $15

i live in NE ohio and both stores had the DVD in stock.
going to watch it tonight...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:34

Doc
A nicely remastered version of this with a few additional footage and interviews would to the trick for a 2011 30th anniversary release.
Of course with a nice packaging too.

I agree

At least include the entire show....they have the footage!
I would pay 3x more for that!

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: November 5, 2010 22:39

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

not mentioned

I still say it's bootleg

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 5, 2010 22:47

you can find this release at owatagoosiam.com

Posted by: euro'73 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 14:01

Is When The Whip Comes Down back in the setlist or is it still missing in this new release?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 6, 2010 14:09

whip is still missing. its just the concert. no extras on the usa official release

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 6, 2010 17:50

mothra665
[in the states]

-check your local FYE $15
and
-borders $15

i live in NE ohio and both stores had the DVD in stock.
going to watch it tonight...

did you watch it?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 6, 2010 18:29

Not one of my favorite films of the boys. Jagger is too focused on the damn cameras

Date: November 6, 2010 20:49

always thought the sound quality was muffled.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 6, 2010 23:00

Agree with Bashlets. I can't understand how thet managed to produce such a thin sound. I mean, they hired a well known director, Hal Ashby, for the project. If "Hamptons" came out as an official release though I would buy it on any format. Would't mind heavy editing on it either: they could cut out five minutes of "guitarclowning" on the 10-minutessongs (Beast of burden, ..get what you want, ..imagination, ..Satisfaction)

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 23:08

WeLoveYou
I bought this for £4.88 a couple of weeks ago:-

[www.amazon.co.uk]

It's a pretty good release, in widescreen. Bonus features are the trailer and some still pics.

Is this one from Amazon.co.uk for 4.88 official or a boot?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 7, 2010 00:03

Regarding the new dvd available from Amazon. Just a head's up on this. It's been "cropped" top to bottom to give it the so-called "widescreen" format...very lame. I also don't believe this was ever even filmed in 16x9 to begin with so why bother? The picture resolution is crisp but the sound is not quite as good as my old vhs tape.

And yes, it is the official USA release as it has a preview for the doors' movie to start the disc.

As Stones fans I really don't think we can expect anything more than this since they don't own the rights to this movie.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 00:14 by shadooby.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: November 7, 2010 01:06

Lynd8
WeLoveYou
I bought this for £4.88 a couple of weeks ago:-

[www.amazon.co.uk]

It's a pretty good release, in widescreen. Bonus features are the trailer and some still pics.

Is this one from Amazon.co.uk for 4.88 official or a boot?

If I'm not mistaken it's considered semi-official, because it's a legitimate release in some countries, Japan for instance, maybe Britain, but not America. But it's not a bootleg, it was released by Studio Canal, a legit company. It's just not cleared for all regions.

Date: November 7, 2010 03:00

they ommitted the song Let it Bleed also which pisses me off.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 7, 2010 04:40

I just got done watching Let's Spend the Night Together. Let It Bleed is in the movie, it is just not credited on the songlist on the back of the box....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 7, 2010 04:43

Thank you Sighunt....an editor fault

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 7, 2010 05:01

A couple comments about the DVD release of Let's Spend the Night Together. I have not seen this movie in many years. Even though there are no extras, I thought the picture quality was pretty sharp and clear for a movie from the early 80's. I thought the audio was satisfactory to good- not brilliant by any means. What I hated then as I do now are the edits, especially on Let It Bleed (taken out of concert sequence- if you are looking for it, it comes after Miss You), Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar, and especially Jack Flash.... Although some fans have been lukewarm to that particular tour, the Stones at that time- in particular- Mick Jagger still displayed those elements that drew me to them in the first place such as that hard-rocking, swagger, menace, confidence, and playfulness that I so much have missed in later tours....

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: November 8, 2010 16:26

I just got/watched the Loinsgate new release (from amazon.com US). It was a signigficant improvement my already EX bootleg "semi-official" DVD I had from a few years back. Picture was clearer and brighter. Sound was better too. Recommend!

Of course, I wish it had Whip. That is still on my wish list, but this was a bargain at $11.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-08 16:28 by blakeeik.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 8, 2010 18:28

The audio of the Canal issue is good, possibly better than Still LIfe. So..I may extract the audio and make some MP3s spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I agree about the edits...one of the worst is the ending of UMT.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: November 10, 2010 06:40

I have been watching the Hampton 81 DVD and it blows away the LSTNT movie. I really don't care if I ever see that movie again. Go back and check out Hampton, there is a remastered version that is just awesome.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 10, 2010 06:56

No 5.1 mix, just stereo 2.0.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 10, 2010 07:03

coffeepotman
I have been watching the Hampton 81 DVD and it blows away the LSTNT movie. I really don't care if I ever see that movie again. Go back and check out Hampton, there is a remastered version that is just awesome.

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll watch both. No need to be that cold towards LSTNT afterall this release benefits the casual fan more than us. It's always a good thing that people out there have more Stones DVDs to choose from on the shelf.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 10, 2010 07:40

>> Go back and check out Hampton, there is a remastered version that is just awesome. <<

remastered as in both guitars are audible throughout?? i love that show dearly,
but on the version i have Ronnie is barely audible for about two-thirds of it

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:06

coffeepotman

Yeah, Hampton is far better than LSTNT. Actually, I think SEATTLE SUPERSONIC (Pro Shot/Sound Boot) is better than LSTNT (except no "Going to a Go-Go" ). With that said the 1981 tour was SO "Jane Fonda's Workout/Pastel/See You At The Gym" - not my favorite tour at all. Also notice that all the band's "Dark" Songs are missing from the "set list"? - SYMPATHY/GIMME SHELTER/PAINT IT BLACK/MIDNIGHT RAMBLER/STRAY CAT BLUES/Etc.... wonder what THAT was all about....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 10, 2010 10:41

The 'Dark Songs' might have been missing in an attempt to be as mainstream as possible. This is a band that was just turning the corner from the difficult and messy end of the 70s. 'Love You Live' was mediocre. Keith busted. The '78 Tour was critically panned in Rolling Stone magazine, as was the 'Some Girls' album before Jann stepped in to make nice. In retrospect the '81 Tour looks like they wanted to cash in at the biggest level possible. This was the first commercially sponsored tour (Jovan). They had their last big hit, 'Start Me Up', and the album had a lot of crossover appeal with 'Waiting On A Friend'. They seemed to arrive in the guise of innocent 50s rock and rollers. Cover selections like 'Going to a Go Go' and '20 Flight Rock' gave the tour a Beach Boysy, summer good time with the Rolling Stones. It was fun at the time, but shallow. But, it helped solidify their reputation and pocketbooks.

Posted by: bronjaur ()
Date: November 10, 2010 19:15

There is an official Hungarian edition of LSTNT. It has 5.1 sound and has Let it bleed. Very cheap.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 10, 2010 21:20

bronjaur
There is an official Hungarian edition of LSTNT. It has 5.1 sound and has Let it bleed. Very cheap.

Ehm.....I think this must be the 5th time, just in thread that somebody mention it, but.....here goes: "Let It Bleed" is included on the (standard) DVD release, it's just not listed on the cover.
So there!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 22:09

24FPS
The 'Dark Songs' might have been missing in an attempt to be as mainstream as possible. This is a band that was just turning the corner from the difficult and messy end of the 70s. 'Love You Live' was mediocre. Keith busted. The '78 Tour was critically panned in Rolling Stone magazine, as was the 'Some Girls' album before Jann stepped in to make nice. In retrospect the '81 Tour looks like they wanted to cash in at the biggest level possible. This was the first commercially sponsored tour (Jovan). They had their last big hit, 'Start Me Up', and the album had a lot of crossover appeal with 'Waiting On A Friend'. They seemed to arrive in the guise of innocent 50s rock and rollers. Cover selections like 'Going to a Go Go' and '20 Flight Rock' gave the tour a Beach Boysy, summer good time with the Rolling Stones. It was fun at the time, but shallow. But, it helped solidify their reputation and pocketbooks.

Excellent analysis.
True on all counts, it was an entirely different climate and the beginning of the Stones as old farts, at least to a new generation of music listeners.

You're right, it is shallow and why LSTNT is such a dated dinosour to me in a way that Gimme Shelter or L&G will never be. I was already a fan, missed the tour because I was too young apparently, but I saw this in the theaters. At that time, 82, I had only seen an edited Gimme Shelter on the afternoon movie on tv, been reading books about the glory days etc.., so when this came out, it seemed like they were just going throught the motions.
Not a good representation of the Stones at all, musically or performance-wise. In the wake of the Exile and L&G releases, this is like an imitation of what once was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-10 22:11 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 11, 2010 02:03

Just be aware that if you're looking for live ROIO dvd's,I've had bad luck with a certain someone. I purchased many dvd boots from this certain someone over the last few years and the dvd-r's have become suddenly unplayable in all of my dvd players (cheap dvd-r's)?

As Keef would say "that's the price of an education"!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 11, 2010 02:08

The fact that it is finally out on DVD is a plus in my book. I'll probably pick it up at some point. Afterall, AT LEAST IT'S ON DVD. They haven't bothered with Rewind or anything else for that matter. At least Ladies & Gentlemen is out FINALLY.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home