Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Slide on LIve (Plugged in and Standing)
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 22, 2010 10:56

Love that title. So what is the story with this? The CD is incredible. Ronnie is clearly in control and pulling out all the stops, and his band is shit hot tight. Seeing him revitalized with The (new) Faces reminded me of this live disc. So the booklet that comes with it are stills from a video and in the credits there are references to the video. So where is it? Why wasn't it ever released? Will it be? Any boot copies of it out there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-22 11:01 by whitem8.

Re: Slide on LIve (Plugged in and Standing)
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 22, 2010 12:30

I have always asked that myself. At the time, I was expecting the video to come out within a couple of weeks after the (GREAT!!!) CD, but it did not happen. I have also never seen a glimpse of the video material anywhere, whereas Kilburn and New Barbarians material kept popping up all the time. What baffles me is that even Woodden Records never seemed to plan anything with this material which leads to the question if the video tapes are in Ronnies hands at all. They exist, but does Ronnie have access to this stuff?

Some time after the release of the album, Continuum Records went out of business (bankruptcy?). I hope that the video material did not disappear together with the label.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-22 12:31 by alimente.

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: August 22, 2010 14:11

His slide medley toward the end of this CD is really phenomenal

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: August 22, 2010 14:34

whitem8
Love that title. So what is the story with this?

The title refers to the before released R.Stewart album "unplugged and seated"...But sorry if you already knew that.. but I ever was curious about this video , cause this tour was one of his strongest live performances.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 22, 2010 14:58

Yup I knew that...good story!

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 22, 2010 15:07

i have the vinyl but I WANT the video

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: August 23, 2010 15:05

Don't the credits refer to 'home movie' footage.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 24, 2010 12:21

There is a 15 track version out there as well, sometimes comes up on ebay, once thought I had bought that version ,but when it arrived it was just the normal 13 track version all be it an ''ECO PAK FLP''packaged item instead of the standard jewel case.
Serial no Continium 19309-2 for the ECO edition and Continium CDCTUM 3 for the standard edition, presumably the 15 track edition has another serial number.

There is also another Ronnie Wood Live Album
Live and Eclectic on Burning Airlines S/N Pilot 70 with bonus ep Pilot 70x.
''Recorded at the Electric Ladyland Studios in New York in December 1992 before a boisterous studio audience, the whole of this set recalls the halcyon days of the 'Faces'live radio shows''.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 24, 2010 12:44

When Live And Eclectic came out I spoke with a guy at Burning Pilot and he said they'd been given a lot of stuff including videos from the Slide On This tour which they wanted to do something with. Guess the CD never sold that well so they gave it all back t oRonnie.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 24, 2010 14:48

The GR
When Live And Eclectic came out I spoke with a guy at Burning Pilot and he said they'd been given a lot of stuff including videos from the Slide On This tour which they wanted to do something with. Guess the CD never sold that well so they gave it all back t oRonnie.

Hmmm, I would not count on that...Burning Airlines/Pilot were storytellers to the highest degree, and considering the fact that they did not even had access to the master tapes of the Ladyland performance, but simply copied either the Radio Station disc or the TSP boot CD I strongly doubt that they had access to the "Wood archives" at any given time. One thing is for sure, though, and that is that Live And Eclectic generated only poor sales.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 24, 2010 15:11

alimente
The GR

Hmmm, I would not count on that...Burning Airlines/Pilot were storytellers to the highest degree, and considering the fact that they did not even had access to the master tapes of the Ladyland performance, but simply copied either the Radio Station disc or the TSP boot CD I strongly doubt that they had access to the "Wood archives" at any given time. One thing is for sure, though, and that is that Live And Eclectic generated only poor sales.[/quote

Poor sales ? ,I could see why that happened, it's not a patch on Slide on Live , any sales figures on that one would be interesting to see.
I bought Live and Eclectic when it was on a special offer with the extra EP, it wasn't expensive ,can't remember how much now ,but I have not played it very often as opposed to Slide that is one of my favoured official live items.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 24, 2010 16:35

The extra tracks were the Koch reissue and were two new studio tracks if I recall correctly. I think Bernard sang one and Woody the other. I'd have to dig it out. The live album itself is great playing. The Stones were in great shape at the time and the results can be heard on VOODOO LOUNGE in my opinion. Either way, it's the last true band effort they've released.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home