Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ladies and gentlemen, better sound on TV?
Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: January 4, 2011 00:58

A couple of days ago I saw "Ladies and gentlemen" on Swedish TV. And to my surprise I think the sound on the TV broadcast was BETTER than the sound of the official DVD! The stereo on TV was clearer, you could hear the instruments more separately, specially Mick Taylor's solo guitar. On the DVD the stereo sounded much different, almost like mono. And Taylor's solo guitar wasn't as clear as on the TV. Anybody else who noticed the same?
The same thing happened with Paul McCartney's DVD live in Quebec City from 2008.

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, better sound on TV?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 4, 2011 02:47

You should tape it the next time, maybe they use the a better broadcast version!!!! who knows.........

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 4, 2011 05:09

no they cut songs out on the tv version and it still runs 2 hours, gotta get those commercials in now dont we?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 4, 2011 05:33

L&G was shown on SVT (Swedish public-service tv) last saturday (1/1). It was exactly 57 minutes long (they cut out 3 songs). There were no commercials since SVT is commercial-free (like BBC). I do not own the L&G-dvd so I can't compare the different sound-qualities. I recorded it on my DVD-player in standard play, but haven't seen it yet (only a few minutes here and there). The SVT broadcast is available on SVT Play (on svt.se) until february 2. So you all can watch and judge for yourself!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 4, 2011 16:25

Stoneage
L&G was shown on SVT (Swedish public-service tv) last saturday (1/1). It was exactly 57 minutes long (they cut out 3 songs). There were no commercials since SVT is commercial-free (like BBC). I do not own the L&G-dvd so I can't compare the different sound-qualities. I recorded it on my DVD-player in standard play, but haven't seen it yet (only a few minutes here and there). The SVT broadcast is available on SVT Play (on svt.se) until february 2. So you all can watch and judge for yourself!

For Swedish only, "due to legal restrictions".

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: January 8, 2011 00:41

@Stoneage
Can you post a sample for us?

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 9, 2011 12:47

Just a thought, audio for TV (& radio) broadcasts is quite compressed to get a good punchy volume, maybe this is what's happened

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 9, 2011 17:27

^^^^
that.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 9, 2011 17:33

vox12string
Just a thought, audio for TV (& radio) broadcasts is quite compressed to get a good punchy volume, maybe this is what's happened

I think that's the reason. I sometimes hear songs on radio sounding really great and seemingly better than on my CD's. Same proceedings . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home